Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Australia, 4th ODI, Chester-Le-Street, 7 July, 2012

+15
embee
LeFromage
Allan D
tricycle
taipan
beamer
G.Wood
Red
JKLever
Nath
Basil
Henry
Brass Monkey
Big Dog
skully
19 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

England v Australia, 4th ODI, Chester-Le-Street, 7 July, 2012 Empty England v Australia, 4th ODI, Chester-Le-Street, 7 July, 2012

Post by skully Wed 04 Jul 2012, 22:24

duck
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105949
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

England v Australia, 4th ODI, Chester-Le-Street, 7 July, 2012 Empty Re: England v Australia, 4th ODI, Chester-Le-Street, 7 July, 2012

Post by Big Dog Wed 04 Jul 2012, 22:29

The runups seem to be a little damp.

England v Australia, 4th ODI, Chester-Le-Street, 7 July, 2012 Wccc_flood_01_420x284

Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

England v Australia, 4th ODI, Chester-Le-Street, 7 July, 2012 Empty Re: England v Australia, 4th ODI, Chester-Le-Street, 7 July, 2012

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 04 Jul 2012, 22:30

Forecast is shit. As Onions said earlier, he's never seen the sun up in Durham. It all points to a scorcher, with really exciting attacking cricket from both sides.

Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 05 Jul 2012, 00:07

One more washout to guarantee England the series.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Thu 05 Jul 2012, 00:30

Typical bloody Aussie whinging about our weather - it's saving them from ritual disembowlment
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:14

Brass Monkey wrote:Forecast is shit. As Onions said earlier, he's never seen the sun up in Durham.

so why schedule games there?
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11969
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:26

He might not have been entirely serious about the sun.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 05 Jul 2012, 10:27

Seems like Swann is being rested for the final 2 games and we're going to play James Tredwell. This is no time to start feeling sorry for Aus ffs....
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:03

What the f*ck??!! Aus can still draw the series! And Swanny was going to play at Edgbaston but it was rained off, so he received a rest anyway! F*cking twats.......
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:14

I don't mind players resting from the odd dead rubber, but the series is still alive in that Australia can still draw it. England are getting too cocky and inflexible with their rotations. As it turned out, ALL the England players received a rest at Edgbaston, so they should now adjust their plans and assume that Saturday is the 3rd ODI, not the 4th. What are the chances next year, after Australia have regained the Ashes, of Michael Clarke standing on the podium and saying "The two ODIs last year where we came back from the dead to draw that series was the turning point for us. It gave us some belief."

England wont admit it, but their hammering of Aus in the 2004 Champions Trophy semi final was the start of the turnaround for them. It gave them the belief that Aus weren't invincible. I think Michael Vaughan and Duncan Fletcher said as much in their books.

Keep the boot on the throat. Keep the momentum. Don't relinquish the dominance. Don't let them believe.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:16

Nath wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:Forecast is shit. As Onions said earlier, he's never seen the sun up in Durham.

so why schedule games there?

You can't provide for English weather being horseshit - you can have a very good guess but sometimes it surprises.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:21

Henry wrote:I don't mind players resting from the odd dead rubber, but the series is still alive in that Australia can still draw it. England are getting too cocky and inflexible with their rotations. As it turned out, ALL the England players received a rest at Edgbaston, so they should now adjust their plans and assume that Saturday is the 3rd ODI, not the 4th. What are the chances next year, after Australia have regained the Ashes, of Michael Clarke standing on the podium and saying "The two ODIs last year where we came back from the dead to draw that series was the turning point for us. It gave us some belief."

England wont admit it, but their hammering of Aus in the 2004 Champions Trophy semi final was the start of the turnaround for them. It gave them the belief that Aus weren't invincible. I think Michael Vaughan and Duncan Fletcher said as much in their books.

Keep the boot on the throat. Keep the momentum. Don't relinquish the dominance. Don't let them believe.

I think you're sweet. Getting all enthused and indignant at the thought of restings happening in a 5 match friendly series. An inconsequential, gob-slappingly yawn-up of a 5 match pointless series of JAMODIs. I, too, cannot believe that they would think of resting a bloke who has had an immensely solid schedule for well over a year. It's astonishing to think that they'd care about a 3 match Test series against the best side in the world when there's a couple of nothing ODIs to win. They are a funny bunch.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:28

Brass Monkey wrote:
Henry wrote:I don't mind players resting from the odd dead rubber, but the series is still alive in that Australia can still draw it. England are getting too cocky and inflexible with their rotations. As it turned out, ALL the England players received a rest at Edgbaston, so they should now adjust their plans and assume that Saturday is the 3rd ODI, not the 4th. What are the chances next year, after Australia have regained the Ashes, of Michael Clarke standing on the podium and saying "The two ODIs last year where we came back from the dead to draw that series was the turning point for us. It gave us some belief."

I think you're sweet. Getting all enthused and indignant at the thought of restings happening in a 5 match friendly series. An inconsequential, gob-slappingly yawn-up of a 5 match pointless series of JAMODIs. I, too, cannot believe that they would think of resting a bloke who has had an immensely solid schedule for well over a year. It's astonishing to think that they'd care about a 3 match Test series against the best side in the world when there's a couple of nothing ODIs to win. They are a funny bunch.

Swann has hardly been bowled into the ground so far this season. The weather has seen to that. Effectively, England basically lost a test match and now an ODI from their schedule. Like I said, if he was scheduled to play the Edgbaston ODI, considering it was rained off, why not scrap the plan to rest him at Durham and play him instead?

And you know how these Aussie are- Always looking for an opening, a sniff, a reason to believe they can come back. Why not keep them on the mat? Why give them a chance to back-slap, have gum chew-offs, and wicket celebration wanking circles? And their media will pick up the ball and run with it as well. Sure, every sane person knows this is just a stupidly scheduled money-spinner of a series, but the Aussies will convince themselves it's the start of their campaign to get the Ashes back off us.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:31

Brass Monkey wrote:

Are you playing against yourselves?

Maybe it should be all about the Ashes because I've noticed with our journos and our team the only thing you'd think is on our radar is the Ashes..
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:34

So resting Swann from the 3rd ODI will be the catalyst for us losing next years ashes.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:36

Red wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:

Maybe it should be all about the Ashes because I've noticed with our journos and our team the only thing you'd think is on our radar is the Ashes..

That's what happens when you haven't won them for a while.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:40

Henry wrote:And you know how these Aussie are- Always looking for an opening, a sniff, a reason to believe they can come back. Why not keep them on the mat? Why give them a chance to back-slap, have gum chew-offs, and wicket celebration wanking circles? And their media will pick up the ball and run with it as well. Sure, every sane person knows this is just a stupidly scheduled money-spinner of a series, but the Aussies will convince themselves it's the start of their campaign to get the Ashes back off us.

Ohhhh gosh. Gosh. I expect this sort of bilge from a couple of whimsical journalists - not a real human being. I think your hysteria is hysterical. I mean, 'landing the first blow'? Everybody talked up that CT victory. Still, they'd dominated proceedings for the previous 17 years. Of course, we must think ahead to next year's Ashes because a) we're not playing anyone of note between now and then and b) we really need to land the first blow because i) all of their ODI players will be playing the Tests and ii) they've won the last two Ashes series whilst England have been in disarray.

Last edited by Brass Monkey on Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:43; edited 1 time in total
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:42

Red wrote:

Playing SA.

It's not all about the Ashes because of the above team, plus IndiainIndia. But, that's us. I don't know your schedule, but it's most likely playing a bunch of shit in your newfound fave format - T20.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 19:35

Henry wrote:Keep the boot on the throat. Keep the momentum. Don't relinquish the dominance. Don't let them believe.

This is not ruthless enough.

Stamp repeatedly on the throat, grind it into the wicket until it is a barely noticeable pinkish stain, then dig up the pitch and incinerate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 05 Jul 2012, 23:07

Odds on us playing both Woakes and Tredwell together and STILLLLL batting Bresnan at 7?

Please weather gods, save us...
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 06 Jul 2012, 00:29

JKLever wrote:Please weather gods, save us...

BBC headline..... ' UK Braced for severe floods '
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 06 Jul 2012, 07:33

I've now heard that Durham may miss the worst of it - the Midlands are going to take the hit. I can't keep up with the weather anymore - it's like some soap that I don't give a shit about. Like Eastenders or something.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 06 Jul 2012, 07:49

Dear God, what a shit country Blighty is!!! Give us some cricket, you qunts. Shocked
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 06 Jul 2012, 07:51

skully wrote:Dear God, what a shit country Blighty is!!! Give us some cricket, you qunts. Shocked

Imagine how cold it will be next year for the ashes after the carbon tax has had 12 months to work its magic
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 06 Jul 2012, 07:52

Sage. It'll be winter all year round in Blighty. Oh wait...
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next