Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cowan: NSW cricket culture "toxic".

+10
Brass Monkey
Fred Nerk
WideWally
horace
Basil
lardbucket
Nath
Big Dog
Mick Sawyer
Red
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cowan: NSW cricket culture "toxic". Empty Cowan: NSW cricket culture "toxic".

Post by Red Mon 20 Feb 2012, 09:56

Just heard him interviewed by Fine and Smoky on the cricket show and he said he moved to Tassie to have a chance of playing for his country but has fallen in love with the Tassie cricket environment. He said that in NSW it was always self before team and that used to grate on him. The NSW players were basically competing with each other for higher honours and he said obviously a committed team with great ethos will always beat a team with more talent where egos get in the way of a cooperative culture.

Timely comments given the recent underperformance of the NSW team in Shield games.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Cowan: NSW cricket culture "toxic". Empty Re: Cowan: NSW cricket culture "toxic".

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:36

Red wrote:Just heard him interviewed by Fine and Smoky on the cricket show and he said he moved to Tassie to have a chance of playing for his country but has fallen in love with the Tassie cricket environment. He said that in NSW it was always self before team and that used to grate on him. The NSW players were basically competing with each other for higher honours and he said obviously a committed team with great ethos will always beat a team with more talent where egos get in the way of a cooperative culture.

Timely comments given the recent underperformance of the NSW team in Shield games.

... and the propensity of spivs to ball watch when running between wickets ......
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Cowan: NSW cricket culture "toxic". Empty Re: Cowan: NSW cricket culture "toxic".

Post by Big Dog Tue 21 Feb 2012, 06:03

Cowen is not the only 'imported' player to comment on the positive structure of Cric Tas. Cossie, also attributes his resurgence to culture of the Tas team.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Tue 21 Feb 2012, 08:42

Big Dog wrote:Cowen is not the only 'imported' player to comment on the positive structure of Cric Tas. Cossie, also attributes his resurgence to culture of the Tas team.

is that what he calls it now? fatman
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11979
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 21 Feb 2012, 20:17

Red wrote:Just heard him interviewed by Fine and Smoky on the cricket show and he said he moved to Tassie to have a chance of playing for his country but has fallen in love with the Tassie cricket environment. He said that in NSW it was always self before team and that used to grate on him. The NSW players were basically competing with each other for higher honours and he said obviously a committed team with great ethos will always beat a team with more talent where egos get in the way of a cooperative culture.

Why post this? Bleeding obvious for years to anyone who's been watching the game.

Colin Miller, Ed Cowan, Damien Wright, Michael Dighton, Adam Griffith, even Cosgrove and that translocated q'billy opener whose name escapes me ... the list goes on.

Tas cricket culture not only nurtures its own (Hilfenhaus, Butterworth, Doolan, Bailey, Paine, Wade, Triffitt) but gives new life to those rejected in/by other states, allowing Tassie to punch well above its weight. Tim Coyle is a great coach and man manager.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38121
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 21 Feb 2012, 23:54

I think Phil Hughes will find the Pears a breath of fresh air...............that's no guarantee that he will be able to find his off stump though!
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 22 Feb 2012, 00:07

Bas, I hope the mighty Pears are not infected by spiv blight
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 22 Feb 2012, 00:12

horace wrote:Bas, I hope the mighty Pears are not infected by spiv blight

No chance - there's a really strong team ethic: I think Phil will enjoy himself.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 22 Feb 2012, 01:01

Big Dog wrote:Cowen is not the only 'imported' player to comment on the positive structure of Cric Tas. Cossie, also attributes his resurgence to culture of the Tas team.

BD, did you ever cross over with Paul Hutchison while you were at the TCA?
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by WideWally Wed 22 Feb 2012, 04:48

lardbucket wrote:

Colin Miller, Ed Cowan, Damien Wright, Michael Dighton, Adam Griffith, even Cosgrove and that translocated q'billy opener whose name escapes me ... the list goes on.

Kruger?
Or Jelich?
Or Harris?
WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9702
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 22 Feb 2012, 05:05

Mick Sawyer wrote:

I've never crossed over anyone that i recall.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 22 Feb 2012, 05:28

Big Dog wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:

hmm, not even your sister? Thought that was a Tasmanian birthright thing.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 22 Feb 2012, 05:39

Mick Sawyer wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:

hmm, not even your sister? Thought that was a Tasmanian birthright thing.

A Tasmanian joke............and so original. Rolling Eyes
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 22 Feb 2012, 06:22

BD[A Tasmanian joke............and so original. [ BD

shouldn'y that be the Tasmanian joke?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 22 Feb 2012, 06:43

Naaa....if there is a 'THE Tasmanian joke' it has to be the two heads thing.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8820
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 22 Feb 2012, 06:45

Anyway......i still don't understand Mick's original post. scratch
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 22 Feb 2012, 06:47

I don't even know who the hell Paul Hutchison was? Hutch from 'Starsky and...'?

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8820
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 22 Feb 2012, 06:50

Fred Nerk wrote:I don't even know who the hell Paul Hutchison was? Hutch from 'Starsky and...'?

Aye......the only Paul Hutchison i ever heard of was a very average English County player.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 22 Feb 2012, 06:59

Big Dog wrote:Anyway......i still don't understand Mick's original post. scratch

You made comment about players from other states enjoying their time in Tasmania. Paul Hutchison came to Tasmania in the mid 90's from elsewhere. He only played a few games. I know him & wondered if you had met him during your time in and around the TCA.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 22 Feb 2012, 07:01

Mick Sawyer wrote:
Big Dog wrote:Anyway......i still don't understand Mick's original post. scratch

You made comment about players from other states enjoying their time in Tasmania. Paul Hutchison came to Tasmania in the mid 90's from elsewhere. He only played a few games. I know him & wondered if you had met him during your time in and around the TCA.

Ah...ok.
No, sorry, doesnt ring a bell at all.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 22 Feb 2012, 08:48

Big Dog wrote:

Whereas your Pom jokes are as fresh as a daisy
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 22 Feb 2012, 11:49

WideWally wrote:
lardbucket wrote:

Kruger?
Or Jelich?
Or Harris?

Freddie was the one I was trying to think of. Jelich, Harris, Goodman, Mark Ray ... the list goes on.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38121

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 23 Feb 2012, 01:46

Brass Monkey wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

Whereas your Pom jokes are as fresh as a daisy

Pomgolia is no laughing matter....unless they are being pantsed in a whitewash by the Stannies, Oz or Windies
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 23 Feb 2012, 02:26

Big Dog wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:I don't even know who the hell Paul Hutchison was? Hutch from 'Starsky and...'?

Aye......the only Paul Hutchison i ever heard of was a very average English County player.

Paul Hutchison? The left armer from Yorkshire? He was a real talent, from what I can remember. Career cut short by injury, like Somerset's Matt Bullbeck.

Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by WideWally Thu 23 Feb 2012, 06:36

Paul Hutchison
WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9702
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next