Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's an ODI series starting today, WI v India

5 posters

Go down

There's an ODI series starting today, WI v India Empty There's an ODI series starting today, WI v India

Post by lardbucket Mon 28 Nov 2011, 20:04

apparently ...

HERE

They're like petunias. They come, they bloom briefly, they wither, they're forgotten.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

There's an ODI series starting today, WI v India Empty Re: There's an ODI series starting today, WI v India

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 28 Nov 2011, 20:05

Look at you all excited about an ODI series. It's like it's the day of the dance.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

There's an ODI series starting today, WI v India Empty Re: There's an ODI series starting today, WI v India

Post by lardbucket Mon 28 Nov 2011, 20:07

I am struggling to fit into a suitcase.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 28 Nov 2011, 20:09

Weird photo in the link ... is Rohit Sharma trying to limbo between the legs of his mate?

Do cricketers pass wind when their dislocated fingers are reduced? I know some who'd try.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 28 Nov 2011, 20:11

lardbucket wrote:I am struggling to fit into a suitcase.

Is it ye, the man with the stranger's face?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 28 Nov 2011, 20:14

Nothing that modern ... a Tommy Cooper reference (I can hardly contain myself)

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 28 Nov 2011, 20:15

Aye, Tommy's ledge... I didn't think you were randomly quoting The Popo, but thought I would.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 28 Nov 2011, 20:18

Those lyrical geniuses? Do the Russians love their children too?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 28 Nov 2011, 20:22

Top instrument players though, and banging middle eights.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 28 Nov 2011, 20:23

toadally

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by kkf Mon 28 Nov 2011, 22:55

lardbucket wrote:apparently ...

HERE

They're like petunias. They come, they bloom briefly, they wither, they're forgotten.

I also want to see how Sunil Narine does (assuming he gets a game). He played in the Champions league so he won't be a complete mystery bowler and they would have tape on him. But he has been bowling well for Trinidad in domestic limited overs cricket but half decent spinners invariably take wickets by the boatload in WI domestic cricket so it is hard to judge.

kkf

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2007-12-27
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 29 Nov 2011, 08:48

A full house at Cuttack for the first jamodi. Well, they haven't had any international cricket for two years. Perhaps the BCCI could take test cricket to some of these out-grounds? Would be interesting to see if the games are similarly packed.

I'd love to see a test match at Dharamsala.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 29 Nov 2011, 14:06

no

we have tests in bombay, calcutta, bangalore, madras, delhi, ahmedabad, mohali, kanpur and nagpur. the last 4 always get the worst crowds even if they host one of the bigger teams and get a weekend

dharamsala may not get international cricket due to the lack of hotels and travelling options. its way too remote. would love to watch a match there though

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 29 Nov 2011, 14:17

Well yes of course no. that's why i'm suggesting it rather than asking if it happens. I know the smaller cities don't get the tests.

Play was stopped for about 10 mins tonight because fans at Cuttack were throwing objects at the Windies players. That's scrapped any chances of them hosting another international game in the next five years, then......idiots.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 29 Nov 2011, 14:19

They got scared by seeing a mixture of Hanumans and teri maa kis.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 29 Nov 2011, 15:26

Henry wrote:Well yes of course no. that's why i'm suggesting it rather than asking if it happens. I know the smaller cities don't get the tests.

Play was stopped for about 10 mins tonight because fans at Cuttack were throwing objects at the Windies players. That's scrapped any chances of them hosting another international game in the next five years, then......idiots.

the last 4 mentioned grounds are in the 'smaller' cities and so far of what we have seen the smaller cities do not get any crowd for tests. sending tests to even smaller centres makes no sense when relatively larger cities like ahmedabad and nagpur don't get more than 5-10,000 people a day

crowd behaviour is a constant problem in india. terrible stuff for the ones not indulging in the throwing. they will suffer because of the idiots

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 29 Nov 2011, 20:39

The One wrote:
Henry wrote:Well yes of course no. that's why i'm suggesting it rather than asking if it happens. I know the smaller cities don't get the tests.

the last 4 mentioned grounds are in the 'smaller' cities and so far of what we have seen the smaller cities do not get any crowd for tests. sending tests to even smaller centres makes no sense when relatively larger cities like ahmedabad and nagpur don't get more than 5-10,000 people a day

crowd behaviour is a constant problem in india. terrible stuff for the ones not indulging in the throwing. they will suffer because of the idiots

were they throwing chants and bananas?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down