Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trott named player of the year, Cook gets test player

+11
Big Dog
Henry
spangler
WIFAN
embee
horace
Allan D
Gary 111
Growler
PeterCS
Brass Monkey
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trott named player of the year, Cook gets test player Empty Trott named player of the year, Cook gets test player

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 21:59

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/14887238.stm

Back to top Go down

Trott named player of the year, Cook gets test player Empty Re: Trott named player of the year, Cook gets test player

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 12 Sep 2011, 22:03

Well, no real surprise. Nice tits BTW.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Trott named player of the year, Cook gets test player Empty Re: Trott named player of the year, Cook gets test player

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 22:08

The f**k? There isn't another thread, asswipe.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 12 Sep 2011, 22:30

Gentlemen, this is SO unseemly. I am going to have to ask you to leave, thank you.

Good to see Sanga honoured too.

What an amateurish-looking/-feeling, navigation-unfriendly website the ICC has. Why am I not entirely surprised by that either?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Mon 12 Sep 2011, 23:40

vilkrang wrote:The f**k? There isn't another thread, asswipe.

In my self-appointed role as forum tedious pedantic pedant, I deel duty bound to inform you that there is a thread ...... here.

However to be fair, it is on page three, and I don't think you were about for the couple of days it was active late last month Very Happy
Growler
Growler

Trott named player of the year, Cook gets test player MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 23:54

Most uninspiring player of the year ever?

Although I checked the list of past winners and he has competition in blandness from Dravid (2004), Kallis (2005) and Chanderpaul (2008)
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Flag/Background : eng

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Sep 2011, 23:55

Growler wrote:
vilkrang wrote:The f**k? There isn't another thread, asswipe.

In my self-appointed role as forum tedious pedantic pedant, I deel duty bound to inform you that there is a thread ...... here.

However to be fair, it is on page three, and I don't think you were about for the couple of days it was active late last month Very Happy
I saw that one. That was about the shortlist. This is about the winners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Tue 13 Sep 2011, 00:16

In which case I'll hand you the crown of forum tedious pedantic pedant Wink
Growler
Growler

Trott named player of the year, Cook gets test player MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2011, 00:20

Duly accepted aye-aye .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2011, 00:49

Gary 111 wrote:Most uninspiring player of the year ever?

Although I checked the list of past winners and he has competition in blandness from Dravid (2004), Kallis (2005) and Chanderpaul (2008)
Uninspiring yes, but easily deserved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan D Tue 13 Sep 2011, 01:14

Sanga is ODI player of the year. Also deserves a special award for his Colin Cowdrey lecture. Probably the most articulate and thoughtful cricketer since Pelham Warner.
Allan D
Allan D

Number of posts : 6635
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 13 Sep 2011, 01:33

Gary 111 wrote:Most uninspiring player of the year ever?

fair points Gaz...but has world cricket reached a new low?
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 13 Sep 2011, 01:39

Brearley wasn't bad.

(Except when batting, in those rabbit's ears ... like a rabbit.)
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 13 Sep 2011, 16:45

garq me

Emma gets the Spirit of Cricket award ...the ICC has NFI
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26214
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 13 Sep 2011, 16:54

embee wrote:garq me

Emma gets the Spirit of Cricket award ...the ICC has NFI

Aye! Especially after trying to bully umpires all year round.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2011, 17:31

Sounds like it was Dravid and SRT's idea anyway. Ridiculous recipient.

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Tue 13 Sep 2011, 19:25

Well done Bishoo for getting the emerging player award. Pretty easy decision that I would have thought, he's been awesome.
WIFAN
WIFAN

Trott named player of the year, Cook gets test player 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:06

The Indian team's non-appearance at the ICC Awards ceremony in London on Monday night has sparked off a controversy of sorts with the ICC expressing its "disappointment" and the team management saying it was informed too late to change existing plans.

Not a single Indian player or official attended the event and there was no one to collect the Spirit of Cricket Award, which MS Dhoni won for his decision to send back Ian Bell during the second Test of the summer at Trent Bridge.

"We are disappointed," Haroon Lorgat, the ICC chief executive, told ESPNcricinfo. "They have had a great year [before the England series] and it was an occasion to celebrate. It was a missed opportunity."

According to Lorgat, India also missed out on attracting more sympathisers after a disastrous England tour where they have lost both the Test and ODI series. "It was a good opportunity to show their sporting character despite them losing on this tour."

Indian team manager Shivlal Yadav explained that he received a call from the ICC on Monday afternoon. "I had already told the boys that it was an off day. So now how could I have asked them to suddenly change their plans? Hence I told them (ICC) that they should not keep the table free for us," Yadav said.

Interestingly, in 2009 Dhoni failed to collect his ODI Cricketer of the Year Award even though he was in Johannesburg, the venue of the ceremony. Last year's event was in Bangalore, with the Indian team in attendance albeit in denims and T-shirts. Raising more eyebrows, though, was the absence of the BCCI's top brass, including N Srinivasan, then its secretary and currently its president-elect.

The decision to hold this year's awards in London was taken the ICC's executive board on February 16; it is understood that the ICC then sent an email to the BCCI outlining the various details of the awards ceremony, to be held on September 12. On August 24, two days before the nominees' list was formally made public in Canterbury by Clive Lloyd, head of the selection panel for the awards, the ICC sent another e-mail to the Indian board informing that three Indians - MS Dhoni (Spirit of Cricket), Sachin Tendulkar (Cricketer of the Year) and Gautam Gambhir (ODI Cricketer of the Year) - had been nominated in three different categories.

On September 7, the ICC sent a fresh e-mail to Srinivasan's office reminding him about the awards and thereby extending another invitation for the Indians to attend them. It is believed that the Indian team, which was originally scheduled to leave for Cardiff, where it plays its final one-day match on September 16, had in fact postponed its trip by a day, leading to speculation that the players would attend the ceremony.

"We hold the awards' night at a time convenient for the cricketers," Lorgat said. "When we sat earlier in the year to decide on the dates for this year's awards, the choice was between London and Colombo. But we felt that England-India would be a marquee series and therefore [it would be] apt to host it in London."

Unofficial estimates put the ICC's expenditure on the ceremony at close to US$ 1 million.

Qunts? Yeah, qunts.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:11

It's only because their wives are too ugly for them to attend.
spangler
spangler

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:13

Makes a mockery of Dhoni getting the spirit of cricket award.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:14

spangler wrote:It's only because their wives are too ugly for them to attend.

They could've flown Zaheer and Ishant over, along with Sreesanth and RP... I'm sure they'd scrub up nicely in Christian Dior's latest numbers.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:17

Brass Monkey wrote:
spangler wrote:It's only because their wives are too ugly for them to attend.

They could've flown Zaheer and Ishant over, along with Sreesanth and RP... I'm sure they'd scrub up nicely in Christian Dior's latest numbers.

Mishra's got the tits to do justice to a good Versace number.

Not enough non South African cricketers with tits in my book.

spangler
spangler

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:29

Hmmm, recent breasted cricketers.... there aren't many, you're right. Damned fitness training. Gone are the days I used to get a semi-lob from watching Tim Munton running in to bowl.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 14 Sep 2011, 02:26

India? Yep. Qunts.I'm so glad we're thrashing the sh*t out of them at the moment.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 14 Sep 2011, 02:27

They should appoint Craig Thomson to the BCCI
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26214
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next