Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freelancing will drive away the fans

5 posters

Go down

Freelancing will drive away the fans Empty Freelancing will drive away the fans

Post by Red Sat 10 Oct 2009, 02:43

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/cricket/grab-the-money-and-see-crickets-fans-run/2009/10/09/1255019612772.html

Bravo cops a bit of a pasting here.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Freelancing will drive away the fans Empty Re: Freelancing will drive away the fans

Post by footwork Sat 10 Oct 2009, 02:58

Thanks for that Red. Brilliantly written article. Do you know who wrote it? (If it's there in front of my eyes, I apologise.)
Makes the entire cricket scene sound dirty and sordid, not to mention the bleakness of its future. Freelancing will drive away the fans Icon_sad
footwork
footwork

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-12-29
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Freelancing will drive away the fans Empty Re: Freelancing will drive away the fans

Post by PeterCS Sat 10 Oct 2009, 03:42

And Love.

Love WIll Tear Us Apart.

Again.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat 10 Oct 2009, 08:42

footwork wrote:Thanks for that Red. Brilliantly written article. Do you know who wrote it? (If it's there in front of my eyes, I apologise.)
Makes the entire cricket scene sound dirty and sordid, not to mention the bleakness of its future. Freelancing will drive away the fans Icon_sad

Greg Baum of the Melbourne Age.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Sat 10 Oct 2009, 22:24

I agree with the theme of the article, but the dig at Bravo is a bit pointless and it is the second time an Australian writer has had a dig at the senior West Indies players without doing the research (Dean Jones being unsurprisingly the first).

Bravo was asked about Freddie and Symonds freelancing, and he said if it came to it he would consider his options and consult his family before signing a WICB contract. That is a sensible policy, especially when you are dealing with the Worst Incompetent Cricket Board. Hardly money grabbing.

Having said that I am against young players freelancing, only players at the end of their careers should turn to freelancing IMO.
WIFAN
WIFAN

Freelancing will drive away the fans 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sat 10 Oct 2009, 23:36

I might be wrong but I think the teams with genuine freelancers are yet to win a match in the IPL CL yet.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down