Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symonds enters "the final chapter" of career

+7
G.Wood
embee
Henry
furriner
LeFromage
PeterCS
OP Tipping
11 posters

Go down

Symonds enters "the final chapter" of career Empty Symonds enters "the final chapter" of career

Post by OP Tipping Fri 23 Jan 2009, 00:37

Symonds entering 'final chapter' of career

Cricinfo staff

January 22, 2009

Andrew Symonds has said retirement is not on his immediate radar but he does believe he is entering the "final chapter" of his cricket career. Symonds, 33, is likely to line up for Queensland next week as he returns following knee surgery, if his comeback for his club side on the weekend goes to plan.

He will be preparing for February's tour of South Africa, where he will be without his great mate Matthew Hayden, who retired following the home Test series. Symonds took a trip to Hayden's holiday house on Stradbroke Island to see how his friend was handling retirement.

"I went over to Straddie and saw him a couple of days ago, he's very relaxed," Symonds told AAP. However, Symonds said Hayden's situation had not yet sparked retirement thoughts of his own.

"The day that I am worn out either physically or mentally I will just say 'that will do me'," he said. "I haven't put a time limit as to when I finish playing. Hopefully I can go on my terms rather than injury or lack of form. There's only so many tokens left. Hopefully I can use them effectively and have a good end to my career."

The finish looked like it might have been forced upon him after his fishing trip in Darwin in August, when he was stood down from the national squad. He missed the tour of India but returned for the home summer and he is aiming to now look forward rather than back.

"Hopefully I can leave the past behind me, we can make this a new chapter," Symonds said. "I feel like this is the final chapter of my cricketing career coming up so hopefully I can play some good cricket, finish well and look back on my career which has been interesting but also very enjoyable."

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/387389.html
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Symonds enters "the final chapter" of career Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Symonds enters "the final chapter" of career Empty Re: Symonds enters "the final chapter" of career

Post by PeterCS Fri 23 Jan 2009, 00:38

He's had so many new chapters he's like a crime thriller gone wrong.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Symonds enters "the final chapter" of career Empty Re: Symonds enters "the final chapter" of career

Post by LeFromage Fri 23 Jan 2009, 00:45

Is his career a pop-up book?
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Fri 23 Jan 2009, 00:48

"There's only so many tokens left."

Gold.
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Fri 23 Jan 2009, 02:55

Yeah I noticed that. Laughing

Hall of fame quote. Or something.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 23 Jan 2009, 03:00

His test days may be over.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 23 Jan 2009, 03:01

Surely his final chapter is a couple of seasons of IPL after he retires from proper cricket
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26214
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 23 Jan 2009, 03:02

Nah, that would be Un-Australian of him, surely.....
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 23 Jan 2009, 03:05

more importantly, he's supposedly shedding the dreadies next month
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 23 Jan 2009, 03:07

confirmed...heard an interview with him this am...he is doing the shave for the cure thing
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fri 23 Jan 2009, 03:27

He wants to be out of the country when he's bald. He seems very confident that he'll get a gig on the SA tour.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 23 Jan 2009, 03:50

I think the goat will also be saffie bound
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Fri 23 Jan 2009, 04:03

I'm sure that 8 weeks IPL for a million dollars a year, followed by 44 weeks fishing, is starting to look like a good option for him.
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 26 Jan 2009, 05:50

The final chapter of his Aus career could be written tomorrow.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 27 Jan 2009, 06:29

Linky link...

He's been charged and faces a hearing Thursday.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 27 Jan 2009, 06:51

I've heard conflicting reports. Fairfax papers are saying that he'll be let off with a warning and possibly a fine, but will tour South Africa. News ltd on the other hand, are reporting that he could have his contract torn up. Who is right?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 27 Jan 2009, 07:00

Given that Fairfax is inevitable conservative in its views, and News Ltd print the Sydney and Melbourne Small Papers For Stoopid People, they're both being predictable.

As for right? Hard to say.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 27 Jan 2009, 07:05

The man's clearly a train wreck.

Maybe it's time to cut our losses, accept the fact that we will be sh!t for a while, but start the rebuilding now.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105955

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 27 Jan 2009, 07:06

skully wrote:Maybe it's time to cut our losses, accept the fact that we now suck, and will be sh!t for a while, but start the rebuilding now.
Fixed.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 27 Jan 2009, 07:16

Potato-potarto.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105955

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down