Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is a shortage of talent in the Indian domestic circuit

+3
SG
Makaveli
Josh Carney
7 posters

Go down

There is a shortage of talent in the Indian domestic circuit Empty There is a shortage of talent in the Indian domestic circuit

Post by Josh Carney Sun 23 Sep 2007, 23:01

These were the golden words from the Chairman of selectors Dilip Vengsarkar around the WC selection time whlst justifying the so called experienced veterans. Dilipji it appears was looking around for heores who would pile big averages and generate cults, heroes who preferrably would meet his warped biases.

In spite of BCCI and these kind of nonsensical selection logic and biases the genie is out. The genie I am referring to here is the era of the progressive Indian player fraternity who clearly are more about team and not personal glories. An era which is results focussed, fitness orientated and not afraid to do the hard work on and off the field. Most importantly the confidence of the progresses the nation is making in other fields is starting to finally show in the Cricketing front. Ready to take on the World in short.

Watched the OZ - India match in full, first live cricket featuring India for over a year and what a treat it was.

Yuvraj is not Yuvraj anymore, he is the undisputed Badshah of this form. Having faltered for a few years after his great start at Kenya he seems to have gotten back on track with a greater focus, intentisy and even improved fitness.

Viru looks fit too. Not sure about Irfan still looks like he is getting puffed out after 4 overs.

Dhoni also impressed me with his Captaincy and in particular when he gave it to Ravi "hidden agenda" Shastri at the preso.

All in all good times ahead for Indian Cricket by the looks of it now that BCCI 's monopoly has been challenged and the young talent genie is out.

Hopefully even the slow witted selectors will not continue recycling old dead wood as they did with the WC.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

There is a shortage of talent in the Indian domestic circuit Empty Re: There is a shortage of talent in the Indian domestic circuit

Post by Makaveli Sun 23 Sep 2007, 23:32

Aye some of the younger guys look good, i like Uthappa and Rohit Sharma, also think Dhoni is the captain for India in all forms.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

There is a shortage of talent in the Indian domestic circuit Empty Re: There is a shortage of talent in the Indian domestic circuit

Post by SG Mon 24 Sep 2007, 05:13

Dhoni is the captain for India in all forms.
Same is happening in Pak as well.

Shoaib Malik seems to be a whiff of fresh air in post-Inzi period.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 24 Sep 2007, 06:40

Makaveli wrote:Aye some of the younger guys look good, i like Uthappa and Rohit Sharma, also think Dhoni is the captain for India in all forms.
On Dhoni's captaincy not sure about all forms. I still have question marks. Plus I get the feeling that regional forces will go to work against him and make it tough. It will require a lot of mental discipline to ride those out.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 25 Sep 2007, 09:53

Josh Carney wrote:These were the golden words from the Chairman of selectors Dilip Vengsarkar around the WC selection time whlst justifying the so called experienced veterans. Dilipji it appears was looking around for heores who would pile big averages and generate cults, heroes who preferrably would meet his warped biases.

In spite of BCCI and these kind of nonsensical selection logic and biases the genie is out. The genie I am referring to here is the era of the progressive Indian player fraternity who clearly are more about team and not personal glories. An era which is results focussed, fitness orientated and not afraid to do the hard work on and off the field. Most importantly the confidence of the progresses the nation is making in other fields is starting to finally show in the Cricketing front. Ready to take on the World in short.

Watched the OZ - India match in full, first live cricket featuring India for over a year and what a treat it was.

Yuvraj is not Yuvraj anymore, he is the undisputed Badshah of this form. Having faltered for a few years after his great start at Kenya he seems to have gotten back on track with a greater focus, intentisy and even improved fitness.

Viru looks fit too. Not sure about Irfan still looks like he is getting puffed out after 4 overs.

Dhoni also impressed me with his Captaincy and in particular when he gave it to Ravi "hidden agenda" Shastri at the preso.

All in all good times ahead for Indian Cricket by the looks of it now that BCCI 's monopoly has been challenged and the young talent genie is out.

Hopefully even the slow witted selectors will not continue recycling old dead wood as they did with the WC.

Talk about kisses of death to Yuvi and Viru. No wonder Irfan bowled so well. Smile
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 25 Sep 2007, 09:57

I think India is producing the best young (18-22) cricketers in the world, followed by Pakistan and then Bangladesh.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 25 Sep 2007, 10:03

Henry wrote:I think India is producing the best young (18-22) cricketers in the world, followed by Pakistan and then Bangladesh.

Only if you believe their "birth certificates" . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 25 Sep 2007, 10:13

Not sure about Irfan still looks like he is getting puffed out after 4 overs.
He was easily India's second best bowler in this WC.

I think he'll do OK if given chance in Indian team.

Major plus for him is that Chappell isn't Indian coach anymore.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 25 Sep 2007, 10:13

Henry wrote:I think India is producing the best young (18-22) cricketers in the world, followed by Pakistan and then Bangladesh.
Nothing that a few burning effigies won't fix after a couple of appearances

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 25 Sep 2007, 10:17

Viru looks fit too.
Does he?

I think he has put on even more weight.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 25 Sep 2007, 10:23

One thing he has lost is a lot of hair.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 25 Sep 2007, 10:30

Is it a coincidnce that all this time when Yuvi has been an unfit shit batsman with the physique of a pregnant woman from Josh's point of view he has been one of our best bats, and the moment he starts praising him Yuvi loses his touch?
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Wed 26 Sep 2007, 01:55

SG wrote:
Not sure about Irfan still looks like he is getting puffed out after 4 overs.
He was easily India's second best bowler in this WC.

I think he'll do OK if given chance in Indian team.

Major plus for him is that Chappell isn't Indian coach anymore.
He still appears out of breath and sweating heavily even after 4 overs. The longer version will test him out I reckon. Also I am still not sure Yuvi is 100 % fit. He needs to lost a few more pounds / trim around the waist to get back to full fitness.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Wed 26 Sep 2007, 02:01

doremi wrote:Is it a coincidnce that all this time when Yuvi has been an unfit shit batsman with the physique of a pregnant woman from Josh's point of view he has been one of our best bats, and the moment he starts praising him Yuvi loses his touch?
Have pointed out to his lack of fitness. I have not complained about his batting skills in the shorter form am yet to be convinced about his batting in the longer form. So let us get put the comments into context instead of madly thrashing.

Never signed the kiss of death on Viru. Have been a big supporter of Viru other than his loss of fitness.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down