Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

+14
Chivalry Augustus
embee
Bradman
Lara Lara Laughs
horace
WideWally
Big Dog
lardbucket
PeterCS
Ethics? The Gall!
Brass Monkey
skully
taipan
JGK
18 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II - Page 22 Empty Re: Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

Post by Big Dog Tue 30 Mar 2021, 23:58

Brilliant 😄
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II - Page 22 Empty Re: Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

Post by WideWally Tue 30 Aug 2022, 06:46

Remember when everyone would discuss the latest episode of Game Of Thrones every Monday?

Now the first two episodes of the prequel have been shown and not one comment. Why is this so?

Crap show?
Sign of the times?

WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9698
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 30 Aug 2022, 08:16

Nobody here?

First episode was pretty good, haven’t watched the second yet…

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 30 Aug 2022, 11:42

beamer wrote:Nobody here?

First episode was pretty good, haven’t watched the second yet…

Same here.

The production values look very high but the story itself can't possibly compare to the original GoT. I mean we know that the girl won't sit on the Iron Throne because Cersei was trying to be the first to do it herself nearly 200 years later.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 30 Aug 2022, 12:04

I’ll miss the sprawling epic of the original, with its far-flung storylines, but on the whole the King’s Landing bits were often the highlights anyway (Season 4 with Joffrey’s poisoning, Tyrion’s trial and the eventual demise of Tywin was my all-time favourite series, perhaps of any TV show alongside the final instalment of Breaking Bad). But I suppose the perceived failings of the last two series (and ongoing failure to complete the books) proved it was near-impossible to pull it all back together in a way that satisfies everyone.

Hope we get to see some of the old favourite locations again though. Someone has to go through the Moon Door for old time’s sake!

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 31 Aug 2022, 10:43

I haven't got the enthusiasm to get into another GoT type story, espesh after the poor and hasty wrapping up of the original masterpiece of a series.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105897
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Wed 31 Aug 2022, 22:58

skully wrote:I haven't got the enthusiasm to get into another GoT type story, espesh after the poor and hasty wrapping up of the original masterpiece of a series.
Seems the world’s TV viewers don’t agree, with record-breaking early viewing figures and a second series already commissioned.

There’s been some good shows over the last three years (plus some classics I’ve binged in the meantime) but a return to Westeros feels long overdue. Even if it’s half as good as the original at its peak it will be worth it. Will be interesting to see how Amazon’s Lord of the Rings prequel compares in the battle of the big budget fantasy blockbusters. Both too big to fail…

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 01 Sep 2022, 06:25

I am VERY much looking forward to the Rings of Power.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Thu 01 Sep 2022, 09:06

Seems early critical response is slightly less positive than for HOTD but obviously expectations are very high.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Thu 01 Sep 2022, 13:29

Meanwhile, Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) has got married for real. I presume he avoided the wine…

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22