Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (V)

+14
Hass
Red
lardbucket
Henry
Big Dog
G.Wood
Paul Keating
Bradman
embee
horace
bodyline
JGK
skully
Mick Sawyer
18 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (V) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (V)

Post by bodyline Wed 30 May 2012, 07:13

horace wrote:yep...go back to the good ole days...not one state 2ndry school built for 20 years...drop the additional year of school chippy kids now get (bringing them into line with the rest of the country)...why would chippy kids want to stay at school longer than necessary...they're so smart anyway...

a corrupt and violent police force that beat the **** out of anyone that looked at them sideways or was black..

oh yes lets go back to the worst health system in Oz....in fact that is easy - it never improved under the likes of the borbster, beattie or bligh and remains rock bottom...the borgermeister and the next crop of thicko nurses and dumb doctors who think they are managers will be employed to keep the joint as the laughing stock that it has been since the 50s

Typical emotional twaddle - the Beattie/Bligh governments set this state back 20 years. Now the chickens have come home to roost.

The public servants can go help Gina build Alpha Coal

bodyline

Aus Federal Politics thread (V) - Page 3 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2335
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (V) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (V)

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 30 May 2012, 07:45

bodyline wrote:

That is my experience time after time - the place is buldging with incompetence - at it is the same at commonwealth level.

I was talking to a private sector computerhead a couple of weeks back. I asked htf Qld Health could be spending $52m a week trying to fix the payroll system. He told me that he could fix it for $40m to $50m but that would mean the brainless doctor twats that horrie referred to accepting a more packaged system, like the rest of the western world.
People would need to adjust to the system. You know, doing things like time cards at end of every shift. The current sytem is endeavouring to account for exceptions rather than what actually occurred. He told me that Health do rosters up to 12 months in advance and there are 22,000 different rates and allowances that have to be accommodated. Every time the person rostered to do something doesn't actually perform the hours at the rates originally rostered the system has to adjust for this exception.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 30 May 2012, 08:15

Mick Sawyer wrote:
Bradman wrote:

White collar crime?

A mate is the COO for one of our big fat mining people. We were having a beer last Saturday & he went close to having a stroke. The subject of our conversation; spiv investment bankers.

Phurt. I'd like to see said fat mining person raise billions of dollars without the help of spiv investment bankers.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 30 May 2012, 08:40

Mick Sawyer wrote:
A mate is the COO for one of our big fat mining people. We were having a beer last Saturday & he went close to having a stroke. The subject of our conversation; spiv investment bankers.

Apt

I bet spiv investment bankers have strokes when they think of big fat mining people
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 30 May 2012, 10:20

JGK wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
Bradman wrote:

White collar crime?

Phurt. I'd like to see said fat mining person raise billions of dollars without the help of spiv investment bankers.

He knows that. It's the bloodlust for quick asset turns & a lack of understanding that walking on faces gets remembered.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 30 May 2012, 10:22

G.Wood wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:

Apt

I bet spiv investment bankers have strokes when they think of big fat mining people

No mate, they picture Aston Martins & cocaine.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 30 May 2012, 10:23

Mick Sawyer wrote:
JGK wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
Bradman wrote:

White collar crime?

He knows that. It's the bloodlust for quick asset turns & a lack of understanding that walking on faces gets remembered.

Well, I'll admit that not all my investment banking bretheren are as pinko as I am.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 30 May 2012, 10:25

JGK wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
JGK wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
Bradman wrote:

White collar crime?

Well, I'll admit that not all my investment banking bretheren are as pinko as I am.

It's the post Tracey experience that was your salvation Smile
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 30 May 2012, 10:30

That must be it.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 30 May 2012, 10:33

JGK wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
JGK wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
Bradman wrote:

White collar crime?

Jebus H. Crikey, that's a relief. Shocked
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 30 May 2012, 10:34

Although as I said the other day, 2 of the CEOs of Australia's 5 biggest banks were at the Keating talk I went to.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 30 May 2012, 10:38

Mate, I would happily go and listen to Keating speak (if I was given a ticket by a Pinko mate Very Happy ). I have never said he wasn't a great politician, and he was certainly a great entertainer.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 30 May 2012, 10:40

Speaking of which, did you catch any of Abbott's speech to the mining industry today on Foxy? Other than his standard stuttery delivery, IMHO, his message was highly logical, very well crafted and quite powerful.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 30 May 2012, 10:42

skully wrote:Speaking of which, did you catch any of Abbott's speech to the mining industry today on Foxy? Other than his standard stuttery delivery, IMHO, his message was highly logical, very well crafted and quite powerful.

Didn't catch it. Will look out for it on Lateline.

What was the thrust?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 30 May 2012, 10:43

Basically that the Mining Industry accounts for 54% of all Aus export income and shouldn't (nay mustn't) be shit on and stifled.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 31 May 2012, 00:13

finally some kudos (said with much bitterness) to the ranga PM for reminding the mining industry fat cats ...that they do not have sovereign right to the mineral resources....

horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 31 May 2012, 00:23

bodyline wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
horace wrote:mainly of the far right kind...speaking of which are any of you chippies checking the comments section on Courier Mail Can Do Campbell stories....

there are hundreds of mad as hell chippies wanting to see blood and celebrating when another head gets lopped...the subject of much of the current hate mail is greg withers (Anna B's hubby)- who I know as a hard working decent bloke...CanDo has lit the fuse and the banjos are strummin Salem songs...the only thing on the barbies up there are witches...

if the ranga had any decency she would send the troops in to the Syria of Australian politics...nationalise the mines and sentence all chips to live in Ippy

I haven't read it horrie, but every second person you talk to has a "you're not gonna feckin believe this" story about the Qld Public Service. That doesn't mean that Greg Withers isn't what you say, however the place is awash with completely useless qunts.

That is my experience time after time - the place is buldging with incompetence - at it is the same at commonwealth level.

the major problem - lets face it- with the banjo public service was and is that it is filled with banjo strummers...my limited experience with the QPS was that you had to be a qbilly to be employed, listened to...the dumb asses hold to the belief that the Billies do it best....do what best? was my invariable response
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 31 May 2012, 00:27

the thicko chippy ALP was as stoopid as the country party bumpkins and Santo Santoro and his cronies...there is some sort of hideous blot on the chippie escutcheon ...impossible to remove that endemic boganista baby world view

btw bodyline...why not deal with some of the grim facts about the boganista state.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 31 May 2012, 06:29

ACA cuts pr-stitute loose, cash free.

Channel Nine has sensationally backed away from airing its controversial A Current Affair interview of a former pr-stitute who claimed to have had s-x with Craig Thomson seven years ago. They have also decided not to pay her one penny for the information she "exclusively" gave them. Citing a willingness to assist the Victoria Police Fraud and Extortion Squad with its investigation into the Thomson allegations of misuse of union funds, they have handed "evidentiary material in our possession" to them.

In a statement last night, executive producer Grant Williams said: "Our investigation is now complete. We now await the outcome of the police investigation before pursuing the story any further."

from Crikey.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 31 May 2012, 08:15

Heard this on the wireless on the way home

"Tanya Plibersek refuses to apologise for offensive posters of Tony Abbott in her electorate office.

HEALTH Minister Tanya Plibersek has refused to apologise for posters in her Sydney electorate office which label the opposition leader as racist, homophobic and sexist.

The posters, which were photographed inside the Sydney electorate office of Labor MP Tanya Plibersek, caught the attention of a 2GB listener who forwarded the photos onto talkback radio host Ben Fordham."

--------------------------------------

Pretty funny posters but most careless of Plebiscite given she was the Pinko mouthpiece on the box last night regarding alleged offensive behaviour in Parliament by the Opposition.

Rather embarrassingly, Plebiscite's Sydney Electorate Office denied existence of the posters, only for Ben Fordham to receive a text from the bint's Canberra office saying "The posters are satire, but will be taken down immediately." Hmm, left hand meet right hand.

Another clumsy stumble by the stoopid Pinkos trying to claim the moral high ground. What a pack of roobs.

skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 31 May 2012, 23:28

What a little Ledg

"FORMER prime minister John Howard has joined an exclusive group of 24 living people to be honoured by the Queen with the Order of Merit.

Mr Howard was presented with the medal by Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace overnight, with his wife Janette observing the ceremony."

---------------------------------------------------

Grouse honour for the grousest PM ever. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 01 Jun 2012, 00:30

The grousest thing is that he will never be "Sir" John Howard and that would undoubtedly shit him no end.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 01 Jun 2012, 01:09

spot on jgk

heard the MM this morning bleating loud and long about the aforementioned poster and dirty politics...

what a sanctimonious fraud
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 01 Jun 2012, 01:17

Meanhwile, the Australian Government can currently borrow money for 10 years at 2.9% per annum. The real question is why they aren't borrowing more!

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 01 Jun 2012, 02:00

Cos they can only be $300 Billion in debt? Shocked
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next