Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was the Porker under-used in Test cricket?

+4
PeterCS
Brass Monkey
tac
lardbucket
8 posters

Go down

Was the Porker under-used in Test cricket? Empty Was the Porker under-used in Test cricket?

Post by lardbucket Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:13

I say yes.

David Sales: still to make his debut

Robert Key: should be captain, isn't even in the team

Boof Lehmann: Robbed of 50 Tests, just because he's big-boned

Mark Cosgrove: Well?

Ian Blackwell? Must have eaten a selector's baby ...

Ranatunga: Should have run far more for Sri Lanka

The evidence is compelling. I rest my case.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Was the Porker under-used in Test cricket? Empty Re: Was the Porker under-used in Test cricket?

Post by tac Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:15

WW Armstrong?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Was the Porker under-used in Test cricket? Empty Re: Was the Porker under-used in Test cricket?

Post by lardbucket Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:16

Hasn't been given a game for years. Wasting away, he is.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:33

Sales - yeah

Key - yeah

Boof - HFR yeah

Cosgrove - Sozzie

Blackwell - pie tosser eating competition commitments

Ranatunga - lazy qunt

Milburn - I wish
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 14 Aug 2008, 11:38

Burnopfield.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 14 Aug 2008, 12:02

Kallis has definitely filled out, alarmingly. It sometimes looks as if his head is going to pop.

Maybe that's why he's out of form. Needs deflating a bit.

Warney wasn't underused. Except as skipper.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie Jill Thu 14 Aug 2008, 12:32

Burnopfield. There's a quality local name.
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

Was the Porker under-used in Test cricket? 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2520
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 14 Aug 2008, 12:38

It is indeed. And the Burnopfield Basher did it proud.

(Until he lost an eye Sad )
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 14 Aug 2008, 12:40

PeterCS wrote:It is indeed. And the Burnopfield Basher did it proud.

(Until he lost an eye Sad )

**nods** Sad Sad
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 14 Aug 2008, 12:50

Brass Monkey wrote:Milburn - I wish
Ollie Milburn - legend. From Dickinfo:

"The following winter he went to the West Indies with Cowdrey's side, but in 1968-69, omitted from the team to Ceylon and Pakistan, he was able to play once again in Australia. This time he made a royal progress through the states, and at Brisbane he played the most extraordinary innings seen there in Shield matches. On the first day he made 243, and before he was out in the first over after tea, having scored 181 between lunch and tea, he had hit four sixes and 38 fours."

My father told me how he listened to this innings in awe on ABC radio.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Thu 14 Aug 2008, 12:52

skully wrote:

"The following winter he went to the West Indies with Cowdrey's side, but in 1968-69, omitted from the team to Ceylon and Pakistan, he was able to play once again in Australia. This time he made a royal progress through the states, and at Brisbane he played the most extraordinary innings seen there in Shield matches. On the first day he made 243, and before he was out in the first over after tea, having scored 181 between lunch and tea, he had hit four sixes and 38 fours."

HTF do you score 181 on your own in a session?? Oh for TV cameras back then!!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 14 Aug 2008, 12:54

skully wrote:

Wow, that was a good one. Yeah, liked a drink or 20. Reckoned he was a bit plastered on his bike on the way home to his flat(which my brother had for a few years). My dad showed me the bend where it happened, was treacherous in daylight, in a car, without inebriation.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 14 Aug 2008, 12:57

holcs wrote:
skully wrote:

It is documented that he told his batting partner Derek Chadwick that he wasn't intending to do any running after lunch and was good to his word. Monstered the Banjos.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Thu 14 Aug 2008, 12:58

skully wrote:
holcs wrote:
skully wrote:

It is documented that he told his batting partner Derek Chadwick that he wasn't intending to do any running after lunch and was good to his word. Monstered the Banjos.

Aye, looks it... FAir play to the man, that is some serious batting! Fark this T20 shoite. I'd rather watch that any day!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 25 Aug 2008, 01:39

holcs wrote:
skully wrote:
holcs wrote:
skully wrote:

Aye, looks it... FAir play to the man, that is some serious batting! Fark this T20 shoite. I'd rather watch that any day!

Just think what damage he would have done in 20/20 - and he could bowl a bit of seam up too.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down