Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E-health ...

4 posters

Go down

E-health ... Empty E-health ...

Post by lardbucket Sat 09 May 2015, 15:44

... is apparently upon us, whether we want it or not.

Now we can carry all our incorrect medical diagnoses and labels around with us, along with a list of medications we took once 5 years ago, and faux allergies.

I suspect we are in for an upsurge in incidence of asthma, coeliac disease, Lyme disease, multiple sclerosis, chronic severe back pain, and a raft of other diagnoses which require compensation.

The opt-in system promulgated under Labor 3 years ago has been hopeless, with most of the population not interested and most of the stored information inaccessible to those who need it and/or inaccurate when accessed. This new system will just amplify errors; as emergency departments around the country believe and act upon the utterly useless and often inaccurate information stored in most records.

Another layer of ineffectual bureaucracy and waste ...

LINK

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

E-health ... Empty Re: E-health ...

Post by Lindsay no.2 Sat 09 May 2015, 18:51

Good luck with that.

We had a mega NHS computer system that was going to computerise patient records (and do other whizz bang things)...thing is it didn't get really off the ground.

Oh yeah - and it cost about 10 billion quid and took about a decade to establish that actually it didn't work. Congrats to all our governments that ran that clusterf*ck.

Lindsay no.2

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 10 May 2015, 07:18

It'll be exactly the same here.

I think 'clusterf*ck' may soon be supplanted in the lexicon by 'ehealth record'.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 11 May 2015, 02:23

really....I see plenty of benefits in ehealth, inc diagnostics in emergency situations...given mobility people just dont use the same GP for decades..plenty of folk (inc me) Doctor Shop. Polypharmacy among old dodderers is rife
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 11 May 2015, 19:24

It certainly is and everything I have seen of the e health 'revolution' suggests that it is about to be ten times.

It's extremely depressing.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 11 May 2015, 19:26

Lindsay no.2 wrote:Good luck with that.

We had a mega NHS computer system that was going to computerise patient records (and do other whizz bang things)...thing is it didn't get really off the ground.

Oh yeah - and it cost about 10 billion quid and took about a decade to establish that actually it didn't work. Congrats to all our governments that ran that clusterf*ck.

I was asked to be a part of that mothafocka... turned the qunts down. Seemed to me they didn't know what the fock they were doing from the off. Could've took the money and run, I suppose. My mate did. Said it wasn't worth the testicle aches.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down