Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racism charge against KKR staff in IPL

+9
embee
Merlin
The One
Batman
jim rich
Bradman
horace
taipan
buckSH
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Racism charge against KKR staff in IPL Empty Racism charge against KKR staff in IPL

Post by buckSH Tue 12 May 2009, 07:50

"You bloody Indian do what you are told" were the exact words Ajit Agarkar faced from a KKR staff (most probably aussie)

this I just heard from a news channel I was watching.

But only reference to this is here:

Jadeja alleges racism in Kolkata team
Press Trust Of India

Posted on May 11, 2009 at 23:48 | Updated May 12, 2009 at 09:38

New Delhi: Former Test cricketer Ajay Jadeja made a sensational claim on Monday, saying Indian players were being ill-treated by foreign staff of the beleaguered Kolkata Knight Riders in their own domestic IPL, going on in South Africa.

Jadeja hinted that a member of the KKR foreign coaching staff had racial overtones to his language used for an Indian player during the tournament, which has not seen the team winning barring in one match where they triumphed via duckworth-Lewis method.

"You don't need blogger (to know this)," he said in an apparent reference to the Fake IPL player's blogsite.

"I can assure you that there is definitely a divide and Indian players are (being) treated very badly." Jadeja told a news channel.

"I am an Indian player. I know so many players in the team (Kolkata Knight Riders Team). One player was asked to come off the field and when he came off the field he asked "Why did you want me to come off the field? One of the coaches in KKR says 'You Indian, you do what I ask you to do'," he said.

Jadeja insisted his claims were true, saying he had the information from horse's mouth and that the team was not more than a divided house.

"So there is definitely a divide. I know it from the source himself. So the players are not feeling comfortable.

"There is divide between Indian and foreign players and there is a divide between thought process. I mean Sourav Ganguly has a different thought process and you can see that. So this team is divided. There is no doubt about it," he added.

The KKR team is dealing with controversies way before the start of the tournament when their coach John Buchanan proposed the multiple-captain theory. They have lost eight of their 10 matches so far.

There is also a tell-all blog on team's activities, adding to insult to its injuries, although the authenticity of the blog is still in doubt.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Racism charge against KKR staff in IPL Empty Re: Racism charge against KKR staff in IPL

Post by taipan Tue 12 May 2009, 08:04

Wasn't Ajay Jadeja thrown out of cricket for matchfixing?

It must be true then.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Racism charge against KKR staff in IPL Empty Re: Racism charge against KKR staff in IPL

Post by horace Tue 12 May 2009, 08:10

jadeja
"Jadeja insisted his claims were true, saying he had the information from horse's mouth and that the team was not more than a divided house."

not sure which end of the horse jadeja was listening to
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 12 May 2009, 08:24

taipan wrote:Wasn't Ajay Jadeja thrown out of cricket for matchfixing?

It must be true then.

So, if you shoot the messenger then everything is hunky dory.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 12 May 2009, 08:28

He has proved his honesty over many years.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 12 May 2009, 08:29

you can bet on it!
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 12 May 2009, 08:36

so racism is only something the darkies do amongst themselves .. never the aussies or the saffers.

Right ?

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 12 May 2009, 08:38

I can imagine the uproar if one of the saffie coaches referred to a bloody Aussie.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 12 May 2009, 08:42

even your imagination is racist and exclusivist.

no space for subis even there.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 12 May 2009, 08:48

buckSH wrote:so racism is only something the darkies do amongst themselves .. never the aussies or the saffers.

buckSH wrote:even your imagination is racist and exclusivist.

no space for subis even there.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 12 May 2009, 08:51

Apparently the team owner is said to have intervened in the matter and 'settled' the dispute.

the coach or asst coach should have been fired immidiately. Where is the question of 'settling' anything.

the player himself confessed about this incident to Ajay Jadeja.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 12 May 2009, 08:53

this is a 15-day old event, it now emerges.

the relations between players in KKr has been dour from what has been seen.

this whole tribe of antipodean coaches/handlers/trainers seem to have flooded in behind the coaches and each coach brings his own set of people in.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 12 May 2009, 08:53

Listen to taips to buckSHed.

Saffies are Yarrpie qunts, Aussie are convict qunts, the English are pommie qunts. We're all qunts.

In multi-racial teams like the IPL you've got to identify someone by their nationality. If not when you said "you qunt." All heads would turn.

So you say say "Eh! Indian (pommy, yarrpie, aussie) qunt is a way of directing attention. And in this particular case he just identified a nationality without the fruity adjective.

Tasol! Yu likim ol autim.

What you darkies have got to learn is how to call each other names without trying to buy plutonium.

Emi tasol.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 12 May 2009, 08:54

buckSH wrote:the player himself confessed about this incident to Ajay Jadeja.

Why would the player confess?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 12 May 2009, 08:55

they had a conversation on the phone.

the player confessed to Jadeja who promised to bring the affair before the Indian media.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 12 May 2009, 08:57

buckSH wrote:they had a conversation on the phone.

the player confessed to Jadeja who promised to bring the affair before the Indian media.

So what was the player guilty of?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 12 May 2009, 08:57

whay would the player 'confess' to jadeja, of all people...further why is jadeja in SA anyway..hopefully not organising the results for bookies
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Tue 12 May 2009, 08:58

taipan wrote:Wasn't Ajay Jadeja thrown out of cricket for matchfixing?

It must be true then.
Your knowledge of your own country's likes and dislikes is pretty questionable leave alone that of other countries. Besides, so were Hansie Cronje, Malik, Azhar, Gibbs and a host of others, Jadeja being one of the unproven ones. What has that got to do with the contents of the opening post anyway?

If the allegation is true, it is an abominable reflection of Aussie high-handedness. Why am I not surprised? Really, SRK should be the one to take exception to such occurrences. Buchanan, who should really be taking a leaf out of Shane Warne’s book, has spelt trouble for the KKR ever since his emergence and it shows in their ratings. No matter what market value name recognition may have on the marketability of the KKR, it is time to dump such liabilities along with the accompanying Bollywood flair for media and get on with the game.

jim rich

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 12 May 2009, 08:58

It's just a term of expression, Nigel. They had a heart-to-heart talk, I used to term 'confession' to convey that.

get over the semantics will you.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 12 May 2009, 08:59

horace wrote:whay would the player 'confess' to jadeja, of all people...further why is jadeja in SA anyway..hopefully not organising the results for bookies

Jadeja is in India, he does the media circuit regularly.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 12 May 2009, 09:00

buckSH wrote:It's just a term of expression, Nigel. They had a heart-to-heart talk, I used to term 'confession' to convey that.

get over the semantics will you.

Well use the correct word in future, it is not semantics.

Last edited by taipan on Tue 12 May 2009, 09:02; edited 1 time in total
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 12 May 2009, 09:01

I find the story difficult to believe...Buchanen has always struck me as a highly respectful person
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 12 May 2009, 09:02

horace wrote:I find the story difficult to believe...Buchanen has always struck me as a highly respectful person

Not buchanen, but one of his asst coaches.

buckSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Tue 12 May 2009, 09:02

Getting your fair amount of kicks for the morning Nigel?
You miss Vir/Mohabbat a lot, don't you?

So you found yourself a replacement...
Laughing
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 12 May 2009, 09:03

buckSH wrote:
horace wrote:I find the story difficult to believe...Buchanen has always struck me as a highly respectful person

Not buchanen, but one of his asst coaches.

which one?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next