Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Waugh & Allan Border about Symonds incident

+23
Forum Goat
tac
mynah
lardbucket
G.Wood
Ash
HH_pink
LeFromage
Brass Monkey
taipan
The One
Gary 111
freddled gruntbuggly
PearlJ
doctorspin
skully
embee
Merlin
bliksem
Ross
please don't yell
Josh Carney
SG
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mark Waugh & Allan Border about Symonds incident - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Waugh & Allan Border about Symonds incident

Post by skully Sun 21 Oct 2007, 11:56

Roy does a column in one of the Spiv (and presumably other capital city) Sunday papers. He said his hotel room phone rang off the hook with Indians (mostly professionals, such as doctors, lawyers etc) wanting to apologise for his shoddy and appalling treatment by the fans at the grounds.

Good to know that real Indian cricket supporters are embarrassed by the buffoonish behaviour that has gone on. I feel the same way when I read stories of d!ckwads being goons in the crowd at Australian venues.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Mark Waugh & Allan Border about Symonds incident - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Waugh & Allan Border about Symonds incident

Post by skully Sun 21 Oct 2007, 12:04

Actually, I see Roy's article has been posted on the other "monkey" thread. Apologies.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Sun 21 Oct 2007, 19:34

Next time Symonds sledges, this chap should go upto him, bend on his knee and say "do you have a problem child, something I should help you with"?
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Sun 21 Oct 2007, 19:44

*Buckaroo* wrote:Next time Symonds sledges, this chap should go upto him, bend on his knee and say "do you have a problem child, something I should help you with"?

Yeah, good one Rolling Eyes
PearlJ
PearlJ

Mark Waugh & Allan Border about Symonds incident - Page 3 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Mon 22 Oct 2007, 08:27

tac wrote:
Minnesota Fats wrote:
Ash wrote:
The One wrote:indian crowds have made monkey noises when the west indian team toured as well. i would prefer if people didnt start giving excuses for it, it should be stamped out.

exactly. anyone who cant see the racist connection is either naive, in denial or has led a very sheltered life.

I don't see any racist connection and know Indians better than most on here they are partisan nationals but thats all.

It was all about his confronting Sreethanth from then on he was the bad guy and boundary fielder to boot.

Never heard of Indians jeering West Indians either why would they?

A media beat up that got out of hand.

Does the sun still revolve around the earth where you live, Gabba D?

How did you know I was an amateur Astronomer?

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Mon 22 Oct 2007, 12:46

Ross wrote:So Boof wasn't actually racially abusing the Sri Lankans, he was just shouting 'black ****' over and over regardless of the Lankans' presence? confused
He said it once that was noted, and it wasn't knowingly in the Lankans' presence. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant . . .
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Mark Waugh & Allan Border about Symonds incident - Page 3 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2959
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 22 Oct 2007, 12:51

LOL. I remember JC trying to defend Lehmann by saying that because he didnt know the Sri Lankans could hear him, it was ok and we should forgive him.

Good times.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 22 Oct 2007, 12:53

Henry wrote:LOL. I remember JC trying to defend Lehmann by saying that because he didnt know the Sri Lankans could hear him, it was ok and we should forgive him.

Good times.

It was a forum war of note.

Excellent times.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Mon 22 Oct 2007, 13:08

I once kicked an Indian in the face with a steel toe-capped boot, which was okay because there was no-one else around at the time. Then it came to light that someone else had seen me do it, but I didn't know they were there so I feel it unfair that I should be arrested for it. Obviously had I known someone was watching then I would've thought twice before I smashed his uppity little nose into his face - then there would have been no problem. So really, it's the other guy's fault for not making it obvious that he was watching me. He's the one to blame - I had nothing to do with it.
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 22 Oct 2007, 13:11

bliksem wrote:I once kicked an Indian in the face with a steel toe-capped boot, which was okay because there was no-one else around at the time. Then it came to light that someone else had seen me do it, but I didn't know they were there so I feel it unfair that I should be arrested for it. Obviously had I known someone was watching then I would've thought twice before I smashed his uppity little nose into his face - then there would have been no problem. So really, it's the other guy's fault for not making it obvious that he was watching me. He's the one to blame - I had nothing to do with it.

You are an Aussie test player?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 22 Oct 2007, 13:14

Saffies having a crack at Aussies about racism . . . rofl.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 22 Oct 2007, 13:17

tac wrote:Saffies having a crack at Aussies about racism . . . rofl.

Exactly, we are experts on racism.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 22 Oct 2007, 13:20

I was just taking a cheap shot, taips, as you probably guessed. Saffies have stood up and faced the past and deserve all credit for it. (Except for those d1ckheads at the WACA giving the Aussie fans a bad name with their abuse of Nel et al).
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 22 Oct 2007, 13:24

tac wrote:I was just taking a cheap shot, taips, as you probably guessed. Saffies have stood up and faced the past and deserve all credit for it. (Except for those d1ckheads at the WACA giving the Aussie fans a bad name with their abuse of Nel et al).

No problem, I wasn't taking offence.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 22 Oct 2007, 13:25

taipan wrote:
tac wrote:I was just taking a cheap shot, taips, as you probably guessed. Saffies have stood up and faced the past and deserve all credit for it. (Except for those d1ckheads at the WACA giving the Aussie fans a bad name with their abuse of Nel et al).

No problem, I wasn't taking offence.

Of course, you're not a subi.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Tue 23 Oct 2007, 02:56

Saffies and Aussies in "fark, we've got to gang up and have an orgy to stand up to the Indians" shock.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Mark Waugh & Allan Border about Symonds incident - Page 3 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 23 Oct 2007, 03:10

India seems to employ a combo of religious and racially based apartheid...consigning people because they are of 'lower' religious caste is as repugnant as any form of racism...it would also seem that not too many sthn indians whose skin is a bit darker have much of a chance of making it into bollywood
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 23 Oct 2007, 03:11

HH_pink wrote:Saffies and Aussies in "fark, we've got to gang up and have an orgy to stand up to the Indians" shock.

Chin up, champ.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Tue 23 Oct 2007, 03:20

horace wrote:India seems to employ a combo of religious and racially based apartheid...consigning people because they are of 'lower' religious caste is as repugnant as any form of racism...it would also seem that not too many sthn indians whose skin is a bit darker have much of a chance of making it into bollywood

They do make it actually, as extras, and provide a nice contrast. Laughing
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 23 Oct 2007, 03:25

and of course on fabulous wages
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Tue 23 Oct 2007, 04:29

tac wrote:
HH_pink wrote:Saffies and Aussies in "fark, we've got to gang up and have an orgy to stand up to the Indians" shock.

Chin up, champ.

columbo , :laule: ?
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Tue 23 Oct 2007, 05:22

Inside Cricket may have a guest re the monkey topic tonight hopefully.

1800 FOX

It begain with BJ commenting that India was so disapointed at losing the early one day games after their successful t20series that crowd misbehavior was certain.

Border said "yes it was like a sort of reverse adulation at Andrew Symonds wasn't it something like our crowds gave it to Richard Hadlee when he played over here"

Gavin Robertson.

"When I toured India it was like being in a cauldron but as far as racism goes it's just not their way"

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 23 Oct 2007, 20:28

horace wrote:India seems to employ a combo of religious and racially based apartheid...consigning people because they are of 'lower' religious caste is as repugnant as any form of racism...it would also seem that not too many sthn indians whose skin is a bit darker have much of a chance of making it into bollywood

How much exactly do you know about this 'religious apartheid' non-sense you keep harping on about?

South Indians have their own language, culture, rituals, etc., which are an almost diagonal opposite of north Indians. Next time, get hold of a few facts before spewing all of this, alright?
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 23 Oct 2007, 20:43

You could probably get Zim to edit that post for you, doremi, and achieve the same effect with about 3 words.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38127

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Tue 23 Oct 2007, 21:19

lardbucket wrote:You could probably get Zim to edit that post for you, doremi, and achieve the same effect with about 3 words.
FARK OFF C*N*U*T

That's 3 words and I think sums up the sentiment accurately.
doctorspin
doctorspin

Mark Waugh & Allan Border about Symonds incident - Page 3 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next