Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men in female sport?

+2
beamer
Johnleonard
6 posters

Go down

Men in female sport? Empty Men in female sport?

Post by Johnleonard Mon 21 Jun 2021, 18:55

What do people think about men identifying as women and thus taking part in female cricket? 100 metre sprinting? Rugby? Weightlifting? Swimming? Boxing? Et al.
My own daughter is a very competent kick boxer but would be the first to accept she'd get nowhere against experienced men. Rugby? I'd worry about women getting killed frankly. Boxing? Don't even go there.
Rather than pander to a tiny minority of people who want to deny there's only male and female and want to destroy millions of young females' competition aspirations and hopes we should be keeping men and women separate in sport. At least where physical strength plays a part so darts or poker are fine.
Stop this cancel culture poisoning society.

Johnleonard

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2021-06-17

Back to top Go down

Men in female sport? Empty Re: Men in female sport?

Post by beamer Mon 21 Jun 2021, 19:35

You might be surprised but I agree on this one, it is completely unfair. They have physical advantages from being born biologically male which no medication can completely remove. The degree of advantage depends on the sport but in something like weightlifting I’m sure the other women competing feel cheated (even if I suspect they’re all on steroids anyway in that sport!)

I don’t mind what people want to call themselves/identify as, and I’ll respect that choice for an individual, but it can’t be allowed to affect the integrity of sport. Even Caitlyn Jenner agrees with that.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 21 Jun 2021, 22:06

I also agree. Allowing Trans to compete will just reduce the credibility of womens sport.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnleonard Tue 22 Jun 2021, 06:38

I am 45 next and very much past my prime in boxing which I've been reasonably successful at all my adult life. From 12 in fact. But I've sparred with the better female boxers at our gym this month and it made me realise that a middle aged 6 feet 1 inch 12.5 stones man has significant advantages over all the female boxers we have. Despite the usual slowing down we get after about 35.

Johnleonard

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnleonard Tue 22 Jun 2021, 06:46

What we all need to remember is that you can identify as anything. A bisexual newt if you want. But you cannot change sex. You can remove certain parts. Add some false bits. But most things remain including DNA and pelvis design etc etc. A neighbour when i lived in Finchley had the change. To a woman. But the male physique, the big hands were noticeable and size 12 high heels looked odd. My own daughter has a friend 13 years old who claims she's gender elastic. Teachers need to go back to teaching maths and English fgs.

Johnleonard

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 22 Jun 2021, 10:06

Dr.Peter Larkins maintains that males retain the residual strength advantages of their birth and does not believe it's fair that they compete in women's events even if they now identify as a woman.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 22 Jun 2021, 21:00

NZ gold medal pending, then, albeit with an asterisk.

Cricket fans who acknowledge the world’s leading Test wicket taker can hardly complain.

Remember a few years ago the spectacle of Spanish basketballers who merely identified as disabled competing at a Paralympics ...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 22 Jun 2021, 21:31

lardbucket wrote:NZ gold medal pending, then, albeit with an asterisk.

Cricket fans who acknowledge the world’s leading Test wicket taker can hardly complain.

Remember a few years ago the spectacle of Spanish basketballers who merely identified as disabled competing at a Paralympics ...
Don’t worry, Jimmy will catch Chuck given a few more years…

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 23 Jun 2021, 04:20

lardbucket wrote:NZ gold medal pending, then, albeit with an asterisk.

They were journalists as I recall. So they most likely WERE sub-normal in various key aspects of humanity.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnleonard Sun 27 Jun 2021, 14:50

The Paralympics have been abused for decades by competitors listing as disabled but who'd give me a run for my money over 400 metres or in a strength event. Yes I still enjoy running at this ripe ish old age.

Johnleonard

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sun 27 Jun 2021, 17:10

An age-category Olympics (old as opposed to young!) would be interesting… see which stars of the past still have it and which ones have turned to the pies.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnleonard Tue 29 Jun 2021, 14:35

beamer wrote:An age-category Olympics (old as opposed to young!) would be interesting… see which stars of the past still have it and which ones have turned to the pies.

That's a good idea actually. I'm seriously into fitness still. Sub 1 50 half marathons. 42 minute 10kms. I love the idea of all of us being very fit for whatever age we are. I'm currently on Skye doing the Inn Pinn tomorrow. A good challenge for an oldie!!

Johnleonard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down