Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malcolm Knox: does he settle Chappellg/Tendulkar claims- counter claims here?

+6
horace
Ethics? The Gall!
lardbucket
taipan
tricycle
Red
10 posters

Go down

Malcolm Knox: does he settle Chappellg/Tendulkar claims- counter claims here? Empty Malcolm Knox: does he settle Chappellg/Tendulkar claims- counter claims here?

Post by Red Sat 08 Nov 2014, 01:34

I have created a separate thread because the previous one seems to be hijacked by Monkeygate and who is outqunting whom!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/cricket/is-sachin-tendulkar-rewriting-cricket-history-20141107-11hxwl.html

Four years ago, while working with Chappell on his book Fierce Focus, I read his diary. It was exhaustively detailed. Chappell wrote it for himself, not for publication. He has not consented to my raising it now. But he has, it seems, been traduced, and ought to be defended.

The diary records only one visit paid by Chappell to Tendulkar's home. It took place nearly a year before the World Cup, on May 9, 2006, the day before Chappell and Dravid were to take the Indian team to the West Indies for a Test and one-day tour.

Tendulkar was unavailable due to injury. Chappell was accompanied by physiotherapist John Gloster and Kiran More, the Indian chairman of selectors (not the assistant coach). Anjali Tendulkar was present.

According to the diary, they ate lunch and chatted about Tendulkar's recovery. Chappell was very supportive of Tendulkar. There is no mention of the captaincy. Why would there be? Chappell had recently been party to Dravid's elevation, in place of Sourav Ganguly.

Tendulkar was months away from playing. In private and in public, Chappell was placing unstinting faith in Dravid.

This is the meeting to which Chappell's statement refers. His diary records no other visit to Tendulkar's home.

Later, he wished that Tendulkar could have done more to rein in the unruly personalities in the team who were not respecting Dravid's authority, but never did Chappell imagine Tendulkar returning as captain. Indeed, Tendulkar had ruled himself out of leading India since his second unsuccessful stint in the job in 2000, long before Chappell's arrival
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Malcolm Knox: does he settle Chappellg/Tendulkar claims- counter claims here? Empty Re: Malcolm Knox: does he settle Chappellg/Tendulkar claims- counter claims here?

Post by tricycle Sat 08 Nov 2014, 02:26

No. It presents Knox's version of what happened through Chappell's version of what happened. How can that ever be unbiased?

Let's ask twatface Boria Majumdar about his version and he'd paint a biased picture too...

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Malcolm Knox: does he settle Chappellg/Tendulkar claims- counter claims here? Empty Re: Malcolm Knox: does he settle Chappellg/Tendulkar claims- counter claims here?

Post by taipan Sat 08 Nov 2014, 02:33

Red wrote:I have created a separate thread because the previous one seems to be hijacked by Monkeygate and who is outqunting whom!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/cricket/is-sachin-tendulkar-rewriting-cricket-history-20141107-11hxwl.html

Four years ago, while working with Chappell on his book Fierce Focus, I read his diary. It was exhaustively detailed. Chappell wrote it for himself, not for publication. He has not consented to my raising it now. But he has, it seems, been traduced, and ought to be defended.

The diary records only one visit paid by Chappell to Tendulkar's home. It took place nearly a year before the World Cup, on May 9, 2006, the day before Chappell and Dravid were to take the Indian team to the West Indies for a Test and one-day tour.

Tendulkar was unavailable due to injury. Chappell was accompanied by physiotherapist John Gloster and Kiran More, the Indian chairman of selectors (not the assistant coach). Anjali Tendulkar was present.

According to the diary, they ate lunch and chatted about Tendulkar's recovery. Chappell was very supportive of Tendulkar. There is no mention of the captaincy. Why would there be? Chappell had recently been party to Dravid's elevation, in place of Sourav Ganguly.

Tendulkar was months away from playing. In private and in public, Chappell was placing unstinting faith in Dravid.

This is the meeting to which Chappell's statement refers. His diary records no other visit to Tendulkar's home.

Later, he wished that Tendulkar could have done more to rein in the unruly personalities in the team who were not respecting Dravid's authority, but never did Chappell imagine Tendulkar returning as captain. Indeed, Tendulkar had ruled himself out of leading India since his second unsuccessful stint in the job in 2000, long before Chappell's arrival

Do you understand the meaning of hearsay?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 08 Nov 2014, 02:42

contemporaneous account

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Sat 08 Nov 2014, 05:26

can someone nick tendulkars diary for the same period?

Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 10 Nov 2014, 01:33

Tendy Diary 9/5/2006

my servants prepared lunch for Chappell etc ... I am still injured and none of my three masseurs are any good...despite the imposition on my time and privacy I agreed to meet with them.

Tomorrow the team heads off to the Windies...that smartarse Dravid who thinks he knows everything is 'captain'...I feel very sad for (the Nawab) Ganguly who has been most unfairly treated by this mad vegetarian....It seems Ganguly was sacked because Chappell objected to Ganguly having servants field for him at practice.

I do not think any good has or will come from the vegetarian. Today he talked about the need for team unity and hard work and that he hoped I, as a senior statesman, would help reinforce the standards we need to set.

His deliberate insult of me as being merely a senior statesman was appalling. I am really pleased I asked the chefs to pop some essence of goat in the saag paneer.

Happily he has gone now. After completing this jotting I will ring Lalit Modi and jtb
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Mon 10 Nov 2014, 01:53

Lalit Modi was not top dog in 2006. Clearly Chappell's faked it.... or it's Knox, as both SRT & GSC haven't the ability to spell 3 words correctly in a row.

Yet, just about the final line

"Happily he has gone now. After completing this jotting I will ring Lalit Modi and jtb"

It was GSC who was worked for Lalit Modi. So, it has to be him.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 10 Nov 2014, 02:24

horace wrote:Tendy Diary 9/5/2006

my servants prepared lunch for Chappell etc ... I am still injured and none of my three masseurs are any good...despite the imposition on my time and privacy I agreed to meet with them.

Tomorrow the team heads off to the Windies...that smartarse Dravid who thinks he knows everything is 'captain'...I feel very sad for (the Nawab)  Ganguly who has been most unfairly treated by this mad vegetarian....It seems Ganguly was sacked because Chappell objected to Ganguly having servants field for him at practice.

I do not think any good  has or will come from the vegetarian. Today he talked about the need for team unity and hard work and that he hoped I, as a senior statesman, would help reinforce the standards we need to set.

His deliberate insult of me as being merely a senior statesman was appalling. I am really pleased I asked the chefs to pop some essence of goat in the saag paneer.

Happily he has gone now. After completing this jotting I will ring Lalit Modi and jtb

Some of your best work H.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Mon 10 Nov 2014, 04:39

JGK wrote:

Tomorrow the team heads off to the Windies...that smartarse Dravid who thinks he knows everything is 'captain'...I feel very sad for (the Nawab)  Ganguly who has been most unfairly treated by this mad vegetarian....It seems Ganguly was sacked because Chappell objected to Ganguly having servants field for him at practice.

I do not think any good  has or will come from the vegetarian. Today he talked about the need for team unity and hard work and that he hoped I, as a senior statesman, would help reinforce the standards we need to set.

yeah. joins his other two readable posts
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 10 Nov 2014, 05:33

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
JGK wrote:

It's not a cut and paste?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Mon 10 Nov 2014, 06:08

taipan wrote:
Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
JGK wrote:

im able to believe he could produce that given a free weekend and enough of the right sort of drugs
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 10 Nov 2014, 06:14

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
taipan wrote:
Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
JGK wrote:

im able to believe he could produce that given a free weekend and enough of the right sort of drugs

Ah, Shakespeare, monkeys and typewriters.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 10 Nov 2014, 06:15

"I hate you guys", as a sage ex poster noted
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 10 Nov 2014, 09:06

taipan wrote:
Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
taipan wrote:
Ethics? The Gall! wrote:
JGK wrote:

Ah, Shakespeare, monkeys and typewriters.

not even one monkey according to thousands of typewriters

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 10 Nov 2014, 09:28

I for one am inclined to give Horrie's drugs the benefit of the doubt for assisting him
in creating such an excellent diary.

Gangers' servants fielding for him during practice is very believable,
as is SRT's instruction to his chefs to insert some mutton into the veggie's sag paneer!

The sort of thing this particular self-important Bannie is renowned for ... or so it is claimed!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 10 Nov 2014, 09:45

That diary was tip top. Whichever narcotics you're currently on, horold, keep them going
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 11 Nov 2014, 01:33

Brass Monkey wrote:That diary was tip top. Whichever narcotics you're currently on, horold, keep them going

phurt...admit tho incapable of putting pep in my step, the new upsties are accelerating the roll ...

my eyes have recently lamped on a (loosely described treasure) trove of several previously unpublished diaries..

I now have several in my possession....these include the diaries of FatArjuna, Kepler Wessels, Chris Gayle, Sunil Gavaskar, Bruce Francis, Imran Khan, Lance Cairns, Mike Hendrick and Gordon Rorke. I am also negotiating with an unpleasant chap who claims to have the long sought unpublished diaries of H Cronje
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 11 Nov 2014, 03:04

I just assumed it was Croner's pilot's Mum who gave you the drugs.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 11 Nov 2014, 03:17

like West Coast ...we're flying high...but excerpts from the above named diaries (hopefully including H Cronje's) will be published here in coming months

Admit to having trouble with fatarjuna's diary which includes a lot of stained menus....(pig features a lot on those)
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down