Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronnie Biggs Defiant At Train Robber's Funeral (edited version)

4 posters

Go down

Ronnie Biggs Defiant At Train Robber's Funeral (edited version) Empty Ronnie Biggs Defiant At Train Robber's Funeral (edited version)

Post by PeterCS Thu 21 Mar 2013, 15:24

Sky News – 8 hours ago (slightly edited. Your task: Work out the original bits.)

Ronnie Biggs had a defiant message for the press at the funeral of fellow great train robber Bruce Francis, as he flipped the "V" sign to photographers and told them all to fk off. "No fing dignity, you lot," he screeched.

Biggs, 83, who was freed four years ago after claiming that he was close to death due to a series of strokes, was among 200 people who paid tribute.

Francis, who masterminded the 1963 robbery, died just months before the 50th anniversary of the famous heist, hailed as one of the most audacious crimes of the 20th century.

The gang targeted a Glasgow to London mail train and escaped with a then record haul of £2.6m, the equivalent of £40m today.

The train driver, Jack Mills, was struck with an iron bar, and never worked again.

Biggs described the criminal mastermind as a "good man".

In a tribute read on his behalf, Biggs said: "Bruce was a true friend, a great friend. A friend through the good and the bad times, and I'm telling you snivelling law-abiding worms, we had many of both. Yeah.

"He was especially kind when he hit that stupid bastard over the head with an iron bar. Never worked again, that bastard. I bet he snitched on us, too. Got what he deserved.

"It was Bruce who set me off on an adventure that was to change my life, and it was typical of Bruce that he was there at the end to help me back from Brazil to Britain.

"I am proud to have had Bruce Francis as a friend. He was a good man, a great friend, and a true gentleman in absolutely everything he did. I miss him already."

A number of other popular criminals and celebrity thugs attended the funeral, including Bruce Francis, Dave Courtney and Chris Lambrianou.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Ronnie Biggs Defiant At Train Robber's Funeral (edited version) Empty Re: Ronnie Biggs Defiant At Train Robber's Funeral (edited version)

Post by Basil Thu 21 Mar 2013, 23:13

Ronnie Biggs: rot in hell, soon, please
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Ronnie Biggs Defiant At Train Robber's Funeral (edited version) Empty Re: Ronnie Biggs Defiant At Train Robber's Funeral (edited version)

Post by skully Fri 22 Mar 2013, 09:04

I'm amazed this thread has drawn no lardy puns.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 22 Mar 2013, 11:55

Too busy chundering, I suspect.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 23 Mar 2013, 03:57

only just found it ... I knew that bastard must have stolen something before he took all the oxygen

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38127
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down