Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

skully's blog

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

skully's blog - Page 2 Empty skully's blog

So how do these things work? I just tell the world what's going on? Look at me, look at me??

Got up, went to work, logged onto Flaming Bails, did some work, posted some shit on Flaming Bails, went home, did the same stuff at home.

Am I expected to make an entry every day?

I had a good shit this morning but didn't pop any pimples. Is this the sort of gear one blogs about?

What, what, WHAT????
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105931
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

skully's blog :: Comments

skully

Post Fri 21 Apr 2023, 05:30 by skully

Missed my first ever flight on the way home from Blighty. Unbelievably had a 2nd flat on my way from Colchester to Heathrow. The bullshit 3.5 hour tyre service turnaround (no spare) made me miss my Heathrow to LA flight. Fitch the Virgin Atlantic staff were great and got me onto a later flight but with minimal time between landing and departure to Sydney. Sweet talked some staff to let me jump a monster immigration queue so made departure gate with about an hour to spare. A few red wines will be had on my last leg home.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 27 Apr 2023, 18:30 by lardbucket

Did your luggage make it home as well? Bonus if so.

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Thu 27 Apr 2023, 22:35 by skully

Yeah, all good. The only time I got a bit fitgetty was when I saw the length of the LA immigration queue.

In the end my waiting time at LA was slashed as a result of my tyre misfortune.

My sleep patterns are still all over the place now that I'm home (and Covid free).

Back to top Go down

PeterCS

Post Mon 19 Jun 2023, 17:01 by PeterCS

Have you shaken it off yet?

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Tue 20 Jun 2023, 10:42 by skully

Yeah, all good, thanks Peter. Although the cricket in England has stuffed my sleep up again after it was all back to normal. Very Happy

PeterCS likes this post

Back to top Go down

PeterCS

Post Sun 25 Jun 2023, 00:30 by PeterCS

I see you are rationing cricket and sleep wisely.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 26 Jun 2023, 01:41 by lardbucket

unlike some

Back to top Go down

PeterCS

Post Mon 26 Jun 2023, 14:41 by PeterCS

We can't all be sages.

Back to top Go down

PeterCS

Post Mon 26 Jun 2023, 14:41 by PeterCS

Some of us are the onions.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 24 Jul 2023, 04:51 by Fred Nerk

That could be a new name for the Oz team after they made poor Piers cry ....

Back to top Go down

PeterCS

Post Mon 24 Jul 2023, 18:05 by PeterCS

Not very flattering though.

Still, could be worse. The turnips. Farage & Co.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 26 Jul 2023, 12:35 by lardbucket

The spuds …

though I think that epithet has already been taken by Piers Morgan and his like-minded chums

Back to top Go down

PeterCS

Post Thu 17 Aug 2023, 14:19 by PeterCS

Has Skully's Sex Blog been deleted from here?

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Mon 19 Feb 2024, 18:02 by skully

Greets boys & girls from Houston, Texas. Stopover on my way to Colombia for 5 weeks, then UK for 3 weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 21 Feb 2024, 07:19 by lardbucket

Safe travels.

skully likes this post

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:12 by skully

Very hot and humid in Cartagena, although Sydney's February was somewhat similar. My Spanish has improved since my first visit in 2019 but is still pretty ordinary.

Off to the partner's cousin's wedding tonight. Should be a good night.

lardbucket likes this post

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Sun 03 Mar 2024, 02:52 by skully

So 2 weeks have gone of my 5 weeks in Colombia.

A week in Cartagena (Colombia's version of our Gold Coast), then a couple of days each in Barranquilla and Santa Marta to the east.

Tomorrow we are off to a private beach in Colombia's famous Tayrona National Park.

Other than the always hot and humid weather, it's been a hoot.

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Mon 04 Mar 2024, 03:06 by skully

Our little hacienda in Cinto Beach is very rustic. To get any sort of "resort" here is very difficult as the indigenous natives own the land. Our host Victor was a lawyer in Bogota for years but decided to search for a more stress free life running his brother's little "resort". It's a 3 bedroom shack by the beach but it's great. Very tranquill. The beach is fantastic. Crystal clear. And the temperature has been beautifully moderated by the bay sea breeze all day. Wifi is good, which is good because it's very quiet otherwise. A grouse experience.

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Mon 04 Mar 2024, 20:33 by skully

After a very peaceful couple of days at Cinto Beach we are about to board the speedboat for the bumpy trip back to Santa Marta.

Then it's straight to the airport to fly off to Bucaramanga.

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Tue 05 Mar 2024, 04:30 by skully

What a qunt of an arvo. The boat was an hour late getting us back to Santa Marta so we broke land speed records to make the airport on time.

Then the farkin plane was 80 mins late causing us to miss our connecting flight to Bucaramanga. We didn't know that as we arrived in Bogota, ran to the airline info desk and they sent us running to a far off gate (which was already closed!!). The idiot staff knew that as they had our overnight hotel vouchers ready to give us when we returned. Qunts!!!

We have to be at the airport at 4 am tomoz FFS

Qunt of a country

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Tue 05 Mar 2024, 07:37 by skully

And here we are. Half an hour's sleep and we are up waiting for a bus to the airport. Ugh, what a shitfight.

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Wed 06 Mar 2024, 02:40 by skully

Got half an hour's sleep last night and another half hour at the airport waiting for our flight.

I know some on here thrive on no sleep (I believe Mrbucket is a bit of an insomniac) but it farks me right up. Was a bit testy in Bucaramanga until I crashed at around 9 am and slept until 2 pm. Woke up in a pool of sweat cos our skinflint hosts have the AC on mechanical timer to shut off after 2 hours (apparently* previous guests have had the "hide" to have the AC running 24/7 Rolling Eyes ). If you are not awake to turn it back on, the inside temp quickly rises in this equatorial country. Got our bearings in Buca after that and had a decent meal for dinner.

Off tomoz to apparently* the most beautiful village in Colombia - Barichara.

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Thu 07 Mar 2024, 01:12 by skully

The Colombian shitfight continues.

Our hosts in Barichara were meant to contact us to coordinate check in. Never happened. Arrived at town, rang both co-hosts, no answer. Tried Airbnb messaging, no response. Walked a long way in the heat to the villa, no answer at door. Went back to town square, finally got an apologetic message 90 minutes after check in time but she was in another town.

My partner had had enough and said cancel muttering "farken useless Colombians". Booked into a hotel.

Then spent an hour fighting Airbnb over the no refund policy of the hosts. Finally got a refund 4 hours later.

What a country. Other than that Barichara was great. Rolling Eyes

Fred Nerk likes this post

Back to top Go down

skully

Post Thu 07 Mar 2024, 22:57 by skully

Better day today. No fark ups.

Got away from Barichara early and spent the day at Colombia's version of the Grand Canyon - Chicamocha. We cable carred (1.5 kms), zip line/flying foxed (which scared the shit out the lady), sight saw, and took a million photos. Also ate and drank some good sustenance.

Impressive place.

The $ numbers are big but the cost low. 26,000 COP (Colombian Peso) = AUD$10. We spent around 200,000 COP today, under $80 for a great day's entertainment. This included all food, entry, rides, and transport from Barichara to Chicamocha and back to Bucaramanga.

When it behaves itself Colombia can be OK.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 10 Mar 2024, 20:44 by lardbucket

So you’re home now?

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next