Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question all re. West Indies tour options March/April

+7
Zat
taipan
eowyn
Henry
Fred Nerk
Paul Keating
Red
11 posters

Go down

Question all re. West Indies tour options March/April Empty Question all re. West Indies tour options March/April

Post by Red Wed 04 Jan 2012, 08:53

I'm weighing up four different options and must commit soon. The CA one gives access to players, Q and A sessions etc., there are a couple of more privately-oriented ones with different modules test and limited overs options etc. ( a couple of these pose as beer party types) but premium sports tours offers a good tests package as well as an add on before the tour to South America (Lima, Machu Pichu, Cuzco, Sacred Valley, Panama) at what seems a decent price.

Series question - what would tempt you?
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Question all re. West Indies tour options March/April Empty Re: Question all re. West Indies tour options March/April

Post by Paul Keating Wed 04 Jan 2012, 08:55

Do the hiking option.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Question all re. West Indies tour options March/April Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Question all re. West Indies tour options March/April Empty Re: Question all re. West Indies tour options March/April

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 04 Jan 2012, 09:00

Pick the hiking option which starts with the short pier.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8822
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 04 Jan 2012, 09:00

The one with freedom. The one without a hoard of pensioners on it. The one without Merv Hughes on it.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Wed 04 Jan 2012, 19:04

Do you mean "serious question" or "series question"?

Serious question answer - don't go anywhere where you might be faced with a bunch of drunk uncouth Aussies and be associated with them.

Series question answer - why go watch WI v Aus?
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 04 Jan 2012, 19:15

Red wrote:I'm weighing up four different options and must commit soon. The CA one gives access to players, Q and A sessions etc., there are a couple of more privately-oriented ones with different modules test and limited overs options etc. ( a couple of these pose as beer party types) but premium sports tours offers a good tests package as well as an add on before the tour to South America (Lima, Machu Pichu, Cuzco, Sacred Valley, Panama) at what seems a decent price.

Tests, good company and a bit of drinking on thee side. Whatever,you won't get much access to the players.

Now how would FB structure a tour?

Skulls doing trivia quizzes?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 04 Jan 2012, 21:33

eowyn wrote:Do you mean "serious question" or "series question"?

Serious question answer - don't go anywhere where you might be faced with a bunch of drunk uncouth Aussies and be associated with them.

Series question answer - why go watch WI v Aus?

Purely and simply for location, location, location.

Thanks to those who replied; think I'll do the one with the South American add ons.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 04 Jan 2012, 23:56

Seriously? Do what you want to do. Make up your own mind. Or are you incapable of that now that Spanky's not around to tell you what to think?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 05 Jan 2012, 00:41

I think the way Red phrased the question indicates the way s/he was going. So presumably just looking for thoughts, rather than direction. Which seems fair enough.

Possibly also a bit of tacit boasting Very Happy
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 05 Jan 2012, 00:52

If it was the first time he/she/it had mentioned the trip, then it could perhaps be forgiven, but it isn't the first time.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Thu 05 Jan 2012, 01:44

Zat wrote:If it was the first time he/she/it had mentioned the trip, then it could perhaps be forgiven, but it isn't the first time.

I seriously wanted advice having had four tour options in front of me. The South American option wasn't one I expected to come up so I was wondering what people though about, that's all. Apologies if it sounded boastful.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Thu 05 Jan 2012, 02:02

Come on Zat

it is no more boastful than you or me saying we are forumming from an Ipad.

Let this one go.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Question all re. West Indies tour options March/April Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 05 Jan 2012, 02:08

I am actually a bit jealous of Red. I'd love to go on a cricket tour to the Caribbean. I don't think i'd go as part of a tour group, though. Well, unless you consider the Barmy Army to be a tour group.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 06 Jan 2012, 09:36

It'd be the South American add-ons for me.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38127
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 06 Jan 2012, 13:32

Don't go an any tour group and tailor make your own trip.

Its not like you aren't going to get tickets to the tests on the day.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fri 06 Jan 2012, 13:44

JGK wrote:Don't go an any tour group and tailor make your own trip.

I went and booked the one with the South American option yesterday and am coordinating it with an Eastern European trip to follow.

I've heard it's a bit of a dodgy part of the world so thought it safer to go on an organised trip.

Of course males might be less worried about this. Agree about the tickets though, it's not as if there won't be masses of them available.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 06 Jan 2012, 14:26

Red wrote:
JGK wrote:Don't go an any tour group and tailor make your own trip.

I went and booked the one with the South American option yesterday and am coordinating it with an Eastern European trip to follow.

I've heard it's a bit of a dodgy part of the world so thought it safer to go on an organised trip.

Of course males might be less worried about this. Agree about the tickets though, it's not as if there won't be masses of them available.

And it's easier to get a jump on an organised tour.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 04 Feb 2012, 10:01

The Guyana Test has been moved to Dominica.

Same dates.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat 04 Feb 2012, 13:18

Yes I received a letter about it, something about in-fighting in the Windies board but I'm only doing the first two tests. Stacky is on my tour!!
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 04 Feb 2012, 14:31

Zat wrote:The Guyana Test has been moved to Dominica.

Same dates.

What happened, was Jackers leading a tour party?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie Jill Sun 05 Feb 2012, 14:44

Barbados, Red? Enjoy!!! Cool
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

Question all re. West Indies tour options March/April 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down