Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . .

+18
Chivalry Augustus
Henry
eowyn
furriner
Brass Monkey
GordoninPortsmouth
Merlin
skully
OP Tipping
Bradman
PeterCS
beamer
Big_Bad_Bob
Zat
Gary 111
LeFromage
JKLever
tac
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How will it end up?

Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Vote_lcap0%Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Vote_lcap15%Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Vote_lcap11%Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Vote_lcap48%Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 13 ]
Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Vote_lcap26%Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 27

Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Empty Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . .

Post by tac Thu 12 Mar 2009, 22:54

Well . . . how are feeling after the recent results in Jaapan and the Windies?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Empty Re: Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . .

Post by JKLever Thu 12 Mar 2009, 22:58

Aus 3-1

Though I remain optimistic (against the odds, but given my reasoning in the 'where now for England' thread) that we may surprise Aus if we can get past Lords all square...
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Empty Re: Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . .

Post by tac Thu 12 Mar 2009, 23:01

Indeed . . . it will be closer than most now assume . . . unless we can induce a few dropped catches from Prior to balance his powerful batting . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 12 Mar 2009, 23:02

3-zip, Convicts.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Thu 12 Mar 2009, 23:02

Exactly what I was going to say - Australia 3-1.

Aus to take the first two, England rally in the third, but a bit of rain and then they well and truly fark it up in the 5th and lose by an innings.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 12 Mar 2009, 23:32

I refuse to pin my colours to the mast on this. Prior to the 05 Ashes I made a comment and was blamed by many Aussies for woofing and the Ashes loss. But I reckon taccy's onto something, it'll be closer than many are hinting at present.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Bad_Bob Thu 12 Mar 2009, 23:41

England are capable of making a game of it.

Some big issues to sort to do so, however.

They probably won't, so depending on the weather, somewhere between 2-0 and 4-1 to Oz.
Big_Bad_Bob
Big_Bad_Bob

Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3718
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Thu 12 Mar 2009, 23:49

I think I'd go for 3-1 Australia, with two wins and a rain-affected or road-affected draw in the first three, sealing it in the fourth then an England win at the Oval when it doesn't really matter.

Australia only 8/11 for the series, I think that's remarkably long odds. Much better return than the banks and probably almost as secure an investment...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 13 Mar 2009, 00:09

Zat wrote:I refuse to pin my colours to the mast on this. Prior to the 05 Ashes I made a comment and was blamed by many Aussies for woofing and the Ashes loss. But I reckon taccy's onto something, it'll be closer than many are hinting at present.

The man of the moment ...
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 13 Mar 2009, 00:09

No comment. Too early to call.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 13 Mar 2009, 01:06

PeterCS wrote:
Zat wrote:I refuse to pin my colours to the mast on this. Prior to the 05 Ashes I made a comment and was blamed by many Aussies for woofing and the Ashes loss. But I reckon taccy's onto something, it'll be closer than many are hinting at present.

The man of the moment ...
He'll have a bilnder then.

I must learn to use my powers appropriately.
I must learn to use my powers appropriately...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 13 Mar 2009, 01:14

4 zip because apparently we'll be doing our training indoors sans loose balls.

I'd say 5 zip but there's no Warnie.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by OP Tipping Fri 13 Mar 2009, 03:25

I am more confident than I was a month ago.

2-2
OP Tipping
OP Tipping

Ashes predictions . . . vote early, vote often . . . Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4680
Registration date : 2008-01-10
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:00

Sad
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105977
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:14

If Gump is fit and the other 3 (Midge, Cot and Milf) can stay fit, I think our guns are bigger than England's bowling armory.

On that basis I'd vote for Aus to retain the Ashes by a 1 or more Test margin.

[anti-woof hex applied]
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:19

Skull, if Freddie is near top form and if SiJo makes a successful comeback as threatened (yeah, 2 massive "ifs"), it will go down to the wire.

In many ways, I hope both the above are fit and bowling, as it will make for another excellent series . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:28

tac wrote:Skull, if Freddie is near top form and if SiJo makes a successful comeback as threatened (yeah, 2 massive "ifs"), it will go down to the wire.

In many ways, I hope both the above are fit and bowling, as it will make for another excellent series . . .
After seeing the slow-mo of Cot hitting the crease and the massive jarring that he suffers, I reckon a bigger man like Fred has no hope of ongoing and prolonged fitness.

But point taken. If everything falls into place for England (sorta like it did in 05) and we are off our game, then England are a chance.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:30

But one things for sure. Ponting won't let us swagger onto the English shores like we did in 05, assuming a foregone conclusion.

2005 and summer 2008-09 were the wake-ups we had to have.

Last edited by skully on Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:30; edited 1 time in total
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:30

skully wrote:If Gump is fit and the other 3 (Midge, Cot and Milf) can stay fit, I think our guns are bigger than England's bowling armory.

[anti-woof hex applied]
If we lose, you can still cop the blame. There's no such thing as an anti-woof hex. Razz

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:31

Zat wrote:
skully wrote:If Gump is fit and the other 3 (Midge, Cot and Milf) can stay fit, I think our guns are bigger than England's bowling armory.

[anti-woof hex applied]
If we lose, you can still cop the blame. There's no such thing as an anti-woof hex. Razz
HTFU.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:31

skully wrote:But one things for sure. Ponting won't let us swagger onto the English shores like we did in 05, assuming a foregone conclusion.

Aye. At least we hope that's the case. I still don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:32

Bradman wrote:4 zip because apparently we'll be doing our training indoors sans loose balls.

I'd say 5 zip but there's no Warnie.
Besides, qmy posted the above before I entered the fray. So it'll all be his fault. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:34

It's more fun to blame you, Mr goody-two-shoes.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:36

Zat wrote:
skully wrote:But one things for sure. Ponting won't let us swagger onto the English shores like we did in 05, assuming a foregone conclusion.

Aye. At least we hope that's the case. I still don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed.
The fact that he is not the sharpest tool in the shed goes unchallenged. But We certainly had an air of "you may as well hand us the Ashes now" after the 1st Test win.

The new blood + Nielsen + the reinvigorated Ponting with his new team should mean 100% commitment.

How well Hughes and Fleas deal with any movement and English plans could be a big factor. MtFTB's arrogance was the main reason we lost Ashes 05. Young Phews will not have an arrogant bone in his body, and we know that Fleas puts a very high price on his wicket these days.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 13 Mar 2009, 05:37

Zat wrote:It's more fun to blame you, Mr goody-two-shoes.
If we lose, it's my shout next time we meet. drunken
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next