Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viru to retire from test cricket after playing 100 tests????

+5
Josh Carney
Batman
The One
horace
SG
9 posters

Go down

Viru to retire from test cricket after playing 100 tests???? Empty Viru to retire from test cricket after playing 100 tests????

Post by SG Mon 22 Feb 2010, 04:47

I read somewhere that Sehwag wants to bat at no.4 despite his super success as an opener.

And that he also wants to quit tests after playing 100 tests.

Is that true?

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Viru to retire from test cricket after playing 100 tests???? Empty Re: Viru to retire from test cricket after playing 100 tests????

Post by SG Mon 22 Feb 2010, 04:49

If yes, then what the hell?

He is so successful at the top why would he want to bat at no.4?

As for 100 tests, he has already played 76 tests for India. India will play around 25 tests during next 2 years. So Sehwag won't play test cricket after '12?

SG

Back to top Go down

Viru to retire from test cricket after playing 100 tests???? Empty Re: Viru to retire from test cricket after playing 100 tests????

Post by horace Mon 22 Feb 2010, 04:50

looks like it
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 22 Feb 2010, 04:53

maybe sehwag is not very good with maths. he's not too bright is he?

he has another 4-5 years at the least

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 22 Feb 2010, 04:53

Got this piece from one of a blog,

A newspaper once carried an interview with Sehwag. He was talking about how much his coach contributed to his success. Apparently, the teenaged Sehwag had a propensity to drag his back leg out of the crease when playing shots off the front foot. No matter how much his coach raved and ranted, Viru couldn't seem to control his back leg.

Frustrated, his coach tied a rope around his back leg and stood behind the wicket. The moment Sehwag would play his front foot drive, the coach would tug at the rope, making sure it stayed in the crease. This went on till Viru's back leg got the message!

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 22 Feb 2010, 04:54

maybe sehwag is not very good with maths. he's not too bright is he?
Can't disagree with that.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 22 Feb 2010, 04:58

He isn't good with maths. He says he wants to bat at number 4 after SRT retires, which will be another 3 years, the same time needed for him to complete 100 tests and retire himself. if he has made up his mind he will end up retiring around SRT retiring.
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 22 Feb 2010, 04:58

Read the thread from PhilCric titled Seewag's interview or something like that

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 22 Feb 2010, 05:02

Josh Carney wrote:Read the thread from PhilCric titled Seewag's interview or something like that
Read that but there is no mention of him wanting to retire after playing 100 tests.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 22 Feb 2010, 05:41

Perhaps there is a link to the "back problems"

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by rey Mon 22 Feb 2010, 16:39

He said fielding for a day+ and then coming out to open 10 minutes later is physically demanding hence wanting to bat in the middle order.
rey
rey

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by philcric Mon 22 Feb 2010, 18:19

The 31-year-old also made an astonishing disclosure that he has never gone and inspected the pitch ahead of any match.

"I have never seen the wicket in my life before a Test or ODI. Even when I became the captain of the Indian team I never went and saw the wicket. So somebody asked if you have not seen the team how will you pick your team? And I said that if you are playing in South Africa, you will play with three fast bowlers and a spinner, and if you are playing in India there is the option that you can play two fast bowlers and two spinners.

"But if I see the wicket I say to myself, 'Okay, this is a flat track and I have to start scoring from the first ball and maybe I would make a mistake and get out'. At the same time, I am thinking the whole night that it is a seaming track and tomorrow morning my tactics have to be good and my feet should be moving then only I will survive.

"It is rubbish for me, I have never seen wickets. I just think I am going to face the four bowlers and in those four bowlers no one can get me out," quipped the batting genius.
philcric
philcric

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 22 Feb 2010, 19:57

He's mad.

They keep saying batsmen like him fall off very quickly when they lose their hand eye coordination.

Should be something to see when that happens.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon 22 Feb 2010, 22:29

aye, the decline will probably set in in a couple of years imo. what a ride it will have been.
Ash
Ash

Viru to retire from test cricket after playing 100 tests???? MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 22 Feb 2010, 22:38

He could help himself by losing some weight. When the decline comes it is likely to be very rapid and it will be a quick exit, also he is not the kind of guy to want to hang around like a fart in the telephone booth.

A career in BJP potentially awaits him.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 23 Feb 2010, 03:43

Because BJP is a party of Lalas?Very Happy

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 23 Feb 2010, 06:19

Recall some TV footage where BJP party workers were distributing sweets after one of his triple tons or some other milestone. Have connected the two together, could be wrong.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 23 Feb 2010, 07:00

Thats the tendency of almost every Indian political party. Quick to encash the popular mood.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down