Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nasser and Foster up a tree...K-I-S-S...

+3
PearlJ
Merlin
Chivalry Augustus
7 posters

Go down

Nasser and Foster up a tree...K-I-S-S... Empty Nasser and Foster up a tree...K-I-S-S...

Post by Chivalry Augustus Mon 28 Jul 2008, 13:50

I-N-G.

"If there is a better one-day keeper-batsman in the world at the moment I'd like to see him."
Nasser Hussain sings the praises of James Foster and wonders how he missed out on England's provisional Champions Trophy squad.

www.cricinfo.com

Apparently, a guy who has never scored a domestic OD hundred is the best wicket-keeper batsman in the WORLD, because the mighty Nass has seen him take a few good catches and slog some runs in the Twenty20. I've nothing against the guy or his keeping in four-day cricket, but Nasser's assertion is preposterous. He's quite rightly nowhere near the England ODI squad with his record. With all these experts telling England what they should do, you worry for a minute that idiots like Miller might take their counsel as gospel and actually implement their mad strategies. Selectors have supposedly bowed down to the might of (Sir) Ian Botham before.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Nasser and Foster up a tree...K-I-S-S... Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Nasser and Foster up a tree...K-I-S-S... Empty Re: Nasser and Foster up a tree...K-I-S-S...

Post by Merlin Mon 28 Jul 2008, 14:11

Naz has a valid point.
Only 2 keepers turned up at the T20 finals on Saturday.

Foster and Scott - both excelling under pressure (and T20 is pressured - ie., standing up
to an 85mph quick so as to harness a free-footing batsman, collecting throw-ins cleanly,
chasing anything nurdled within 10 yards of the wicket) , especially Fossie.

GoJo looked tired whilst Mustard looked distracted (prolly 'cos Miller was watching).

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Nasser and Foster up a tree...K-I-S-S... Empty Re: Nasser and Foster up a tree...K-I-S-S...

Post by PearlJ Mon 28 Jul 2008, 14:14

I didn't think Foster was anything special.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Nasser and Foster up a tree...K-I-S-S... ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 28 Jul 2008, 14:25

He's average with the bat.

Best keeper in the country for me though.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 28 Jul 2008, 14:28

That should matter, shouldn't it?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 28 Jul 2008, 14:33

Foster hasn't been given a fair go. He was annointed as England's next long term keeper before breaking his arm in 2002, and hasn't been given a chance since, despite doing hardly anything wrong when playing for either England or Essex. He probably hasn't got the slogging ability to be a top ODI keeper/batsman (Although he's got more shots now than 7 years ago) but despite his choirboy looks, he certainly has some ticker, and should be given another chance in the tests. His batting is a bit inconsistent, but he seems to be the sort of guy who steps up on the big occasions.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by philcric Mon 28 Jul 2008, 15:25

How's this for an england top 7.

+ Mustard
+ Prior
+ Ambrose
+ Read
+ G Jones
+ Foster
*+ Paul Nixon

They can take turns to keep for 10 overs each.
philcric
philcric

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 28 Jul 2008, 15:59

Dextrous at 3 and Ready at 4. Yeah. Right.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down