Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An email to the ECB against Ian Bell's selection

+4
PeterCS
JKLever
LeFromage
Henry
8 posters

Go down

An email to the ECB against Ian Bell's selection Empty An email to the ECB against Ian Bell's selection

Post by Henry Fri 30 Jan 2009, 23:58

I will be writing a strongly worded email to the ECB if Ian Bell is selected for the first test against the West Indies on February 4th. I'll probably get a pre prepared reply written by some gormless secretary, but oh well. I just feel that I can't sit around and accept that this guy can get picked time after time whilst the thoroughly deserving Owais Shah remains on the sidelines. It's harming English cricket, and is blatently exposing a fact that if you are 'in' with the right people in the England set up, you are basically 'looked after' no matter how you perform. It's not right, and I need to tell them that it's not right.

Anyone with me?

*Of course, if Bell is dropped, I will refrain from sending the email......At least for the time being.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

An email to the ECB against Ian Bell's selection Empty Re: An email to the ECB against Ian Bell's selection

Post by LeFromage Sat 31 Jan 2009, 00:20

Or you could just change the name in your mail from Bell to Harmison. Or Anderson. Or pretty much just about any of them, the useless bozos.

Alternatively, you could just not bother. Won't make any difference to anything.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

An email to the ECB against Ian Bell's selection Empty Re: An email to the ECB against Ian Bell's selection

Post by JKLever Sat 31 Jan 2009, 00:24

Send it off.

I think Danny sent one to the ECB calling David Gravy all the names under the sun...
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat 31 Jan 2009, 00:28

It was worth sending The Grave mails though, as his orange skin was as thin as tissue paper and he was prone to replying to a number of people (in the media and cricketing fraternity rather than the general shit-munching populous) to "thrash it out".

Don't think he bothered with Danny, though. Probably just filed it under "fair comment" and went and downed a bottle of Merlot.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 31 Jan 2009, 00:34

Dear ECB,

A name is ringing in my ears. One of our players - you know who it is as well as I do - keeps tinkering round. He always drops a clanger whenever there's a ding-dong battle going on out there. His little legs may go like the clappers, but still he's dung.

Look, it's as clear as a .... nose on your face. What a farkin LIBERTY that he's out there at all. Frankly, I'm alarmed. Even Quasimodo would shun him.

Got the message? Good.

Thank you

T Mudge (Obliged)
(Secretary) One-Man Barmy Army.

PS: If you want more advice, just give us a ...... on 07710-666 -666
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 31 Jan 2009, 00:59

Bellicose critics.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38084
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 31 Jan 2009, 01:13

Belligerent indeed.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sat 31 Jan 2009, 01:14

Bell's Palsy?
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sat 31 Jan 2009, 04:22

Belladonna, rather.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Sat 31 Jan 2009, 13:47

Danny and I both sent emails to Geoff Miller a while back. Both of us got th same, preprepared response.

We posted them both on here, so lardy could probably rekindle that thread, as he's the king of that.
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 31 Jan 2009, 13:59

Bell-t up.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2009, 20:03

PeterCS wrote:Dear ECB,

A name is ringing in my ears. One of our players - you know who it is as well as I do - keeps tinkering round. He always drops a clanger whenever there's a ding-dong battle going on out there. His little legs may go like the clappers, but still he's dung.

Look, it's as clear as a .... nose on your face. What a farkin LIBERTY that he's out there at all. Frankly, I'm alarmed. Even Quasimodo would shun him.

Got the message? Good.

Thank you

T Mudge (Obliged)
(Secretary) One-Man Barmy Army.

PS: If you want more advice, just give us a ...... on 07710-666 -666

That is probably a real number. 07777 777777 had a ringing tone. So did 07888 888888.

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 02 Oct 2010, 01:27

clearly indignant emails from shoe salesmen just don't cut the mustard

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 02 Oct 2010, 04:32

Actually I believe he was dropped 2 weeks later in the Caribbean.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 02 Oct 2010, 05:11

But he'll be smashing Aussie bowlers to all parts during the Ashes.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 02 Oct 2010, 05:22

Henry wrote:Actually I believe he was dropped 2 weeks later in the Caribbean.

just had a holiday then

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down