Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India and Sri Lanka to arrange tour for Jan or Feb..

+12
Batman
embee
Zat
horace
SG
JKLever
DJ_Smerk
Chandan
doremi
PlanetPakistan
The One
rey
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

India and Sri Lanka to arrange tour for Jan or Feb.. - Page 4 Empty Re: India and Sri Lanka to arrange tour for Jan or Feb..

Post by rey Tue 13 Jan 2009, 16:53

Of course its to do with money.

The whole ten year deal between these nations ensured Sri Lankas financial future was secured.
rey
rey

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2007-10-09
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

India and Sri Lanka to arrange tour for Jan or Feb.. - Page 4 Empty Re: India and Sri Lanka to arrange tour for Jan or Feb..

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 13 Jan 2009, 17:30

rey wrote:Of course its to do with money.

The whole ten year deal between these nations ensured Sri Lankas financial future was secured.

obviously its dirty business but i would like to know what the S Lankans who care about SL cricket think about the following

"We are to propose that India play five one-dayers and a Twenty20 match on this tour", he further added.

Apparently, some officials in the BCCI wanted to be "absolutely sure" that sacked Sri Lanka Cricket Board chief World Cup-winning captain and Member of Parliament Arjuna Ranatunga would not be allowed to make a comeback as chairman of the sport’️s governing.

"Don't worry, I have removed Arjuna Ranatunga as a chairman of the interim committee and he is not likely to be at the helm again", Lokuge said.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 14 Jan 2009, 05:51

PlanetPakistan wrote:
rey wrote:Of course its to do with money.

obviously its dirty business but i would like to know what the S Lankans who care about SL cricket think about the following

"We are to propose that India play five one-dayers and a Twenty20 match on this tour", he further added.

Apparently, some officials in the BCCI wanted to be "absolutely sure" that sacked Sri Lanka Cricket Board chief World Cup-winning captain and Member of Parliament Arjuna Ranatunga would not be allowed to make a comeback as chairman of the sport’️s governing.

"Don't worry, I have removed Arjuna Ranatunga as a chairman of the interim committee and he is not likely to be at the helm again", Lokuge said.

I would worry more about the number of time Pak Govts change PCB's administrations and the way ad hoc commitees are created at the drop of a hat. I would also worry more about tainted cricketers being given chances after chances despite causing humiliation to their teams and boards at every available opportunity.....
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 06:50

Batman wrote:
I would worry more about the number of time Pak Govts change PCB's administrations and the way ad hoc commitees are created at the drop of a hat. I would also worry more about tainted cricketers being given chances after chances despite causing humiliation to their teams and boards at every available opportunity.....

you can keep worrying...every one knows PCB is a joke of an organization.

My question about SL still stands.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 14 Jan 2009, 06:55

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Batman wrote:

you can keep worrying...

My question still stands...

I am least worried for Pak cricket. As things stand the whole Asian Cricket body and it's boards are all sick jokes. Thats not my point. If Pak has issues with Lanka itenerary, then take it with Lankan board. No point blaming BCCI and SLB insinuating corruption when Pak's PCB itself sits on most corrupt practices, Govt. interference and cover ups day in and day out. I don't see the point of dragging BCCI, despicable they may be, into everything.

Last edited by Batman on Wed 14 Jan 2009, 06:57; edited 1 time in total
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 06:56

Chandan wrote:
taipan wrote:
Chandan wrote:
And apparantly it is in exchange of a ten year deal money between SL cricket board and BCCI which has something to do with ICL and IPL.

Fixed.

Nope!! Wrong. It has nothing to do with money. They are doing it to take the commitment of SL board on IPL, ICL front. They'll be giving a bail-out sum of about 45million dollars to SL cricket board. I suppose they had gone ahead with this deal few months back but Ranatunga derailed it for some reason. Now it has been stamped out!

Maybe Chandan's post makes sense to someone.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 07:16

Batman wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
Batman wrote:

you can keep worrying...

I am least worried for Pak cricket. As things stand the whole Asian Cricket body and it's boards are all sick jokes. Thats not my point. If Pak has issues with Lanka itenerary, then take it with Lankan board. No point blaming BCCI and SLB insinuating corruption when Pak's PCB itself sits on most corrupt practices, Govt. interference and cover ups day in and day out. I don't see the point of dragging BCCI, despicable they may be, into everything.

umm....talk about being defensive, other than that you aren't making much sense.

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 07:21

Vikas,

I think you need stop assuming that i will blindly start defending the actions of a corrupt and spineless organization like PCB.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 14 Jan 2009, 07:28

good riddance to tunga. was a pain in the arse

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 07:35

The One wrote:good riddance to tunga. was a pain in the arse

Oh, so you have met him?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 14 Jan 2009, 07:36

NZC has reportedly agreed to add a test to what was initially a 2-test series.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 14 Jan 2009, 07:42

yeah. tour will start a week earlier

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 07:46

edit: wrong thread
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 14 Jan 2009, 07:47

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Batman wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
Batman wrote:

you can keep worrying...

umm....talk about being defensive, other than that you aren't making much sense.

Yeah? And it makes sense when you insinuate corruption and politics in SLB because they seem to be towing BCCI line for money? Every board out there is ugly when it comes to money and most boards out there has dirty politics. So what's the deal? Lankan Board is bankrupt and India is giving it chance to earn some while they cover up losses of not playing Pak away from TV revenue. What's politics got to do with it? It's plain business, one every cricket board would think of in case they too were in the same situation. Lets not mix issues up.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 08:01

Batman wrote:

Yeah? And it makes sense when you insinuate corruption and politics in SLB because they seem to be towing BCCI line for money? Every board out there is ugly when it comes to money and most boards out there has dirty politics. So what's the deal? Lankan Board is bankrupt and India is giving it chance to earn some while they cover up losses of not playing Pak away from TV revenue. What's politics got to do with it? It's plain business, one every cricket board would think of in case they too were in the same situation. Lets not mix issues up.
umm....

Why are so deeply hurt by the fact that i want to know what Lankans think about R'tunga's rather disgraceful removal?

oh and BTW Lankan board isn't bankrupt, they recently hosted BOTH India and England. Just a few months ago IND played 5 ODIs and 3 tests in SL....
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 14 Jan 2009, 08:16

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Batman wrote:

umm....

Why are so deeply hurt by the fact that i want to know what Lankans think about R'tunga's rather disgraceful removal?

oh and BTW Lankan board isn't bankrupt, they recently hosted BOTH India and England. Just a few months ago IND played 5 ODIs and 3 tests in SL....

I am not deeply hurt. Just putting some perspective to what you called 'politics' and 'good of Lankan Cricket'.

When Ranatunga was in charge he did announce SLCB was bankrupt and they didn't have money to pay their players and that they had asked for a loan from BCCI and that deals were worked out to help finance Lankan cricket before Ranatunga turned rebel and derailed the alliance. I doubt a couple of series can make a board that ran on bank overdrafts a good 6 months back that rich overnight once all debits and credits are accounted for. I doubt the bottomline is that near yet and that they don't need any money India games can generate. If that is the logic than I am sure that the Lanka tour will make PCB's economic health quite healthy and hearty....
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 08:28

1- R'tunga allowed the ICL players to play in domestic cricket...that was his biggest "mistake".

2- Tours of IND and ENG don't GREATLY help finanical matters? surely you are having a laugh.

3- Yes PAK's finanical situation will improve with a tour of SL but no where NEAR as much as it would have had IND toured

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/386332.html
"Butt claimed the board's reserves had been halved over the last two years, in thinly-veiled digs at the administration of Nasim Ashraf, from whom he took over in October last year.

"It stood at $42 million in October 2006, but when I took over as the chairman in October last year it was just $19 million," Butt told the senate standing committee on sports. "Our finances are in terrible shape and that's why we have shelved all the development plans."

India's cancellation of their tour to Pakistan this month hasn't helped matters, denting the board further to the tune of at least US$40 million and though Sri Lanka has replaced them and agreed to tour, the series will raise little - US$500,000 - compared to the effect an India series has. In the past - notably 2003-04 - when the board was in financial trouble, a series against the neighbours revived the situation completely.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 14 Jan 2009, 11:09

If the BCCI are giving the SL board money, they should at the very least expect them not to pander to the ICL. No wonder they wanted Ranatunga out.

Also there was no other choice when it came to the the Pak tour.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 14 Jan 2009, 12:06

doremi wrote:Also there was no other choice when it came to the the Pak tour.

and there is not going to be a pak tour till we see some real results

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 12:36

SG wrote:
Board has requested Cricket New Zealand to add one Test to Indian team’s itinerary.
If it comes through it would be a great news as we're not playing much test cricket in '09, compared to '08 anyway.

Okay, so it is confirmed that we'll have an extra test at Napier but it'll be at the expense of the only practice game we were going to have before the tests.

Napier to host extra India-NZ Test: Report

Accordingly, Hamilton will host the first Test from March 19, and not March 26 as was originally scheduled, followed by the match in Napier from March 26. Wellington will host the third Test from April 3, as was originally decided.

With the three-match Test series starting a week earlier than planned, NZC would have to reschedule the five-match ODI series which was to finish on March 20, the report said.

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 14 Jan 2009, 12:38

Ooh, not sure I like that at all. Just as well we have ODIs before the test series.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 12:42

doremi wrote:Ooh, not sure I like that at all. Just as well we have ODIs before the test series.

Why do you not like it? confused

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 14 Jan 2009, 12:45

Our ODI side is a little different from our test side, and the players would be playing tests after a reasonably big break. Immediately thrusting them, especially Dravid, in NZ conditions doesn't sound too appealing.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 14:09

They don't have any other option. Sending Dravid and Laxman too with the one day squad won't be a bad idea.

Chandan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 14 Jan 2009, 15:46

What the heck!

Now Faisalabad is off the schedule to make the tour even shorter Rolling Eyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakvsl/content/story/386389.html
Sri Lanka's itinerary for a three-match trip to Pakistan has been revised once again, at the request of the Sri Lankan cricket board.

The three ODIs will now be played in Karachi and Lahore, with the port city hosting the first two ODIs back-to-back. "We have received a request from SLC for the change and it has been agreed upon," Salim Altaf, chief operating officer PCB, told Cricinfo.

In the new schedule, Sri Lanka arrive in Karachi as planned on January 18. Karachi's National Stadium then hosts the first two ODIs on January 20 and 21. The third ODI will be played in Lahore on January 24 before the visitors return home a day later, to complete a quickfire week-long trip. Faisalabad - or Multan - thus miss out as a venue

Altaf gave no reason for the latest change but it is likely that the confirmation of a five-match ODI series between Sri Lanka and India has been factored in. The two agreed yesterday to India's tour, which will include a Twenty20 international as well.

Sri Lanka will return after the I
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next