Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the weather like in Europe?

+12
doremi
buckSH
ten years after
Batman
Basil
JKLever
holcs
taipan
Brass Monkey
Henry
Merlin
jim rich
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What's the weather like in Europe? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the weather like in Europe?

Post by taipan Wed 29 Apr 2009, 12:54

ten years after wrote:I was referring to that particular post, not taipan's posting in general.

You gotta admit taips it was a bit devoid of point.

Was using it as an intro, but decided to leave it alone.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

What's the weather like in Europe? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the weather like in Europe?

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 29 Apr 2009, 12:54

buckSH wrote:During the great Mahabharata war the opposing groups of the Arya and Danava fought with each other. The Arya's apparently won this round and chased away the Danavas to the edges of the earth.

And thus the children of Godess Danu were found to reside in the Welsh, Irish isles and a part of them in basque France and Spain. The Irish call their ancestors as children of Danu to this day. Check it out.

Aryavarta was modern day Ural down to North and coastal India upto Gujarat.

No they f*cking don't. Please don't be a total freak. It is pretty valid that ALL peoples from ALL regions of the British Isles have genetic links to people from Iberia, as do the Basques as do many other genetic groups. This doesn't make them distant relatives, not in a singular way. You may as well go to Bognor, Toulouse, Luxembourg or wherever else people near the Atlantic.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 12:56

ten years after wrote:I was referring to that particular post, not taipan's posting in general.

You have a very curious sounding id. ten years after? Is there a story in there?
Sounds like a good time when one seeks old flames and looks to rekindle old fires.....
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 29 Apr 2009, 12:57

Batman wrote:

You have a very curious sounding id. ten years after? Is there a story in there?
Sounds like a good time when one seeks old flames and looks to rekindle old fires.....

it's the name of a group FFS
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by ten years after Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:08

Batman wrote:

Nothing so poetic i'm afraid. Ten Years After were, as taipan eloquently described, a rock group who acquired a significant amount of fame in the late 60s and early 70s. They were particularly famous for the musicianship of their lead guitarist - Alvin Lee - which tended to obscure the equally incredible talent of their bassist - Leo Lyons.

Their performance at Woodstock gained them a certain cult status.

ten years after

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:14

ten years after wrote:
Batman wrote:

Nothing so poetic i'm afraid. Ten Years After were, as taipan eloquently described, a rock group who acquired a significant amount of fame in the late 60s and early 70s. They were particularly famous for the musicianship of their lead guitarist - Alvin Lee - which tended to obscure the equally incredible talent of their bassist - Leo Lyons.

Their performance at Woodstock gained them a certain cult status.

Wasn't aware of the band. Will try them this weekend.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by ten years after Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:21

Caped Crusade - Youtube has the Woodstock performance, seems the obvious starter. If you like no nonsense rock (not heavy metal) you should like it.

ten years after

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:24

Brass Monkey wrote:
buckSH wrote:During the great Mahabharata war the opposing groups of the Arya and Danava fought with each other. The Arya's apparently won this round and chased away the Danavas to the edges of the earth.

And thus the children of Godess Danu were found to reside in the Welsh, Irish isles and a part of them in basque France and Spain. The Irish call their ancestors as children of Danu to this day. Check it out.

Aryavarta was modern day Ural down to North and coastal India upto Gujarat.

No they f*cking don't.

Search for 'Tuatha De Dannan' which when translated reads 'Children of Danu'.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:31

http://www.shee-eire.com/Magic&Mythology/Races/Tuatha-De-Danann/Page1.htm

http://www.shee-eire.com/Magic&Mythology/Gods&Goddess/Tuatha-De-Danaan/Goddess/Danu/Factsheet1.htm

The Goddess Danu was the mother Goddess of the Tuatha Dé Danann. She is particularly associated with the province of Munster with its fertile soil and was known as Anu in those parts. The Tuatha Dé Danann were all descended from her.

Some scholars believe that Anu was the primary Earth Goddess and Danu was only the name given to her by the nineteenth century writers. However the nineteenth century writers were so popular that now most people would know of the Tuatha De Danann and the Goddess Danu.

There is a school of thought that believes that her name is Danand and she slept with Delbhaeth (Turenn) her own father to produce Brian, Iuchar and Iucharba. This is just an example of the confusions existing within Irish Mythology.

-----------------------------------------------------

danava:

danava (dhaanava). Class of demons, daityas, or asuras; enemies of the Gods (devas). Children of Dhanu and Kasyapa.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:45

During the great Mahabharata war the opposing groups of the Arya and Danava fought with each other. The Arya's apparently won this round and chased away the Danavas to the edges of the earth.

I may not know much but I know the Mahabharat, and the above is bullshit. The war was between brothers of the same family.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:52

doremi wrote:
During the great Mahabharata war the opposing groups of the Arya and Danava fought with each other. The Arya's apparently won this round and chased away the Danavas to the edges of the earth.

I may not know much but I know the Mahabharat, and the above is bullshit. The war was between brothers of the same family.

I think he mixed it up with the great Devasur Sangram or the epic war between the Hindu Gods [Devas] and Demons [Asuras or Danavas]..... study
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:52

So, what was the point?

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:54

the series of wars started with Ramayana when the division was clear.

Ravana was clearly a danava and Ram the other side. But this division started getting lesser defined as time passed by, yet the both the groups intermarried with each other.

Yet in mahabharata the dharmic thought held by the Pandavas belonged to the arya and the adharmic nature of the Kauravas was well-defined in the narrative.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:56

Demelza wrote:So, what was the point?

Bucky is a twat, there is no point.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:56

It's probably about Lord Indra [Lord of Thunder and Rains and King of Devas] influencing European weather.....
Very Happy
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:56

Batman wrote:
doremi wrote:

I think he mixed it up with the great Devasur Sangram or the epic war between the Hindu Gods [Devas] and Demons [Asuras or Danavas]..... study

It was a series of battles batty.

Earth was dominated by three main 'beings' .. mind you I do not say 'humans' on purpose.

The Deva
the Danava
the Naga

the descendents of the three groups fashioned human groups after them (in their own image) very late into the day and spread out around the world. Today they fight with each other unknowingly for power and influence over the world. Yet they do not know the real reason of why they do so.

Last edited by buckSH on Wed 29 Apr 2009, 14:00; edited 2 times in total

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Wed 29 Apr 2009, 13:58

Batman wrote:

It's probably about Lord Indra [Lord of Thunder and Rains and King of Devas] influencing European weather.....
Very Happy

Dagda, the Irish God and son of Danu also had a celestial harp with which he changed weather. Note the similarit in narrative and it's clear pre Indo-European origins.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 29 Apr 2009, 14:00

You know what, you could write a pretty good page turning adventure stories using bucky's theories as a base. Like Da Vinci Code. But without Jesus's offspring.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 14:02

buckSH wrote:
Batman wrote:
doremi wrote:

It was a series of battles batty.

Earth was dominated by three main 'beings' .. mind you I do not say 'humans' on purpose.

The Deva
the Danava
the Naga

the descendents of the three groups took human form very late into the day and spread out around the world. Today they fight with each other unknowingly for power and influence over the world. Yet they do not know the real reason of why they do so.

I am well aware of the Devas, Danavas, Asuras, Manus, Nagas, Gandharvas, Paatal Lok [Netherworld], Mrityu Lok [Earth] and Swarg Lok [Heaven] and all that. I am aware of the Ramayana and Mahabharata and all the 9 avatars of Lord Vishnu in between slaying the demons and helping the Devas, led by Indra. The significance of that passes me by in this thread is all.....
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Wed 29 Apr 2009, 14:06

It requires some thought along the lines mentioned here .. in time all will sink in.

Don't look at human history in fits and starts as is want in modern historical narrative, it is infact a linear continuum from the age which recorded mythological stories.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Wed 29 Apr 2009, 17:40

It's warm and sunny today.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 29 Apr 2009, 19:19

How are things ...
in Gloccamora?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Wed 29 Apr 2009, 19:53

I don't know but Ballymorry is very colourful.....
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Bad_Bob Thu 30 Apr 2009, 00:40

Enjoyed a gloriously sunny evening netting with my new cricket club.

Good times.
Big_Bad_Bob
Big_Bad_Bob

What's the weather like in Europe? - Page 3 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3718
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 30 Apr 2009, 12:23

buckSH wrote:
Search for 'Tuatha De Dannan' which when translated reads 'Children of Danu'.

Um, yeah, some people, from the Isle of Muir did ages ago, with some rough translation making a tenuous link to back up your claim.

Which is utter shit.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next