Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So What Is This All About Then from Langer?

3 posters

Go down

So What Is This All About Then from Langer? Empty So What Is This All About Then from Langer?

Post by doctorspin Mon 10 Aug 2009, 02:12

From The Guardian on Monday:

"Strauss was also tight-lipped following revelations that Justin Langer, the former Australia opener and now captain of Somerset, had prepared a memo for Tim Nielsen, the Australia coach, containing a scathing assessment of English players as "lazy"‚ "shallow" and "flat" and damning Anderson as "a bit of a pussy". Strauss claimed Langer's leaked dossier was "not of great interest"

Looks interesting.

Can't say I would necessarily disagree with his "lazy, shallow and flat assessment" of many English players although I wondered whether flat was a misprint for fat (Blobby, Samit, That Zumerrset guy up at Durham..Blackers or whatever; Sales.....)

It does leave the door open for a few choice descriptions of Aussie players though....Danny?......Dello?.........Well I know Dello and some others will immediately pick up on "The Pussy Cycle"
doctorspin
doctorspin

So What Is This All About Then from Langer? 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

So What Is This All About Then from Langer? Empty Re: So What Is This All About Then from Langer?

Post by doctorspin Mon 10 Aug 2009, 02:28

OK then, I suppose Cosgrove does Fat pretty well and certainly is not flat; he's sort of round like fat people are so maybe Langer did mean flat.

On the generic "Stereotypical Description of The Aussie Cricketer" what about Squinty-eyed, nasal, whining SQUNT?

And yes Rob I I did mean squinty and nasal and whining. You can throw in a bit of cheating as well; for good measure; yes Clarke I'm looking at you as it happens.
doctorspin
doctorspin

Back to top Go down

So What Is This All About Then from Langer? Empty Re: So What Is This All About Then from Langer?

Post by doctorspin Mon 10 Aug 2009, 02:36

Here is a fuller link courtesy of Filo

I like the hyperbolic first paragraph. Yes Headingly was dire for England, but Lords and Edgebaston...overwhelmed?.....and Cardiff, couldn't dismiss Panesar to win....overwhelmed?

"JUSTIN Langer's explosive pre-tour dossier describing England's players as soft, lazy and superficial has been used by Australia to overwhelm its Ashes rival."

But sadly, like Vawn (who is gawn) much of it is dare I say it, accurate and not a little perceptive.

Still makes Langer a nasal, whiny Squnt though.
doctorspin
doctorspin

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 10 Aug 2009, 02:56

Check the JL Dossier thread Doc.

Fark, I must go to bed.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 10 Aug 2009, 03:03

no-one pays attention to the BNLG except for a few wozzies..
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down