Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're past the halfway point in the month...

+12
JKLever
Demelza
Bradman
horace
PlanetPakistan
G.Wood
skully
beamer
DJ_Smerk
Chivalry Augustus
lardbucket
LeFromage
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We're past the halfway point in the month... Empty We're past the halfway point in the month...

Post by LeFromage Mon 16 Nov 2009, 19:25

... and still aren't halfway to last month's worst ever (by a mile) post count.

And we're not even in the top 20 cricket sites on the interweb.

Bad times, indeed.

Terminal times.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

We're past the halfway point in the month... Empty Re: We're past the halfway point in the month...

Post by Guest Mon 16 Nov 2009, 19:29

The appearance of these threads every month is lowering morale and is in fact a direct cause to the lull.

Back to top Go down

We're past the halfway point in the month... Empty Re: We're past the halfway point in the month...

Post by lardbucket Mon 16 Nov 2009, 19:38

I wonder if opening viewing to passing 'guests' has actually contributed to reduced dialogue?

Folk might look in, note that no-one is logged in (only 14 anonymous guests) and so boogger off.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 16 Nov 2009, 19:45

I just don't think anyone can be bothered any more.

Which is fair enough...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Nov 2009, 19:46

You'd make a great motivational speaker...

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 16 Nov 2009, 19:49

People don't flounce off in a blaze of glory like they used to - they wander off like Captain Oates.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Mon 16 Nov 2009, 20:25

They have been some time...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Mon 16 Nov 2009, 20:26

Ain't much to post about. My post rate has decreased alarmingly because cricket is pretty shit nowadays. I sometimes feel as if I'm watching the same thing over and over again. I appreciate that that is exactly what I'm doing, but what I mean is the game doesn't evolve. Pitches are flat, matches are boring. The teams stay the same. There's no x-factor in any of the sides now. Watching India vs SL today was like watching paint dry. Pitch was crap, even a dying Rahul Dravid could score at 70 runs per 100 balls. It's just utter shit. The game is shit and no-one gives a f*ck. I'm glad as anything that Forest are having an alright season, 'cause there's ****** all else to enjoy sporting-wise. Add to that the county game is going down the pan too with a series of flat wickets, bage bowlers and FTBs and you might as well uninvent the game.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

We're past the halfway point in the month... Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 16 Nov 2009, 20:37

Chivalry Augustus wrote:Ain't much to post about. My post rate has decreased alarmingly because cricket is pretty shit nowadays. I sometimes feel as if I'm watching the same thing over and over again. I appreciate that that is exactly what I'm doing, but what I mean is the game doesn't evolve. Pitches are flat, matches are boring. The teams stay the same. There's no x-factor in any of the sides now. Watching India vs SL today was like watching paint dry. Pitch was crap, even a dying Rahul Dravid could score at 70 runs per 100 balls. It's just utter shit. The game is shit and no-one gives a f*ck. I'm glad as anything that Forest are having an alright season, 'cause there's ****** all else to enjoy sporting-wise. Add to that the county game is going down the pan too with a series of flat wickets, bage bowlers and FTBs and you might as well uninvent the game.

S'good to have you back, Gus! aye-aye
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 16 Nov 2009, 22:15

Is today's India-SL Test the first anywhere in the world since the Ashes decider? If so then it must have been one of the longest breaks in recent years.

Some proper cricket will get people posting again, decent series involving England or Australia in particular. Let's hope we get them! Not surprising everyone's tired of ODI and T20 cricket, given most people on here don't have a lot of time for it anyway...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 17 Nov 2009, 00:36

I'm past the halfway point in my life. Do you see me complaining? Rolling Eyes
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105954
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 17 Nov 2009, 00:38

Well yes, but to be fair, it is usually about Watson or the NSP for picking Watson
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 17 Nov 2009, 00:56

problem is that bowlers these days don't bowl very fast.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 17 Nov 2009, 00:59

G.Wood wrote:Well yes, but to be fair, it is usually about Watson or the NSP for picking Watson
Tell me more about this Watson fellow to whom you refer. Is he any good? Or just a big soft no-talent? columbo
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 17 Nov 2009, 02:33

skully wrote:
G.Wood wrote:Well yes, but to be fair, it is usually about Watson or the NSP for picking Watson
Tell me more about this Watson fellow to whom you refer. Is he any good? Or just a big soft no-talent? columbo

watson is the new great Spiv...

I think the skully count will remain down until the dubbers start winning a few matches...this should start to happen now with Bung's demise and selection by the NSP of haddit, the chokarian et al

I have noticed that skully rarely posts on the Oz domestic thread these days
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 17 Nov 2009, 02:39

btw - where is Aaron Bird - the logical successor to Bung?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 17 Nov 2009, 02:59

As much as Bung can have a logical successor in any selection boardroom other than Australia's.

DOHH! That's right. He is Australian.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 17 Nov 2009, 04:12

hehehe...Bird also is the guy with the suspect action who the spivs kept playing last year (ie both have been accused of throwing)
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 17 Nov 2009, 04:19

Well Bung's elbow injury would be why he can't bowl as fast. Though I'm interested in taking up a collection for his orthopod, so the report comes back, "totally farking knackered".
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 17 Nov 2009, 04:40

As Professor Farnsworth would say...

We're past the halfway point in the month... Prof

Relax everyone, Bung's career is over.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 17 Nov 2009, 04:43

Is it hotter than normal everywhere? I grew up in greenhouse conditions but 44 is not a good omen for the bushfire season.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 17 Nov 2009, 04:45

It's the greenhouse effect - apparently. Rolling Eyes

But Krudd will fix it with his tax on coal mines that will double our power bills.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 17 Nov 2009, 04:53

Phhhuuurrttt! You could triple the tax on our coal mines and they'd still make a fortune. Like the banks they'll use it as an excuse to up rates, fees or something. Anyway we can always flog uranium to India, Pakistan, Israel or Iran in the hope they use it on each other and save a shitload in foreign aid.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 17 Nov 2009, 04:58

Hehehe.

I find your opinions intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. columbo
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 17 Nov 2009, 05:00

February 29th it hits the streets.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next