Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wisden's Five Cricketers of the Year

3 posters

Go down

Wisden's Five Cricketers of the Year Empty Wisden's Five Cricketers of the Year

Post by Allan D Fri 13 Apr 2012, 00:01

I am surprised nobody has yet posted a thread on this annual singular (or should it be plural?) honour. Despite a new editor the traditional pattern has been adhered to of 2 England cricketers and members of the victorious Ashes squad (which this edition of the cricketers' bible still covers I think) in Cook and Bresnan, only one tourist from a rather poor summer in Sangakkara, as much, one suspects, for his magisterial and brave Cowdrey lecture as for his exploits on the field and 2 representatives from the County Championship. The captain of the Champion County (its first outright victory for 77 years) might have been expected but a more recent tradition appears to have developed of at least one off-the-wall selection and I think Richardson falls into that category, not for his contribution to his county winning a trophy but to it avoiding the humiliation of relegation. Nonetheless I suspect Basil and other Pears fans on this forum will say that the award is richly-deserved and long overdue.
Allan D
Allan D

Number of posts : 6635
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Wisden's Five Cricketers of the Year Empty Re: Wisden's Five Cricketers of the Year

Post by horace Fri 13 Apr 2012, 00:30

finally the pears get something to celebrate
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Wisden's Five Cricketers of the Year Empty Re: Wisden's Five Cricketers of the Year

Post by Basil Fri 13 Apr 2012, 07:02

horace wrote:finally the pears get something to celebrate

Nah, that was last year when we stayed up at Yorkshire's expense Wink
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri 13 Apr 2012, 07:10

Anyway - a thoroughly deserved accolade for Richo. He was an absolute diamond for us last season.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down