Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand vs South Africa, First Test Team Predictions.

+2
Henry
DJ_Smerk
6 posters

Go down

New Zealand vs South Africa, First Test Team Predictions. Empty New Zealand vs South Africa, First Test Team Predictions.

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 28 Oct 2007, 15:14

Well, clearly the pitch will suit the quicks. Last test to played in Johannesburg was India vs SAF and the Quicks racked up alot of wickets, with Kumble being the only outstanding spinner to get any scalps.

NZ XI 1st Test.

L Vincent
M Papps
S Fleming
S Styris
R Taylor
B McCullum
J Oram
D Vettori
S Bond
C Martin
M Mason

SAF XI 1st Test.

G Smith
H Gibbs
J Kallis
H Amla
A Prince
AB Devilliers
M Boucher
S Pollock
P Harris
A Nel
C Langeveldt
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

New Zealand vs South Africa, First Test Team Predictions. Empty Re: New Zealand vs South Africa, First Test Team Predictions.

Post by Henry Sun 28 Oct 2007, 15:19

Id go for Cumming, who made runs in the tour match, ahead of Papps. But apart from that, your team looks about right.

Langeveldt is a fair way out of contention for the South African test team at the moment. I think it will be-

Smith(c)
Gibbs
Amla
Kallis
Prince
De Villiers
Boucher+
Pollock
Steyn
Harris
Ntini
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

New Zealand vs South Africa, First Test Team Predictions. Empty Re: New Zealand vs South Africa, First Test Team Predictions.

Post by Winkle Spinner Sun 28 Oct 2007, 16:32

What's Morkel's fitness like? They've got pretty good depth to the batting, so they may drop a batsman and play him. And I think they'll try and squeeze Nel in, too. I don't know. It would be lunacy to leave Pollock out again, though.
Winkle Spinner
Winkle Spinner

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 28 Oct 2007, 16:38

Morkel fractured a bone in his foot, I think. That's usually about an 8-10 week injury. He might make the one day series that follows the tests.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 30 Oct 2007, 07:53

I wouldn't play Langeveldt. Their attack should be Steyn, Ntini, Pollock and Harris. Pollock will be more suited to the Saffa pitches and his batting adds overall strength. Amla should not be picked; he's a dud. Don't know what the selectors see in him.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:03

Quota
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:05

tac wrote:Quota

quota x 2
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:18

The quota is officially two, but three is preferable if possible.

JP Duminy deserves a chance in the test side on merit, Gibbs is obviously there on merit, same with Ntini. I think they'll give Amla one more chance, though.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:19

Henry wrote:The quota is officially two, but three is preferable if possible.

JP Duminy deserves a chance in the test side on merit, Gibbs is obviously there on merit, same with Ntini. I think they'll give Amla one more chance, though.

Can't remember Duminy scoring too many FC runs. Amla probably shades him there.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:21

Duminy averages 50 in first class cricket. I forgot Prince as well.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:22

taipan wrote:

JP averages a shade over 50 in FC games, taips, about 7 runs more than the Terrorist.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:23

Henry wrote:Duminy averages 50 in first class cricket. I forgot Prince as well.

Doesn't mean much. FC cricket has been totally diluted by the quota and the international players rarely play.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:24

tac wrote:
taipan wrote:

JP averages a shade over 50 in FC games, taips, about 7 runs more than the Terrorist.

K, didn't seem that much to me from memory
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:24

Duminy in first class cricket-

Matches- 37

Runs- 2543

Hundred's- 7

Average- 50.86
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:26

Ignoring the stats, he looks a much better player than Amla, who's technique is a bit all over the place.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:27

I have always said Amla is carp
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:32

There seems to be a dearth of back up batting in South Africa at the moment. Apart from Duminy, who is there?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:37

Henry wrote:There seems to be a dearth of back up batting in South Africa at the moment. Apart from Duminy, who is there?

The quota has killed it
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:38

Henry wrote:Duminy in first class cricket-

Matches- 37

Runs- 2543

Hundred's- 7

Average- 50.86

FFS Henry, I think taips gets it. Talk about flogging a dead horse . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:40

Huh? I was just pointing out his stats for everyone's benefit. Wont bother next time.....
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 30 Oct 2007, 08:43

Henry wrote:Huh? I was just pointing out his stats for everyone's benefit. Wont bother next time.....
Good. The less you post the better for everyone.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 30 Oct 2007, 11:12

It would seem that only the likes of the already tried Dippenaar and McKenzie could slot in. Not enough young batsmen coming through though they seem to produce bowlers with some young African names coming to the fore in addition to Steyn and the Morkels.

Rudolph was decent, but like KP, has defected to England. If only SA could swap KP for Smith.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down