Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warne Waughs episode VII: A Force Awakens

+11
Red
taipan
embee
Bradman
tricycle
JGK
skully
Henry
Ethics? The Gall!
Fred Nerk
OP Tipping
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Warne Waughs episode VII: A Force Awakens - Page 2 Empty Re: Warne Waughs episode VII: A Force Awakens

Post by horace Sat 13 Feb 2016, 00:51

Dill.

Not what I said. How many ex Ksnr team mates have leapt to his defence?

horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Warne Waughs episode VII: A Force Awakens - Page 2 Empty Re: Warne Waughs episode VII: A Force Awakens

Post by Henry Sat 13 Feb 2016, 00:52

I don't remember Warne getting into line all that readily against Flintoff and Harmison, despite him thrashing a few runs in that 2005 series.

Oh, and it seems he used the money donated to his 'Shane Warne foundation' to dish out 'sweeteners' to his friends and family.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 13 Feb 2016, 01:00

So you have given up?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 13 Feb 2016, 01:07

Well Ksr's selfishness did give us 5 minutes of unforgettable commentary.

I still rate Warnie's effort at showing up to the "cry poor" meeting the team had with CA in a Ferrari as the best dumber than dumb moment.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 13 Feb 2016, 01:13

Well, like Waugh himself, most people haven't dignified Warne's comments with a comment of their own.

How you can be so critical of a guy (S.Waugh), who along with Allan Border probably single-handedly dragged Australian cricket out of the mire in the late 80s and early 90s?

Waugh wasn't perfect, and teams under his captaincy were a mostly unpleasant bunch in the field, and he carried a bit of a self-righteous air at the height of Australia's success (for example wearing his baggy green cap to Wimbledon) but you can't deny his positive influence on Australian cricket.

What's the source of your animosity towards him, horace? Did he run out some shit Victorian batsman back in the mid 80s and you've never forgiven him?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 13 Feb 2016, 01:26

The question is about his selfishness.

It was all about his average. He directed others to throw the bat and farmed the strike to the tail.

Also undermined Tubby.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 13 Feb 2016, 01:30

Great, gritty player but undoubtedly a red ink hunter sometimes to the team's detriment. My son's goldfish could've captained the side he was gifted, and at least if it had we mightn't have lost the series in India.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 13 Feb 2016, 01:34

Red ink hunter to his team's detriment????

How many tests did Australia lose under his captaincy? About five in as many years? There wasn't much detriment.....
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 13 Feb 2016, 01:47

And the fact that Warne is so critical of captain Waugh and coach Buchanan during the most successful period of Australian cricket ever tends to suggest he's a bitter (about not getting the captaincy) , egotistical qunt who wants people to believe that Australia's success was mostly down to him.

Shane Warne's charity gifts Mercedes benz's to his PA, whilst Waugh's charity builds orphanages for kids in India. That says about all you need to know about the two of them as men.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 13 Feb 2016, 01:54

Not arguing re post cricket. Even ksnrs brother abhors him
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 13 Feb 2016, 04:33

Jesus, bitter much?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 13 Feb 2016, 04:57

Henry wrote:Red ink hunter to his team's detriment????

How many tests did Australia lose under his captaincy? About five in as many years? There wasn't much detriment.....

Damn straight, Trev.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sat 13 Feb 2016, 08:48

But it was a risky strategy anyway....it COULD have caused the End Of Civilisation As We Know It....

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8816
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 13 Feb 2016, 09:08

WUMs
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Feb 2016, 12:50

An Aussie FBailer criticising one of their greatest captains and batsmen is staggering. I'm trying to think of an English equivalent in my cricket watching life time but I don't think there's anyone even close to being as good or as influential as Waugh either as a bat or as captain. 

It's unlikely that I'll see an Englishman of Waugh's calibre in my life time, astounding that he is getting criticised unless Horrie is referring to himself as the WUM (quite likely I know).

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Sat 13 Feb 2016, 15:13

Waugh's side didn't just win matches under his captaincy, invariably they battered their opposition playing attractive cricket
spangler
spangler

Warne Waughs episode VII: A Force Awakens - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 13 Feb 2016, 19:59

vilkrang wrote:An Aussie FBailer criticising one of their greatest captains and batsmen is staggering.

There are some bitter and twisted folk amongst our Aussie brethren.They are of course well entitled to their opinion, but I don't subscribe to it. I'm with you and seemingly most other English FBers, vilks. Steve Waugh is my all-time Aus hero. A legend that would bleed for his country if it meant winning, then, as a last resort, not losing.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Sat 13 Feb 2016, 21:41

skully wrote: Steve Waugh is my all-time Aus hero. A legend that would bleed for his country if it meant winning, then, as a last resort, not losing.
youre confusing him with allan border
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 13 Feb 2016, 21:48

Border >>> Waugh; though I am sure Waugh strove to emulate Border.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:57

It's getting worse.... (link)

Some may consider Shane Warne himself a fairly powerful argument against evolution

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Wed 17 Feb 2016, 14:00

Probably fair to say that neither of the people involved in this fracas are fabulous human beings.

It is probably also fair to say that Warne was at least as big a part of Australia's success as Steve was. With regard to Buck, SKW is not the only person who considers him to have been a passenger, hanging around a team that was lucky enough to have several great players.
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Warne Waughs episode VII: A Force Awakens - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Wed 17 Feb 2016, 15:00

Fred Nerk wrote:It's getting worse.... (link)

Some may consider Shane Warne himself a fairly powerful argument against evolution
Planet of the japes

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Sat 27 Feb 2016, 00:11

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/shane-warne-reveals-he-wants-engagement-ring-back-from-liz-hurley-on-im-a-celebrity--get-me-out-of-here/news-story/7d97cefc061f345de26f07b8e7864658?sv=896eb24a2c81f4f1a86845eab0a2c7b2

LISTEN up Liz, Shane wants his ring back.

Aussie cricketer Shane Warne has controversially declared he wants ex fiance Liz Hurley to give him back her huge blue sapphire and diamond engagement ring.

“It’s a top notch blue sapphire one,” he said in a clip to be aired on Ten’s I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!

“She didn’t give it back. You’ve got me thinking, I might ask for it back. I am going to ask for that ring back.”

It’s the etiquette of a breakup that has Warne questioning whether or not he should have been given back the ring.

The ring in question is estimated to be worth more than $60,000.

“What is the protocol?” Warne asked fellow campmates in the South African jungle.

Warne and Hurley broke up in 2013 after a few years of dating but remain friends.

Havana Brown got in on the debate, saying: “If you guys broke up and it was a good break up, I think she should give it back. But if you messed up, she could keep it just out of spite.”

That’s when Warne, 46, declared he would ask Hurley, 50, for the ring back.

Stay classy, Shane.

Srsly, he used to get 2 million dollars for an IPL season. 60000 represents about one over of bowling.
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Warne Waughs episode VII: A Force Awakens - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sun 28 Feb 2016, 10:55

"Dear Shane,

I have placed said ring on Ebay. Once its history was revealed several large bids have been withdrawn. You are entitled to bid for it along with anybody else. The current winning bid is $7.25, so if you can stump up $7.26 it is yours.

Rgds Liz H"

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2