Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haddin's had it. Officially out of ICCCT

+4
JGK
Henry
skully
Zat
8 posters

Go down

Haddin's had it.  Officially out of ICCCT Empty Haddin's had it. Officially out of ICCCT

Post by Zat Thu 03 Sep 2009, 02:29

Brad Haddin ruled out of ICC Champions Trophy

Cricket Australia today confirmed Australian wicket-keeper Brad Haddin has been ruled out of September’s ICC Champions Trophy in South Africa as he continues to recover from finger surgery last week.

Haddin had successful surgery on the ring finger of his left hand upon his return from the United Kingdom last Thursday after breaking the finger prior to the third Ashes Test at Edgbaston.

Cricket Australia Doctor Trefor James said:

“After discussion with Brad’s surgeon and the Cricket Australia medical staff, it is clear Brad will not have recovered sufficiently for him to be considered for any part of the ICC Champions Trophy in South Africa.

“While the surgery was a success and there have been no complications, the timeframe for recovery is not sufficient and therefore he can not be considered for selection.”

Brad Haddin said:

“While it is extremely disappointing to miss the ICC Champions Trophy, the good news is that the surgery was successful and my finger will be 100% when the recovery period is finalised.

“I am aiming to be available for selection for the one-day series in India however this is a decision that will be made in consultation with the Cricket Australia medical staff when the time arises.

“In the past I have been able to recover from finger injuries and surgery very quickly and I am hopeful this will again be the case.”

Cricket Australia has made a request to the International Cricket Council for Tasmanian wicket-keeper Tim Paine to replace Haddin in the 15-man Champions Trophy squad with a response expected soon.

Be funny if the ICC refuse the request. Who'd be the keeper then?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Haddin's had it.  Officially out of ICCCT Empty Re: Haddin's had it. Officially out of ICCCT

Post by skully Thu 03 Sep 2009, 02:38

You starting this thread suggests you GAF.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105985
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Haddin's had it.  Officially out of ICCCT Empty Re: Haddin's had it. Officially out of ICCCT

Post by Zat Thu 03 Sep 2009, 02:41

Why wouldn't I GAF? I think it would be funny.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 03 Sep 2009, 03:24

Compared to Healy and Gilchrist, he seems to get injured a fair bit. I guess if you don't catch the ball in the middle of the gloves you'll break some fingers, and he is a pretty shit keeper.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 03 Sep 2009, 03:27

From Gilly to Tim Paine in less than 2 years.

God help us...

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 03 Sep 2009, 03:43

Paine could be arevelation along the lines of Heals?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 03 Sep 2009, 03:47

It's a good break for a youngish keeper.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 03 Sep 2009, 07:00

great chance for Paine
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 03 Sep 2009, 08:37

Henry wrote:Compared to Healy and Gilchrist, he seems to get injured a fair bit. I guess if you don't catch the ball in the middle of the gloves you'll break some fingers, and he is a pretty shit keeper.

It happens when you break the stumps from the wrong side.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Thu 03 Sep 2009, 08:46

Zat wrote:
Brad Haddin ruled out of ICC Champions Trophy

Cricket Australia today confirmed Australian wicket-keeper Brad Haddin has been ruled out of September’s ICC Champions Trophy in South Africa as he continues to recover from finger surgery last week.

Haddin had successful surgery on the ring finger of his left hand upon his return from the United Kingdom last Thursday after breaking the finger prior to the third Ashes Test at Edgbaston.

Cricket Australia Doctor Trefor James said:

“After discussion with Brad’s surgeon and the Cricket Australia medical staff, it is clear Brad will not have recovered sufficiently for him to be considered for any part of the ICC Champions Trophy in South Africa.

“While the surgery was a success and there have been no complications, the timeframe for recovery is not sufficient and therefore he can not be considered for selection.”

Brad Haddin said:

“While it is extremely disappointing to miss the ICC Champions Trophy, the good news is that the surgery was successful and my finger will be 100% when the recovery period is finalised.

“I am aiming to be available for selection for the one-day series in India however this is a decision that will be made in consultation with the Cricket Australia medical staff when the time arises.

“In the past I have been able to recover from finger injuries and surgery very quickly and I am hopeful this will again be the case.”

Cricket Australia has made a request to the International Cricket Council for Tasmanian wicket-keeper Tim Paine to replace Haddin in the 15-man Champions Trophy squad with a response expected soon.

Be funny if the ICC refuse the request. Who'd be the keeper then?

Mr Cricket, I guess
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11982

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 03 Sep 2009, 09:00

Australia should pull out in protest (and have a rest before a shedload of cricket coming up).

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Thu 03 Sep 2009, 10:02

JGK wrote:Australia should pull out in protest (and have a rest before a shedload of cricket coming up).

that's what the Windies series is for (at this stage)
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11982

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 03 Sep 2009, 10:04

I see Nielsen has taken time off.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down