Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICC trying to tell India to pull its head in

+11
Henry
lardbucket
JKLever
JGK
Batman
G.Wood
Brass Monkey
furriner
taipan
Big Dog
skully
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ICC trying to tell India to pull its head in - Page 2 Empty Re: ICC trying to tell India to pull its head in

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 28 Jun 2012, 16:25

Batman wrote:I have lost track of what BCCI's gripe on the DRS issue was but can someone tell me what they have got personally against it that they are so convinced it's bad for cricket?

Because it's not 100% accurate, it's worse than just using the umpires - who aren't 100% accurate. It makes sense if one is a QUNTING BCCI QUNT!
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

ICC trying to tell India to pull its head in - Page 2 Empty Re: ICC trying to tell India to pull its head in

Post by JKLever Thu 28 Jun 2012, 17:32

Batman wrote: Please don't blame India for this. Indians are reasonable people. This is the work of purely BCCI and it's stupid overpaid, overhyped players, who have taken upon themselves the monopoly to dictate Indian cricket.:

When people say India in regard to the DRS and control of cricket, they don't mean Indians or India the nation. But it does seem that indians on twitter take any knocking of the BCCI as against them personally.

JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2012, 18:20

Brass Monkey wrote:
Batman wrote:I have lost track of what BCCI's gripe on the DRS issue was but can someone tell me what they have got personally against it that they are so convinced it's bad for cricket?

Because it's not 100% accurate, it's worse than just using the umpires - who aren't 100% accurate. It makes sense if one is a QUNTING BCCI QUNT!

I've seen many (ignorant) comments about how Hawkeye doesn't take into account pitch condition/type, ball age and make, offspinner/doosra and much other crap.

But it doesn't need to. The laws of physics don't care about what object is moving, or what it bounces off, or how old it is, simply that it is an object and it is moving. We would have severe problems if the physical equations of motion were not in fact correct, all the satellites would fall to Earth and we'd all get caught speeding while walking along the pavement.

The BCCI just doesn't want it for some reason, but has come up with various fabricated reasons that gullible ignoramuses swallow.

Also, we would all still be knapping flint if the attitude towards progress and improvement was of the nature :"Ah, it didn't work as planned. We should give up and definitely not pursue this any further." Unless we use this technology it won't get any better...

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Thu 28 Jun 2012, 19:15

The other 9 countries should get together and just say they will refuse to play India if they will not agree to use it.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 28 Jun 2012, 19:47

Clamson wrote:
I've seen many (ignorant) comments about how Hawkeye doesn't take into account pitch condition/type, ball age and make, offspinner/doosra and much other crap.

But it doesn't need to. The laws of physics don't care about what object is moving, or what it bounces off, or how old it is, simply that it is an object and it is moving. We would have severe problems if the physical equations of motion were not in fact correct, all the satellites would fall to Earth and we'd all get caught speeding while walking along the pavement.

The BCCI just doesn't want it for some reason, but has come up with various fabricated reasons that gullible ignoramuses swallow.

Also, we would all still be knapping flint if the attitude towards progress and improvement was of the nature :"Ah, it didn't work as planned. We should give up and definitely not pursue this any further." Unless we use this technology it won't get any better...

Aye, top post. What I think it's about is the fact that they've poo-pooed it, everyone else has basically said 'you're talking out of your arse' and that's made them dig their heels in further. I'm honest in saying it's one of the most pathetic stances I've seen taken in sport. It makes absolutely no sense.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 28 Jun 2012, 19:49

beamer wrote:The other 9 countries should get together and just say they will refuse to play India if they will not agree to use it.

Aye that's the thing... yes the 9 teams most likely need India's money - but India needs those teams to make the money. If there were even an iota of bravery amongst them, they'd down tools versus India. Unfortunately most of the teams are so destitute they cannot afford to risk losing the money for good.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Thu 28 Jun 2012, 20:49

I guess India might just say ****** international cricket and expand the IPL to several months long, or set up a rival World Series type circuit.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 28 Jun 2012, 20:52

There's no glamour without the top boys!
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Fri 29 Jun 2012, 03:58

But Shilpa Shetty's shaking hips will still be around.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Fri 29 Jun 2012, 07:42

I know I'm stating the obvious, but the ICC is worse than useless.

Somehow, we need to ram through a reform which takes power away from these clueless cowards.

Could anyone imagine greats who've actually played the game running cricket this way? Sure you might have some clowns eg. Sunil Gavaskar, but pick 10 of them and on average the odds are going to be pretty good.

No one should be allowed on the board unless they've played 50 Tests or more. Sure, there might be wonderful potential board members excluded by this rule, but tough titties - it's about safeguarding the ICC (and hence the game) from ginormous thunderqunts of the worst kind who do the bidding of their corrupt paymasters.

It will never get up, but a fella can dream can't he?

Hass

ICC trying to tell India to pull its head in - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 29 Jun 2012, 07:45

JKLever wrote:
Batman wrote: Please don't blame India for this. Indians are reasonable people. This is the work of purely BCCI and it's stupid overpaid, overhyped players, who have taken upon themselves the monopoly to dictate Indian cricket.:

When people say India in regard to the DRS and control of cricket, they don't mean Indians or India the nation. But it does seem that indians on twitter take any knocking of the BCCI as against them personally.

Look how long it took us to educate Vikas.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPrez Fri 29 Jun 2012, 20:08

The ideal solution would be, as you guys say, to simply refuse to play India. It would be bold, but good things come from boldness.
MrPrez
MrPrez

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 29 Jun 2012, 20:10

Blimey MrPrez, how do? Long times...
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPrez Fri 29 Jun 2012, 20:16

Brass Monkey wrote:Blimey MrPrez, how do? Long times...
Yep, it has been quite a while!

I'm a part of so many cricket forums that I struggle to keep up with all of them Razz Am trying to get back into various ones and I thought I'd pop by. Will try to visit more regularly Razz
MrPrez
MrPrez

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 29 Jun 2012, 20:46

Do it! OK, this place is full of qunts, but at least you know it's as quntish as it can get. Seriously though, only 85 posts before you came back just now but you must be doing something right because I seem to remember you well.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPrez Sat 30 Jun 2012, 07:02

Every cricket forum has qunts tbf Razz

The forum seems to be active though, people's post counts are at insane levels compared to when I left.
MrPrez
MrPrez

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 30 Jun 2012, 07:09

This place only has qunts.

And some people are doom and gloom about the low post count..
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 30 Jun 2012, 07:13

MrPrez wrote:Every cricket forum has qunts tbf Razz

The forum seems to be active though, people's post counts are at insane levels compared to when I left.

It's basically just me, taipan and skully battling it out to see who can be the biggest twat. It's just about a stalemate ATM.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 30 Jun 2012, 07:16

Brass Monkey wrote:
MrPrez wrote:Every cricket forum has qunts tbf Razz

It's basically just me, taipan and skully battling it out to see who can be the biggest twat. It's just about a stalemate ATM.

Screw you and your badger pack.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPrez Sat 30 Jun 2012, 07:19

taipan wrote:This place only has qunts.

And some people are doom and gloom about the low post count..
Are we still talking about the forum or have we moved back on topic and are talking about the BCCI?
MrPrez
MrPrez

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 30 Jun 2012, 07:31

taipan wrote:

They're almost a force majeure... I can no longer control them.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 30 Jun 2012, 07:35

Brass Monkey wrote:
taipan wrote:

They're almost a force majeure... I can no longer control them.

I take it that is French.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 30 Jun 2012, 07:53

Frenglish - we've adopted some French phrases over the years - liken it to youse and Afrikaans only less catarrhy.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 30 Jun 2012, 08:09

I'm just waiting in anticipation for the IPL bubble to burst. Crowds and TV ratings have been falling year after year since it began...pretty soon sponsors wont be able to justify forking out the huge sums of money the BCCI is no doubt asking for. And when the IPL dust settles, the BCCI will have to wake up and realise that the Indian national team is a shambles, and be forced to restructure from the ground up. And that would hopefully include showing a bit more humility and respect to the game. Until then, cricket is f*cked.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2