Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the"S**t, this isnt league cricket anymore" aw

+6
embee
Brass Monkey
Merlin
JKLever
lardbucket
Henry
10 posters

Go down

And the"S**t, this isnt league cricket anymore" aw Empty And the"S**t, this isnt league cricket anymore" aw

Post by Henry Wed 05 Sep 2007, 18:56

goes to.....Peter Hartley! I love it how he tried to act as if he hadnt just seen his mistake on the big screen when he called for the third Umpire.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

And the"S**t, this isnt league cricket anymore" aw Empty Re: And the"S**t, this isnt league cricket anymore" aw

Post by lardbucket Tue 28 Apr 2009, 10:21

This thread of Henry's has been sadly neglected for 18 months, and looked lonely surrounded as it was by a dozen unanswered Smerk threads and some sad news about Jane Tomlinson and Luciano Pavarotti.

What happened? Is Peter Hartley the new Ashoka? A link might have been useful here.

tumbleweed

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

And the"S**t, this isnt league cricket anymore" aw Empty Re: And the"S**t, this isnt league cricket anymore" aw

Post by JKLever Tue 28 Apr 2009, 10:25

This must be the ultimate of all Lardy bumps..
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 28 Apr 2009, 10:28

Most threads at least start out 'comprehensible' ... but I have no notion of what this one was about. Seems a shame to let it wither on the vine.

And yes, I'm mildly bored.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 28 Apr 2009, 10:34

Ok, i'll shed some light on this-

Firstly, the thread was meant to be titled- And the "Shit, this isn't league cricket anymore" award......

Right. Peter Hartley made his international umpiring debut in an ODI between England and India at The Oval in 2007. He gave a batsman not out after a run out appeal. Soon afterwards, the replay was shown on the big screen, and it showed the batsman to be inches short of his ground. Hartley, by now sheet white, then proceeded to call for the third umpire, and the batsman was given out.

I don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but I think just quietly, that this is one of the finest threads in FB history. Deservedly resurrected.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 28 Apr 2009, 10:38

Just as a matter of interest, how did he excuse calling for the third umpire after he'd already made a decision?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 28 Apr 2009, 10:39

He didn't. He just did it. I think it was a case of Hartley shaking his head from square leg, 10 seconds later the replay popped up on the screen, the fielders pointed to it, and Hartley then called for the third umpire. I think there was a few protests from the batsmen, but at the end of the day, the correct decision was made.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 28 Apr 2009, 11:16

Hartley ... any relation to the strawberry jam makers ?

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 28 Apr 2009, 12:47

You don't know who Peter Hartley is?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 28 Apr 2009, 12:49

Abominable. The lot of it. The start, the bump, the replies.

I phucking hate you all.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2009, 12:55

I feel like a jam sandwich.

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 28 Apr 2009, 12:57

P Hartley ...sounds like a cross between Harmless and Dung?
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26214
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 28 Apr 2009, 12:59

That's it... stuff this thread with metaphorical land-fill.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 28 Apr 2009, 13:03

Brass Monkey wrote:Abominable. The lot of it. The start, the bump, the replies.

I phucking hate you all.

Possibly, the worst ever
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 29 Apr 2009, 01:51

Demelza wrote:I feel like a jam sandwich.
Is that some sort of sex position?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 29 Apr 2009, 01:56

Has anyone noticed who the umpires are in the Yorkshire V Worcestershire championship match?

Hartley (ex Yorks) and Van Holder (Ex Pears)
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 29 Apr 2009, 07:22

Basil wrote:Has anyone noticed who the umpires are in the Yorkshire V Worcestershire championship match?

Hartley (ex Yorks) and Van Holder (Ex Pears)

Who is the 3rd umpire?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 29 Apr 2009, 07:24

lardbucket wrote:This thread of Henry's has been sadly neglected for 18 months, and looked lonely surrounded as it was by a dozen unanswered Smerk threads and some sad news about Jane Tomlinson and Luciano Pavarotti.

What happened? Is Peter Hartley the new Ashoka? A link might have been useful here.

tumbleweed

Well, thanks very much.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down