Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KP in 'talking sense' shocker...

+4
Eric Air Emu
Chivalry Augustus
Henry
JKLever
8 posters

Go down

KP in 'talking sense' shocker... Empty KP in 'talking sense' shocker...

Post by JKLever Mon 20 Oct 2008, 18:11

Well said that man....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/7680092.stm

And although not the main headline he has a cheeky little dig at coach Moores methods too....

England skipper Kevin Pietersen has warned his players not to overdo any celebrations at the Stanford Super Series in Antigua next week.

Each England player will earn $1m (£577,500) from the Twenty20 game if they beat a Stanford Superstars XI.

Pietersen said: "I've got friends who are struggling, really struggling - people who've lost their jobs.

"There's no way I want anyone carrying on like a clown, win or lose. I'll be really angry if stuff does happen."

Pietersen, who confirmed that he will give a portion of any of his winnings to charity, said he was well aware that the current global financial crisis would heighten sensitivities around the match.

"The game's come at a really difficult time, and I 100% respect that.

"There won't be any nonsense happening in and around or after that match," he said.

"We're playing for England. Yes, there'll be people out there with their noses up, but I don't think me as captain or the lads can be blamed.

"As long as we don't carry on like clowns I don't see it being as big a problem as some people are making out.

"The message is simple and loud and clear from my point of view, which is that this trip is preparation for the series in India.

"The Stanford game will be a highly-pressured situation, as highly-pressured as playing India in India, or Australia on the first day of an Ashes Test. So it'll be a reality check for the guys on how they deal with pressure."

Pietersen also said the tour of India in November and December, on which England will play seven one-dayers and two Tests, will see the team given more free time than they had in Sri Lanka and New Zealand last winter.

"That was Moorsey's (coach Peter Moores) first winter tour, and I think we all realise that it wasn't right, the way we went about stuff," he said.

"It wasn't right in terms of the way we trained all day every day, and the boys were knackered all day and every day

"They need to perform at a high level, and in order to do that you need to have the energy levels to do so.

"It definitely won't be the same. As long as we work hard, I don't mind the guys having a bit of time off."
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

KP in 'talking sense' shocker... Empty Re: KP in 'talking sense' shocker...

Post by Henry Mon 20 Oct 2008, 18:19

He supports Chelsea and his new celebrity best mate for this month is Frank Lampard. Damn you KP if you weren't such a good batsman and England Captain it would be hard not to shoot you.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Mon 20 Oct 2008, 18:27

It's best not to judge - I'm sure I'd be even more of a cǔnt if I were rich and supremely talented. I get by by thinking 'at least he's not a girly boy like Ian Bell.'

I just about manage a complex equilibrium between like and dislike.

Though I would add that KP seems to give surprisingly decent interviews instead of the usual 'the boys done good (as Bangladesh close the 1st day on 342/0)' or 'we can still win this (chasing 666)' as all the cr@p players do.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

KP in 'talking sense' shocker... Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Mon 20 Oct 2008, 18:41

He is on a consistent saying the right things in interviews run. Surely it's going to come to a spectacular end where he praises Nazis, defends rape or admits to hunting endangered species so he can mount theior sexual organs in his special 'trophy' room.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 20 Oct 2008, 19:26

Isn't his best buddy Piers Pughe-Morgan?

He's got a lot of saying the rights things to do to make up for that appalling lapse in judgement.

Unless, of course, he's just keeping him close until he can identify his weakness and destroy him. That would be fine.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 20 Oct 2008, 22:10

I think KP is wonderful.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Bad_Bob Mon 20 Oct 2008, 22:37

Augustus wrote:It's best not to judge - I'm sure I'd be even more of a cǔnt if I were rich and supremely talented. I get by by thinking 'at least he's not a girly boy like Ian Bell.'

I just about manage a complex equilibrium between like and dislike.

Though I would add that KP seems to give surprisingly decent interviews instead of the usual 'the boys done good (as Bangladesh close the 1st day on 342/0)' or 'we can still win this (chasing 666)' as all the cr@p players do.

Even more of a 'cǔnt' than you already are, or even more of a 'cǔnt' than KP? Wink
Big_Bad_Bob
Big_Bad_Bob

KP in 'talking sense' shocker... ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3718
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 20 Oct 2008, 22:56

Augustus wrote: I get by by thinking 'at least he's not a girly boy like Ian Bell.'

Wouldn't really class Bell as a 'girly' boy tbh, just a quiet timid bloke.

Now Monty P... he runs like a girly girl.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 20 Oct 2008, 23:04

JKLever wrote:
Augustus wrote: I get by by thinking 'at least he's not a girly boy like Ian Bell.'

Wouldn't really class Bell as a 'girly' boy tbh, just a quiet timid bloke.

Now Monty P... he runs like a girly girl.

Broad looks and acts like a girly girl.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 21 Oct 2008, 00:57

I heard an excerpt of KP's press conference on the radio this am...a fantastic, worldly and humble interview that acknowledged the struggles people are going through in these strange times as the fin markets collapse....big kudos to him...while fin stocks crumble the world over, it is great to see KP's personal and genuine leadership stocks rise
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down