Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the story with the Reputation Buttons?

+31
CT
buckSH
Jontyh
Demelza
WideWally
freddled gruntbuggly
Lara Lara Laughs
LeFromage
Zat
Brass Monkey
Invader Zim
JB
embee
Henry
HH_pink
furriner
doremi
skully
tac
eowyn
horace
taipan
Merlin
DJ_Smerk
lardbucket
Basil
PeterCS
JKLever
*Buckaroo*
Chivalry Augustus
Batman
35 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Whats the story with the Reputation Buttons? Empty Whats the story with the Reputation Buttons?

Post by Batman Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:20 pm

I see a green bar at the right corner below the Quote function and a mouseover it suggests a number of votes I recieved from people. I see a plus and minus sign for the rest of the folks here. What is this upgrade for? How does it work? What is clicking + or minus here going to achieve in terms of voting?

On the whole this tool looks like one for mischief and nothing else.

:?:
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Whats the story with the Reputation Buttons? Empty Re: Whats the story with the Reputation Buttons?

Post by Batman Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:23 pm

It appears that there are green bars and red bars. Is it the result of someone clicking plus or minus signs?

Curiouser and Curiouser said Alice......

study

Does this work at an individual post level or does it effect overall for a forummer ratings of some kind?

Last edited by Batman on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Whats the story with the Reputation Buttons? Empty Re: Whats the story with the Reputation Buttons?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:28 pm

It's simple. If you like a post you click the + and if you don't like a post you click the -
This creates the green and red bars.

There doesn't seem to be statistics that ultimately show who is in the lead!
Don't really see the point of any of the changes, but then I would say that wouldn't I as I'm not allowed them! I can't vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Right. So some troll already marked my post starting this thread negative just for fun even if it is meant to benefit most forummers who might have doubts about this whole needless upgrade. Just justifies my comment about this tool being ripe for mischief and misuse. people can just give negative ratings to a post for fun without considering it's merits in acse they don't like the forummer. End if. It's still a useless tool that isn't adding a value save being a nuisance is all.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:45 pm

Reputation buttons? We hadn't noticed.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Whats the story with the Reputation Buttons? Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:48 pm

Augustus wrote:Reputation buttons? We hadn't noticed.

So many damn new features that serve no purpose. It would be a nuisance seeing so many red and green bars at the post side if people just went click happy.....

Mad
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:50 pm

Batman, it's all been discussed before Here

Whats the story with the Reputation Buttons? Yawn10

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:51 pm

Can someone give a positive vote on the top post where someone has voted minus? Or a -ve vote to Dem's post? Seems like you can vote a post only once. This is for R&D to see if a +ve and -ve vote is given to the same post, what happens. What status sign is seen?
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Demelza wrote:Batman, it's all been discussed before Here

Whats the story with the Reputation Buttons? Yawn10

Thanks. I only like saw the signs today and going through 23 pages was going to be tiresome. I think we get proportionate red and green divisions depending on the votes.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:48 pm

You saw the signs today because you got into positive today ?

slowly and sneakily this forum is turning out to be a C4 varient just much less transparent.

If there are indeed rep buttons it should be shared for all, and not just a select few deigned by some mysterious process.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:50 pm

Batman wrote:
On the whole this tool looks like one for mischief and nothing else.

Bingo.

Have a minus....
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:54 pm

So you have big bunch of racist aus and Eng postors who will ensure that they put the darkies and uppity womenfolk in their place.

this is ABC yobbo paradise.

Looks like we have been thrown back to disenfranchised 60s in US when women didn't have a vote and slaves couldn't sit in buses.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:57 pm

*Buckaroo* wrote:You saw the signs today because you got into positive today ?

slowly and sneakily this forum is turning out to be a C4 varient just much less transparent.

If there are indeed rep buttons it should be shared for all, and not just a select few deigned by some mysterious process.

I don't know. For some reasons, I can't see all the gifs and jpegs that make up for buttons on the forum like quote, PM etc. at office. I can see the pages more clearly at home internet. I haven't accessed the forum at home due to too many late office days and as a result, I am not sure if it was there before and I couldn't view it properly. I am working freelance at home today and just acessed forum from home after a long time and saw it.

That said, do you mean to say you can't see the + and - buttons? I think you can see others buttons and not your own since you can't vote for your ownself. You will see a status only if someone votes for you as others can see your button.

Actually I saw it on your posts earlier a couple of hours back. Now except those who have got votes, I cannot see it anywhere at all. Is there a limit to how many votes can be made or how many times you see it on logon? Or did JD lock it away suddenly?

Last edited by Batman on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:00 am

Do you still have it after the Rep has slided down into negative ?
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:03 am

Blimey, now suddenly all buttons have vanished and only voted status is visible. This is very queer indeed. How does this thing work? Is there a day limit or suddenly it has become exclusive?

:?:
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:07 am

my replies in bold

That said, do you mean to say you can't see the + and - buttons? I think you can see others buttons and not your own since you can't vote for your ownself. You will see a status only if someone votes for you as others can see your button.

I can't see any rep buttons at all. Just the green/red indicator bar on some votes where the yobs have voted.

Actually I saw it on your posts earlier a couple of hours back. Now except those who have got votes, I cannot see it anywhere at all. Is there a limit to how many votes can be made or how many times you see it on logon? Or did JD lock it away suddenly?

that's why I asked, does it vanish with negative rep. You announced to the world that you could see +/- on your forum menu and one could also see that your rep was positive.

It is possible that this was known earlier to Aus/UK gang here and they quickly turned you into negative and curtailed your rep rights.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:09 am

Fark me, I don't know how it works. If it is in control of others who can gang up against you than it would be sad indeed. I will see a couple of days and see if it is time limit or vote limit bound before arriving at any conclusions.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:11 am

That said the qunts who are ganging up and pressing all negative votes for me must be the most idle and saddest SOBs this side of the Pacific ocean. Looks like they have nothing else to do in life than sliently stab someone on the back and act like cowards.....

Twisted Evil
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:11 am

Only a few postor initially deemed worthy by the master of ceremonies on this forum were enabled with rep. They swung into action and repped all their buddies .. mostly whitey. Now they are a cosy group.

Now it's their show .. game, set, match.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:12 am

I dunno. I hope JD sheds some light on this. It is his baby after all!
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:15 am

Batman wrote:That said the qunts who are ganging up and pressing all negative votes for me must be the most idle and saddest SOBs this side of the Pacific ocean. Looks like they have nothing else to do in life than sliently stab someone on the back and act like cowards.....

Twisted Evil

If not for the rep buttons they would have lowered their knickers and surrendered to my will(y) all night.

what a pussilanimous, milk and cookie bunch we have here. Twisted Evil batman
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:18 am

I dunno. The thread about updates has no specific info. JD doesn't look like he knows how it works yet and embee too had issues spotting after a while. Need to wait a few days before knowing what it is all about.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 am

Either somebody misinformed JD or he is doing this for a lark.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:48 am

As far as I can see, batters, you have voting rights only when your particular clique has voted you into postiive rep credit.

There ARE more childish, petty-minded, cliquey things in the world - but not usually seen beyond the primary school playground.

As Lever, Bob, Bucks and anyone else who is not in the woodwork have indicated on this or the other thread - it's back-scratching trouble-making mentally insecure crap fit for the mentality of a disturbed five-year old at best.

Byt hey, small things amuse small minds! And what is a forum for, after all, if not for small-minded favouritisms and pork-pie brained malice? ... Very Happy
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:59 am

PeterCS wrote:As far as I can see, batters, you have voting rights only when your particular clique has voted you into postiive rep credit.

There ARE more childish, petty-minded, cliquey things in the world - but not usually seen beyond the primary school playground.

As Lever, Bob, Bucks and anyone else who is not in the woodwork have indicated on this or the other thread - it's back-scratching trouble-making mentally insecure crap fit for the mentality of a disturbed five-year old at best.

Byt hey, small things amuse small minds! And what is a forum for, after all, if not for small-minded favouritisms and pork-pie brained malice? ... Very Happy

Very good post. Aye. Agree with everything you just said. That explains it. I had voting rights and suddenly I am out of tangent. It's just a gang up and hit in the back victory plaything for qunts and bullies. I wonder how does one get to see buttons to vote again? Can you see + and - buttons besides my posts Pete? Since I suddenly can't see anyone else's anymore?

I think I have a fair idea of some distinguished people who may have voted my rights out and they call themselves democratic. Not that I am bothered since it doesn't seem to add value at all. Like I said before. It just is just a nuisance and will be abused with nuisance people and it doesn't change anything at all. A few days later people won't even give a damn about the stupid feature.

Last edited by Batman on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next