Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hayden. How many does he need to save his career again?

+7
Gary 111
OP Tipping
Nath
Henry
skully
freddled gruntbuggly
Zat
11 posters

Go down

Hayden.  How many does he need to save his career again? Empty Hayden. How many does he need to save his career again?

Post by Zat Sun 28 Dec 2008, 08:00

I think nothing short of batting to tea and going for about 40 an hour.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Hayden.  How many does he need to save his career again? Empty Re: Hayden. How many does he need to save his career again?

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Sun 28 Dec 2008, 08:17

Save his career? Hell, the bugger had a hard enough time surviving the three overs until stumps, no point thinking about a career.
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Hayden.  How many does he need to save his career again? 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2959
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Hayden.  How many does he need to save his career again? Empty Re: Hayden. How many does he need to save his career again?

Post by skully Sun 28 Dec 2008, 08:43

I think he's gawwwwwn. But to answer the question, I'd think a quick 70+ to get us away to a fast start would be a minimum.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105888
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 28 Dec 2008, 09:31

Even if he gets a score, surely he should take the opportunity to retire whilst he has some dignity left? Even in his prime, he was shit in South Africa and England.

I think regardless of how many he makes tomorrow, Sydney will be his last test.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 28 Dec 2008, 09:36

100+
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11959
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Sun 28 Dec 2008, 09:43

Oh, Gawd, I've only been back in here two hours and already I'm agreeing with Mudge.
Please, take me out the back and shoot me . . .
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Sun 28 Dec 2008, 09:48

Forget about saving his career. If he makes a ton in this innings and another at Sydney, he'll retire with some dignity.
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Hayden.  How many does he need to save his career again? Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Sun 28 Dec 2008, 09:53

Nothing short of 106 in the drawn Sidney test and a series average of 19.60 in the Ashes will save Hayden now.....
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Sun 28 Dec 2008, 10:05

OP Tipping wrote:Forget about saving his career. If he makes a ton in this innings and another at Sydney, he'll retire with some dignity.
They way he looked tonight, that's about as likely as a Little Johnny Howard apology.
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 28 Dec 2008, 14:13

freddled gruntbuggly wrote:Oh, Gawd, I've only been back in here two hours and already I'm agreeing with Mudge.
Please, take me out the back and shoot me . . .

Where is that bloody shooting emoticon when you need it?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Sun 28 Dec 2008, 14:49

suicide
JB
JB

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 28 Dec 2008, 18:40

OP Tipping wrote:Forget about saving his career. If he makes a ton in this innings and another at Sydney, he'll retire with some dignity.
But there's the rub. If he does that, then he'll play on towards the Ashes, because the selectors don't have the cojones to drop him. Or any other non-performing old hack for that matter.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniyan Sun 28 Dec 2008, 19:49

how's his cooking skills? Can he open up few a Resturants and become Aussie Ramsey? He's got plenty of F words for sure.............
Anniyan
Anniyan

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : sl

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 29 Dec 2008, 00:06

I bet they don't drop him for Sydney, even though he needed a shitload more than he got today.

And the commentators all bleating about how he was playing aggressively. FFS, it was aggressive play going wrong that kept messing him up.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 29 Dec 2008, 00:11

And he will now leave with no dignity whatsoever. The Aus selectors have been well and truly blasted in today's papers, so it will be interesting to see if they have the balls to ruthlessly dump Hayden before he announces his retirement.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Mon 29 Dec 2008, 00:14

Australian selectors having balls??? Your 'aving a Laugh..

Blackadder

Hayden.  How many does he need to save his career again? ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down