Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dick Smith

+3
Henry
horace
lardbucket
7 posters

Go down

Dick Smith Empty Dick Smith

Post by lardbucket Tue 05 Jan 2016, 00:15

in voluntary administration

We are truly in a receiver-led recovery.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Dick Smith Empty Re: Dick Smith

Post by horace Tue 05 Jan 2016, 00:44

It has been nice this summer to grow and give away lots of tomatoes and veg. Wish I had the skills to make things. Am only good for gardening and cooking.

One day an ex Ms H and I watched streams of container ships come through Port Phillip Heads. Much destined for Dick Smiths and other outlets'. We concluded that much of the contents of these massive ships was destined for landfill.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 05 Jan 2016, 01:49

Surely they could have saved a ton of money by not making their own, Dick Smith brand, shonky electronic products? My Mum recently renovated her house in order to sell, and got a cheap Dick Smith TV to wall mount (in order to free up more space and look attractive for buyers) and it's the shonkiest piece of shit TV I've ever come across, yet they obviously pay teams of people to make this junk.

We also bought a Dick Smith set top box five years ago during the digital transition, and it broke after a week. They replaced it with a new one, and that broke after four days.
Also, go to one of their stores and you'll be waiting half an hour before you get any customer service. I'm really not surprised they're going under. And Dick Smith the man is a twat.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 05 Jan 2016, 02:00

Henry wrote:Surely they could have saved a ton of money by not making their own, Dick Smith brand, shonky electronic products? My Mum recently renovated her house in order to sell, and got a cheap Dick Smith TV to wall mount (in order to free up more space and look attractive for buyers) and it's the shonkiest piece of shit TV I've ever come across, yet they obviously pay teams of people to make this junk.

We also bought a Dick Smith set top box five years ago during the digital transition, and it broke after a week. They replaced it with a new one, and that broke after four days.
Also, go to one of their stores and you'll be waiting half an hour before you get any customer service. I'm really not surprised they're going under. And Dick Smith the man is a twat.

Smith sold the business many years ago. I'd say that if he still owned it, it wouldn't be nearly so 'shonky'
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Tue 05 Jan 2016, 02:03

smiths done a lot of good for the enironmental movement down here so his sometime twattishness is bearable
besides he hasnt owned the stores for decades. sold the brand name to woolworths back in the 80s

and the branded junk will be generic junk with the stores name plastered over it not anything theyve designed
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 05 Jan 2016, 02:03

Prtable DVD player. SameOh.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 05 Jan 2016, 02:10

Ethics? The Gall! wrote:smiths done a lot of good for the enironmental movement down here so his sometime twattishness is bearable
besides he hasnt owned the stores for decades.  sold the brand name to woolworths back in the 80s

and the branded junk will be generic junk with the stores name plastered over it not anything theyve designed

That was when he began his, ahem, high-flying public service career (as head and much-publicised New Broom at the Civil Aviation Authority).

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down