Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dravid breaks test catches record.

+13
taipan
ten years after
PlanetPakistan
The One
Hass
doremi
tac
Nath
skully
Paul Keating
Zat
Bradman
Red
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dravid breaks test catches record. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dravid breaks test catches record.

Post by taipan Mon 13 Apr 2009, 08:36

skully wrote:Fark me, has Red been on an "I'm always right and gonna prove it" mission,

As always
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Dravid breaks test catches record. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dravid breaks test catches record.

Post by Red Mon 13 Apr 2009, 08:42

taipan wrote:
skully wrote:Fark me, has Red been on an "I'm always right and gonna prove it" mission,

As always

Talk about putting words in people's mouths. I would have thought there were a number of posters who are adamant that they're always right.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17072
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 13 Apr 2009, 09:32

That Bradman bloke was a shit batsman ...got dropped after his first Test and made a duck in his last ...Farquen over-rated Dubber
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26220
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 13 Apr 2009, 09:33

Red wrote:
taipan wrote:

As always

Talk about putting words in people's mouths. I would have thought there were a number of posters who are adamant that they're always right.

That's just Merlo's multi IDs
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26220
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 13 Apr 2009, 10:33

Red wrote:
skully wrote:Fark me, has Red been on an "I'm always right and gonna prove it" mission, looking for examples of MEW dropped catches?

You farkin sad bitch. Rolling Eyes

No, I'm merely trying to dull the rose-coloured glasses vision that often accompanies descriptions of Mark Waugh's career. For the record I consider him to be an overrated batsman as well. Reading some appraisals of Waugh's fielding, you'd be excused for thinking that he didn't ever drop catches. When I pointed out that he actually dropped quite a few, I was roundly lambasted.
EUREKA!!!!!!!

I've worked it out.

It's just like the movies.

Red is horrie's female twin, separated at birth.

They're opposites in many ways, but similar in others.

You know it makes sense...

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Apr 2009, 11:25

Red wrote:

Mark dropped opener Imran Nazir at second slip off paceman Jason Gillespie on Sunday before Pakistan had opened their second innings account.

I get the impression that a lot of catches were dropped off Dizzy, which dented his figures a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 13 Apr 2009, 11:43

Zat wrote:
Red wrote:
skully wrote:Fark me, has Red been on an "I'm always right and gonna prove it" mission, looking for examples of MEW dropped catches?

You farkin sad bitch. Rolling Eyes

No, I'm merely trying to dull the rose-coloured glasses vision that often accompanies descriptions of Mark Waugh's career. For the record I consider him to be an overrated batsman as well. Reading some appraisals of Waugh's fielding, you'd be excused for thinking that he didn't ever drop catches. When I pointed out that he actually dropped quite a few, I was roundly lambasted.
EUREKA!!!!!!!

I've worked it out.

It's just like the movies.

Red is horrie's female twin, separated at birth.

They're opposites in many ways, but similar in others.

You know it makes sense...
Was the movie Basketcase?

Dravid breaks test catches record. - Page 3 Basketcase
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106010

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 13 Apr 2009, 13:14

Red wrote:
taipan wrote:

As always

Yep, I'm still waiting for you to explain your cock up on the match thread.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Mon 13 Apr 2009, 15:21

Red wrote:Oops, here's another match where Mark had an attack of dropsy.

Fallible

Mark Waugh was also uncharacteristically fallible in the field, dropping three catches in Pakistan's second innings.

"We'll talk about it for about 10 seconds, I reckon," Steve said.

"We had a bit of an off day and we dropped a few catches. It probably goes to show how well we've caught over the years, that when we do drop some people notice it."

Mark dropped opener Imran Nazir at second slip off paceman Jason Gillespie on Sunday before Pakistan had opened their second innings account.

On Monday he dropped Younis Khan from the same position off McGrath, and then grassed a chance from Faisal Iqbal in Gillespie's first over.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200210/s695768.htm

Well, it's a better example, but not much better.

This is in Mark Waugh's last Test series when he was waiting to be dropped. As I pointed out before, his eyes had gone and his reflexes were slower. A drop in fielding standards is usually a good sign that an old player is ready for the high jump.

In 2002 Mark Waugh was past it.

Hass

Dravid breaks test catches record. - Page 3 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 13 Apr 2009, 15:23

I'd say Red and Horrie were like Arnie and Danny D in films together.

Not sure which is which though.

One's an out of shape comedian, the other's Danny DeVito.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 13 Apr 2009, 15:23

As for the Thread, Well Done to Dravid and I'm equally as shocked as Fleming being in the top 10 than anyone. Good on him though.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 07 Aug 2011, 02:17

Will Dravid's record ever be broken?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38144

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 07 Aug 2011, 02:31

Ponting could. Strauss might. Otherwise it will be a very long wait.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 07 Aug 2011, 02:39

With Ponting moving out of the slips to point or perhaps mid-wicket, I think any slim chance he had has gone.

Strauss?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 07 Aug 2011, 02:59

lardbucket wrote:With Ponting moving out of the slips to point or perhaps mid-wicket, I think any slim chance he had has gone.

Strauss?

He drops too many sitters and his batting form may preclude him from playing too many seasons.

Notice that Dravid is quitting one-dayers after the English series. This may prolong his test life.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 07 Aug 2011, 03:07

So Ponting won't be in the slips? That would show Clarke is as dopey as many suspect.

Strauss - a miscalculation on my part. I was thinking if (when?) England win both 2013 Ashes series, he'd have until 2016 to play on for another Ashes series, and England's Test load is quite heavy.

I suspect he'll retire after the 2015 Ashes, with five series wins under his belt. And a knighthood in the offing. But not enough Tests to set the catching record.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 07 Aug 2011, 03:40

Zat wrote:So Ponting won't be in the slips? That would show Clarke is as dopey as many suspect.

Strauss - a miscalculation on my part. I was thinking if (when?) England win both 2013 Ashes series, he'd have until 2016 to play on for another Ashes series, and England's Test load is quite heavy.

I suspect he'll retire after the 2015 Ashes, with five series wins under his belt. And a knighthood in the offing. But not enough Tests to set the catching record.

It's due to his ongoing finger problems.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 07 Aug 2011, 03:55

If he's not fit, he shouldn't be playing. A simple concept, now forgotten by CA.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 07 Aug 2011, 07:56

Red: I was not nominating Strauss as a potential record-breaker ... I was questioning Zat's suggestion, which seemed unlikely, as he has subsequently admitted.

Zat: Ponting is fit to field anywhere other than very close, where sharp low left-sided catches could pose problems for his finger. Is he still amongst Australia's best 6 batsmen? ... easily.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 07 Aug 2011, 08:29

Zat wrote:Ponting could. Strauss might. Otherwise it will be a very long wait.

And there is the random outsider in one J Kallis who is only 12 behind Ponting.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 07 Aug 2011, 08:49

lardbucket wrote:Zat: Ponting is fit to field anywhere other than very close, where sharp low left-sided catches could pose problems for his finger. Is he still amongst Australia's best 6 batsmen? ... easily.
I hope that is the case. I have expressed support for him staying in the team under Clarke. But if he starts dropping catches because of a bung finger...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sun 07 Aug 2011, 08:51

Red wrote:Notice that Dravid is quitting one-dayers after the English series. This may prolong his test life.

these are the first ODIs dravid will be playing in 2 years. he has been playing only tests for india since then. this is just a random selection, probably due to injuries to some of the indian regulars and since he's already in england

i think he's played 5 ODIs in the last 4 years

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 01 Nov 2016, 07:55

More catching trivia, at the other end from Dravid's effort:

HOW LONG MUST I WAIT? - AMIR 20 TESTS

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Wed 02 Nov 2016, 19:58

I guess him dropping Ponting on 0, who scored 200+, would've been in his first half dozen tests.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 02 Nov 2016, 20:53

very early

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3