Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jimmy Anderson - best English bowler since.....?

+12
LeFromage
baggygreen
Lara Lara Laughs
skully
Basil
Chivalry Augustus
Brass Monkey
taipan
PeterCS
Henry
beamer
Gary 111
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Jimmy Anderson - best English bowler since.....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Jimmy Anderson - best English bowler since.....?

Post by JKLever Sun 21 Jul 2013, 22:24

I was at Lords when he made his debut in 2003 against the Zimmers, recall his first over going for something like 18. Then getting mad dog Vermeulen just before the close.

Got to admit, I never saw him making it. I think his most dissapointing match which had me tearing my non-existent hair out was the game in 2008? in New Zealand where Tim Southee was twatting us everywhere. His bowling was so unintelligent towards the tail enders in that game I never thought he'd get to this level tbh.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Anderson - best English bowler since.....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Jimmy Anderson - best English bowler since.....?

Post by beamer Sun 21 Jul 2013, 22:31

Oh yeah, he was bowling bouncers at Coldplay wasn't he, when a full straight one would have done the job...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 21 Jul 2013, 22:34

Basil wrote:
Red wrote:Do you think Anderson's recent record against oz might have also improved because of the lack of quality of the batsmen?Smile 

Willis and co. might not have had to contend with bigger bats and shorter boundaries but they arguably bowled to batsmen who had better techniques who was just better period.

Who did you have in mind - Craig Serjeant, Rick Darling, Gary Cosier?

I think they'd come in handy at the moment. Even though they're past their peak.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3