Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terry Jenner introduces logic to the chucking debate

4 posters

Go down

Terry Jenner introduces logic to the chucking debate Empty Terry Jenner introduces logic to the chucking debate

Post by Zat Sun 03 May 2009, 07:12

And probably speaks the most sense about the whole 'should doosra chuckers be allowed more chucking flexion' debate in this link.

Do you know how many blokes there are out there at the moment [who bowl the doosra]? Very few. What do you want to do, open the floodgates? Why should we change the laws to accommodate just one delivery? Why can't we say it is all right to go 20 degrees to bowl a bouncer?

Here, I would like to draw comparison with the legspinner's flipper. The flipper is such a ball that there have been very few successful exponents of it - Richie Benaud, Bruce Dooland and Shane Warne to name a few [in Australia]. It is a legitimate skill, where the arm is dead straight. It is a skill of the fingers and the wrist: spin bowling has always been the skill of the fingers and the wrist.

Saqlain Mushtaq bowled the doosra cleanly - he never spun it like a legbreak. His doosra deviated off the seam. He delivered it with a side-on action and he released it with his palm upwards, while most now have got their back of the hands towards the batsman.

Of course, someone will probably try to find a way to play the race card about this.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Terry Jenner introduces logic to the chucking debate Empty Re: Terry Jenner introduces logic to the chucking debate

Post by Bradman Sun 03 May 2009, 08:59

Of course, someone will probably try to find a way to play the race card about this

I'll go first. Only non- Europeans can bowl this cleanly because for a large number of white people it's almost impossible to bowl that delivery cleanly without the backing of a strong national board.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Terry Jenner introduces logic to the chucking debate Empty Re: Terry Jenner introduces logic to the chucking debate

Post by ten years after Sun 03 May 2009, 09:09

Just to clarify the title of this thread. I take it a logical statement is defined as "a statement that supports an opinion that I already hold".

ten years after

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sun 03 May 2009, 09:10

what better logic is there?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 03 May 2009, 09:18

Well, I was going to say TJ is the first person who's put together a cogent case, with minimal emotion.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down