Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four terrible days for Trev - but will Glad's sadness be over soon?

4 posters

Go down

Four terrible days for Trev - but will Glad's sadness be over soon? Empty Four terrible days for Trev - but will Glad's sadness be over soon?

Post by PeterCS Wed 28 Aug 2013, 15:54

Three African-Caribbean frontline seamers playing for Warwickshire, starting today. At least one of them with a decent case for England caps (Barker). Has Recordo Gordon declared for WIndies? And you never know, where Farmer Giles has fertilised, maybe even Mo Chambers will come good yet!

At least in Keith Barker's case, maybe Glad Small needs to be sad for not much longer (see JGK's recent comment from the Oval about the absence of black players in England at international level - unlike back in the days of Malcolm, De Freitas, Lewis, himself, ...).
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Four terrible days for Trev - but will Glad's sadness be over soon? Empty Re: Four terrible days for Trev - but will Glad's sadness be over soon?

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 28 Aug 2013, 16:13

I saw Recordo Gordon the other day when he was getting canned by Willey - thought they'd just made him up. No-one can be called Recordo. Unless he's got a brother called Rewindo and a sister called Pauseo.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Four terrible days for Trev - but will Glad's sadness be over soon? Empty Re: Four terrible days for Trev - but will Glad's sadness be over soon?

Post by PeterCS Wed 28 Aug 2013, 16:28

Recordo is 21. And clearly raw. Rawcordo.

It's Portuguese for "remember"/"memory"/"remembrance". The Portuguese - a small country of limited fertility and resources - having a choice between the insufferable bully of a neighbour Spain and the Ocean, got everywhere imaginable around the world.

e.g. De Freitas and Gomes also in the West Indies. Mascarenhas in Sri Lanka, Coelho (and Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro) in Madeira, Garcia in Goa, Da Costa in South Africa, Lourenco in Angola or Mozambique, Moraes in Macau and of course Da Silva (and everything else Portuguese) em Braaaaaaaaa-ziwww.

The English "record" (capture on a disc or tape) comes from "making a memory" of something.

So his name is not that outlandish. Blame English.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 28 Aug 2013, 17:10

The Portuguese - a small country of limited fertility
Shocked 
Ouch!
Getting a wee bit personal here, aren't we Petey?!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 28 Aug 2013, 18:26

The name is outlandish, with or without your bitter racial segregation Peter...
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 28 Aug 2013, 18:42

That is an egregious statement sirrah. I shall thank you for retracting it.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 28 Aug 2013, 19:22

How do I retract? Say 'sieg heil'? Not on your nelly, Goebbels.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 28 Aug 2013, 22:10

I am not seeking a Goebbels job. A mere "I'm most awfully sorry for any offence caused by my egregiously thoughtless words, old bean" will suffice.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 07 Sep 2013, 10:19

PeterCS wrote:I am not seeking a Goebbels job. A mere "I'm most awfully sorry for any offence caused by my egregiously thoughtless words, old bean" will suffice.
Channelling Red much?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:01

More a question of a stylistically dodgy "manbags at ten paces" with the Monk.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 07 Sep 2013, 15:42

PeterCS wrote:More a question of a stylistically dodgy "manbags at ten paces" with the Monk.

Channelling Red much?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down