Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa reject tri-series proposal

+16
horace
embee
PearlJ
spangler
tac
Para Batsman
The One
Merlin
Brass Monkey
JKLever
doremi
holcs
taipan
Chandan
Red
SG
20 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

South Africa reject tri-series proposal Empty South Africa reject tri-series proposal

Post by SG Sun 07 Sep 2008, 07:31

The proposal for a tri-series in South Africa, also involving Pakistan and probably Sri Lanka has been rejected by Cricket South Africa, who said their top players need to rest after the recent tour of England.

"Cricket South Africa [CSA] have today informed us they can't arrange the series as their players have had a long and hectic tour of England which ended on a disappointing note for them," Shafqat Naghmi, the Pakistan board's chief operating officer, told Reuters. Naghmi was also told by a CSA official that "South Africa's leading players were not interested in playing in a series immediately after their tour of England".

South Africa's coach Mickey Arthur had expressed concerns that fatigue was hampering his team's progress after their 4-0 loss to England in the recent one-day series and warned the administrators against "flogging a dead horse".

The PCB was trying to arrange the tournament to fill the gap created by the postponement of the Champions Trophy which was scheduled to be held in Pakistan in September. However, five of the participating nations said they would not travel to Pakistan because of security concerns, forcing the tournament to be put off.

Pakistan are now trying to set up a one-day series against Sri Lanka.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

South Africa reject tri-series proposal Empty Re: South Africa reject tri-series proposal

Post by Red Sun 07 Sep 2008, 14:38

Planet Pakistan will blame Smith's intransigence on the matter. Very Happy Very Happy
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

South Africa reject tri-series proposal Empty Re: South Africa reject tri-series proposal

Post by Chandan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 13:28

This is a very tragic state of cricket where one by one the test nations are going down the drain and no one likes to play against Pak or NZ anymore. I can't remember when these two had home series.

On one hand there is India where they were forced to go for separate sets of players for tests and ODI because of the insane amount of cricket that they have to play. And on the other extreme there Pakistan which is begging other nations to play cricket with them!!

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 13:33

Chandan wrote:This is a very tragic state of cricket where one by one the test nations are going down the drain and no one likes to play against Pak or NZ anymore. I can't remember when these two had home series.

On one hand there is India where they were forced to go for separate sets of players for tests and ODI because of the insane amount of cricket that they have to play. And on the other extreme there Pakistan which is begging other nations to play cricket with them!!

England went to NZ last season.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 13:34

So they've played cricket (tests) with only England?

Poor Pak are not getting that either!

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 13:45

Chandan wrote:So they've played cricket (tests) with only England?

India hasn't toured there since 2002/3 you mean?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 13:48

taipan wrote:

What about Pak-NZ
SL-NZ
SA-NZ
WI-NZ
Aus-NZ etc?

And the same with Pak?

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 13:50

Chandan wrote:
taipan wrote:

What about Pak-NZ
SL-NZ
SA-NZ
WI-NZ
Aus-NZ etc?

And the same with Pak?

In the views of many the BCCI screwed up the world test circuit with their money making perference for jamodi's and now IPL.

SA has regularly played both NZ and Pak.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 09 Sep 2008, 13:53

To be fair, I would suggest that ENG and SA and SL are the sides whom play all teams regularly off the top of my head.
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 13:57

taipan wrote:
In the views of many the BCCI screwed up the world test circuit with their money making perference for jamodi's and now IPL.

If BCCI plays more JAMODIs than others, what stops them from tests?

And if BCCI has screwed by IPL, why are the other boards getting mad for their own PLs?

This is just a thing to say Taips. The tours have not been on in the FTP of ICC. Only two series in FTP has been cancelled till now and that is Aus vs Pak and the CT. What happened to the other series with these countries?

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:00

Chandan wrote:
taipan wrote:

If BCCI plays more JAMODIs than others, what stops them from tests?

And if BCCI has screwed by IPL, why are the other boards getting mad for their own PLs?

This is just a thing to say Taips. The tours have not been on in the FTP of ICC. Only two series in FTP has been cancelled till now and that is Aus vs Pak and the CT. What happened to the other series with these countries?

I don't do the FTP.

All I can say is that SA regularly plays all the other test nations.

India doesn't
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:04

I'm not telling you Taips nor am I blaming SA. I am saying that there has to be something wrong with the FTP because of which few nations are rushing from one country to other to play cricket while few are sitting idle. And there seems to be strong connection with the financial condition of that cricket boards.Financially stronger countries can hardly catch breath between one tour to other while financially weaker nations are not playing at all.

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:10

Chandan. It seems to me that certain boards are not interested in playing certain nations away from home. Those boards tend to be the big ones, which have the most money.

It also seems to me, that the reasons for this are that these boards are not fussed about the cricket, but about the cash they gain from their International sides fixtures.

Its hardly lucrative for (and this is only an example) India, Aus a little bit to play in NZ, when in fact they can play Aus, Eng, SA.

Whereas other boards such as Eng, SA and SL tend to tour everywhere fairly regularly.

Pak have not played much due to security fears IMO, as thats why tours have been cancelled and cannot be repleced.
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:11

Now SLC demands US$ 2m from PCB to host an ODI series against Pak. So this seals the fate of this series as well?

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:12

Chandan wrote:I'm not telling you Taips nor am I blaming SA. I am saying that there has to be something wrong with the FTP because of which few nations are rushing from one country to other to play cricket while few are sitting idle. And there seems to be strong connection with the financial condition of that cricket boards.Financially stronger countries can hardly catch breath between one tour to other while financially weaker nations are not playing at all.

So when the FTP comes around why do India refuse to play the Bangles?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:18

Agree with you Holcs, completely. But don't you think there is something wrong in the FTP?

England had toured India in 2006 and they will again be touring in 2008. Now there is a lot of animosity between these two boards so this tour can't be separately arranged by these boards. Not even Australia tours England or England tours Australia after 2 years. And tell me when had Australia toured Lanka last and when are they due to tour there again?

It also seems to me, that the reasons for this are that these boards are not fussed about the cricket, but about the cash they gain from their International sides fixtures.

Don't know about other boards but BCCI is certainly only for money. It is least interested in cricket!

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:21

taipan wrote:
Chandan wrote:I'm not telling you Taips nor am I blaming SA. I am saying that there has to be something wrong with the FTP because of which few nations are rushing from one country to other to play cricket while few are sitting idle. And there seems to be strong connection with the financial condition of that cricket boards.Financially stronger countries can hardly catch breath between one tour to other while financially weaker nations are not playing at all.

So when the FTP comes around why do India refuse to play the Bangles?

Refused to play BD? We played them in 2000 in their inaugral test, then in 2004 and then in 2007. So what are you talking about? For BD's finance we have played few series apart from FTP also like Kitply cup triseries this year or TVS cup triseries in 2003!!

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:24

I think Taips is talking about India hosting Banglas for a test series.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:25

Chandan wrote:Agree with you Holcs, completely. But don't you think there is something wrong in the FTP?

England had toured India in 2006 and they will again be touring in 2008. Now there is a lot of animosity between these two boards so this tour can't be separately arranged by these boards. Not even Australia tours England or England tours Australia after 2 years. And tell me when had Australia toured Lanka last and when are they due to tour there again?

Don't know about other boards but BCCI is certainly only for money. It is least interested in cricket!

England are different in the fact that there Summer is set apart from the rest of the world. They also tend to tour on a 2/3 year cycle from memory. Except I believe for the Bangles away....

We also tend to have 2 sides play here every summer, and play two winter tours, which not any other country can manage.
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:26

I think Taips is talking about India hosting Banglas for a test series.

Is it listed in FTP? If so, I just wonder where can they find time for it. It ois absolutely jam-packed throughout the year, every year.

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:27

SG wrote:I think Taips is talking about India hosting Banglas for a test series.

Correct
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:33

holcs wrote:
Chandan wrote:Agree with you Holcs, completely. But don't you think there is something wrong in the FTP?

England are different in the fact that there Summer is set apart from the rest of the world. They also tend to tour on a 2/3 year cycle from memory. Except I believe for the Bangles away....

We also tend to have 2 sides play here every summer, and play two winter tours, which not any other country can manage.

2/3 years is too little. Your team tours Australia after every 4 years and that is the least as far as gap between two tours to the same country is concerned. Tell me about even one tour where you went to the same country just after 2 years.

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:35

taipan wrote:
Chandan wrote:
taipan wrote:

What about Pak-NZ
SL-NZ
SA-NZ
WI-NZ
Aus-NZ etc?

And the same with Pak?

You can tell many he's/she's an idiot. Indian test cricket is alive and healthy.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:37

Did we not tour India in 2006 and now are touring them in 2008?? shrug

Also its 2-3 years due to our summers being different to your from memory. I think we generally from now on tour Oz every 3 years, and play them once roughly every 2 years??
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 09 Sep 2008, 14:42

doremi wrote:
taipan wrote:
Chandan wrote:
taipan wrote:

What about Pak-NZ
SL-NZ
SA-NZ
WI-NZ
Aus-NZ etc?

And the same with Pak?

You can tell many he's/she's an idiot. Indian test cricket is alive and healthy.

Yep, the only problem is that we were debating Pak and NZ here not India.

With the BCCI it's always a case of I'm alright Jack.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next