Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tendulkar turns down Test captaincy

+10
Josh Carney
doremi
rey
Brass Monkey
Shoeshine
skully
The One
please don't yell
Henry
SG
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tendulkar turns down Test captaincy - Page 2 Empty Re: Tendulkar turns down Test captaincy

Post by doremi Wed 07 Nov 2007, 06:17

I don't get you Josh, on one hand you say oldies shoudln't be handed the job, on the other hand you're against giving the job to the only young player who can be given the job. Which side are you on?
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Tendulkar turns down Test captaincy - Page 2 Empty Re: Tendulkar turns down Test captaincy

Post by Josh Carney Wed 07 Nov 2007, 06:32

doremi wrote:I don't get you Josh, on one hand you say oldies shoudln't be handed the job, on the other hand you're against giving the job to the only young player who can be given the job. Which side are you on?
Having reservations about Dhoni does not equate to wanting to give it to the oldies. They are two separate things. And don't follow this line about Whose side are you query !

I have said for quite a while who IMO should should be the Indian Captain. That transition should have taken place over two years as opposed to the ill fated Dravid experiment that I never favoured.

As GC says there is the real danger that Dhoni's career at least from a test perspective could be in serious jeopardy if he leads down under.

Know there are not many takers for Kaif but I would say Viru is a wild card for the test Captaincy.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 07 Nov 2007, 06:37

Josh Carney wrote:I would say Viru is a wild card for the test Captaincy.
First let Sehwag get into Indian test team.

As things stand atm, he is even struggling to get into Indian ODI team.

SG

Number of posts : 12806

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Wed 07 Nov 2007, 07:12

SG wrote:
Josh Carney wrote:I would say Viru is a wild card for the test Captaincy.
First let Sehwag get into Indian test team.

As things stand atm, he is even struggling to get into Indian ODI team.

Even? So he's a better ODI player than he is a test player? You should know he ought to've been a shoo-in for the test team right from the Bangladesh series. Leave it up to the selectors to mix up test and ODI selections.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Tendulkar turns down Test captaincy - Page 2 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 07 Nov 2007, 07:33

I meant ODIs to be inferior version of cricket. Thats why I used 'even'.

SG

Number of posts : 12806

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Wed 07 Nov 2007, 13:00

SG wrote:
doremi wrote:Kumble seems to be more popular, though he's not left the best impression in the Ranji game against Mumbai.
I don't think Kumble will be any worth as Indian test captain.

He'd largely be ineffective IMO.

Why do you think so?

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 07 Nov 2007, 13:40

ultra-defensive. see the karnataka-bombay match

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Wed 07 Nov 2007, 14:35

Hmmm.. thought so. And he overbowled himself even when he was not not doing that well.

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Wed 07 Nov 2007, 19:12

Josh Carney wrote:
SG wrote:As per Greg Chappell, a trip to Australia as Indian test captain will finish Dhoni, the cricketer.
He is not far from the truth particularly given Dhoni's test credentials keeping and batting wise. Above this is the toughest test for any Captain and I don't think he is ready.

my understanding of what GC said was that a tour to oz will provide the finishing touches to dhoni as a cricketer and he should then be ready for test captaincy
Ash
Ash

Tendulkar turns down Test captaincy - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 08 Nov 2007, 01:25

Ash wrote:
Josh Carney wrote:
SG wrote:As per Greg Chappell, a trip to Australia as Indian test captain will finish Dhoni, the cricketer.
He is not far from the truth particularly given Dhoni's test credentials keeping and batting wise. Above this is the toughest test for any Captain and I don't think he is ready.

my understanding of what GC said was that a tour to oz will provide the finishing touches to dhoni as a cricketer and he should then be ready for test captaincy

That's what I thought too.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Tendulkar turns down Test captaincy - Page 2 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2