Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday, Bloody Sunday ... Merls ....?

4 posters

Go down

Sunday, Bloody Sunday ... Merls ....? Empty Sunday, Bloody Sunday ... Merls ....?

Post by PeterCS Wed 16 Jun 2010, 12:33

I think Cameron gave a good speech.

He didn't beat about the bush ... and showed that an attitude of "My Country - Right or Wrong" was always illogical and can be toxic.

It's no support to British troops if one defends the indefensible, in other words.

Rather, it is the honourable thing to protect rather higher standards of ethics, national interest (and common sense) than the type of terrorists who forever claim moral rectitude, righteousness of the cause, God on their side etc, and pursue murderous practices with a will.

Merls?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Sunday, Bloody Sunday ... Merls ....? Empty Re: Sunday, Bloody Sunday ... Merls ....?

Post by JKLever Wed 16 Jun 2010, 12:50

He got it pretty much right in his tone I thought.

Hopefully there are no prosecutions though, because with the killers of a lot of the protestant community free and some sat in the parliament it will not play well.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Sunday, Bloody Sunday ... Merls ....? Empty Re: Sunday, Bloody Sunday ... Merls ....?

Post by Merlin Thu 17 Jun 2010, 07:52

I think Cameron gave a good speech.

Agree Petey.
It was a long time coming and finally had to be said - Bloody Sunday was wrong - a squaddie mate of mine who was there on the charge always said as much - but what galls is the sanctimonious arrogance of the two ageing and publicity hungry IRA commanders, especially McGuiness, elected MP's yet who refuse to sit at Westminster, whose orders back then triggered the deaths of hundreds of Protestants.

They have never apologised and even today continue to insist on a Northern Irish Republic ....
....now There's the cruel irony.

Nevertheless, I'm glad Cameron stood up and shouldered responsibility.
Good signs for the future ...

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Bad_Bob Thu 17 Jun 2010, 22:34

Big_Bad_Bob
Big_Bad_Bob

Sunday, Bloody Sunday ... Merls ....? ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3718
Registration date : 2007-09-28
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down