Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chappell - NTM. I'm not sure if this is good news or not

+8
Bradman
horace
Henry
Nath
Red
PeterCS
skully
Zat
12 posters

Go down

Chappell - NTM. I'm not sure if this is good news or not Empty Chappell - NTM. I'm not sure if this is good news or not

Post by Zat Mon 23 Aug 2010, 03:40

Some faceless CA hack wrote:Cricket Australia (CA) has appointed Australian cricket legend and current Centre of Excellence (COE) Head Coach Greg Chappell as its first National Talent Manager (NTM), a role which will see him become Australian cricket’s first full-time selector.
Chappell, who played 87 Tests for Australia, 48 as captain, and also played 74 One-day Internationals, and was inducted in to the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame in 2002, will vacate his current role as CA Centre of Excellence Head Coach in Brisbane to take the new, Melbourne-based role...
Andrew Hilditch will continue to chair the National Selection Panel (NSP) and Chappell will join as one of its four members.
Mr Brown said an NSP review will now be undertaken with a view to taking a recommendation to CA’s Board in mid October.
“We have kept the Australian selectors up to date with the fact that such a review would be needed once the NTM recruitment was finalised,” he said.
More in link

Would have made more sense IMO to make the NTM the head of the NSP. If you're going to have a full-time selector, then they should be in charge. And even Chappell, G couldn't do a worse job than HiIditch, surely.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Chappell - NTM. I'm not sure if this is good news or not Empty Re: Chappell - NTM. I'm not sure if this is good news or not

Post by skully Mon 23 Aug 2010, 05:31

FMD. Hilditch has got to have surprise and candid photos of Sutherland in bustierre, fishnets and suspenders, doesn't he?? FFS, how does this qunt hang onto his job? Aus is currently ranked 4th and will slide to 5th if results over the next 6 month go as current form suggests, all presided over by that farkstick.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105954
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Chappell - NTM. I'm not sure if this is good news or not Empty Re: Chappell - NTM. I'm not sure if this is good news or not

Post by PeterCS Mon 23 Aug 2010, 07:15

Not a fan, then?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 23 Aug 2010, 09:51

During his first incarnation, he was famous for promoting Healy over more apparently favoured candidates. Wonder given Haddin's injury situation if he'd be tempted to expedite the likes of Queenslander Hartley over the Taswegian.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Mon 23 Aug 2010, 10:16

skully wrote:FMD. Hilditch has got to have surprise and candid photos of Sutherland in bustierre, fishnets and suspenders, doesn't he?? FFS, how does this qunt hang onto his job? Aus is currently ranked 4th and will slide to 5th if results over the next 6 month go as current form suggests, all presided over by that farkstick.

shoot threaten chainsaw
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11969
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 23 Aug 2010, 10:20

PeterCS wrote:Not a fan, then?
You haven't been following my work, PCS? Mad
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 23 Aug 2010, 10:21

Red wrote:During his first incarnation, he was famous for promoting Healy over more apparently favoured candidates. Wonder given Haddin's injury situation if he'd be tempted to expedite the likes of Queenslander Hartley over the Taswegian.
Nah, Tim Paine is a lock for the Aus keeping spot during and after Haddit's tenure.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 24 Aug 2010, 03:30

And Tim Nielsen has had his contract extended until 2013. Snigger.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 24 Aug 2010, 03:43

I think it is a good idea...heard Merv on radio this am...one of the current lot has to go...merv does not know who...you'd think the ACB would have announced who is to leave at the same time..

while most think Hildy should go this guarantees he will stay...expect Cox to go given his other involvement in Tozzieville
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 24 Aug 2010, 05:01

They should have an NTM as a selector. The Chairman should be partime but the other two should also be fulltime, or at least one of them. Maybe with a remit for following the form of the contracted players, or as a permanent selector attached to the management group attending every international.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Tue 24 Aug 2010, 05:53

Maybe we need to revamp the whole way we do selections.

Could we instead appoint a supremo (like England did with Ray Illingworth) who ultimately makes all selection decisions.

He could be assisted by a panel of non-voting advisors (which would include the captain).

I only raise the idea because it seems nobody is accountable. If you only have one bloke doing the selecting you know who to blame!

Hass

Chappell - NTM. I'm not sure if this is good news or not MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 24 Aug 2010, 06:50

Or maybe four fulltime selectors and a Chairman with a casting vote/veto.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 24 Aug 2010, 07:13

provided that chair was not Hildy
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 24 Aug 2010, 07:27

Goes without saying. Should be warned off cricket grounds for life.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 24 Aug 2010, 07:37

horace wrote:provided that chair was not Hildy is hit with a chair
FIXED
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 24 Aug 2010, 09:47

Electric chair?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 24 Aug 2010, 10:02

General Chappell. Has a nice ring to it.

But isn't he a bit too qualified for such a job at CA?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 24 Aug 2010, 10:29

JGK wrote:Electric chair?
Where do I sign the petition?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 24 Aug 2010, 10:34

I'm going to auction off the right to throw the switch on Ebay with proceeds to go to the creation of a TGM and TJ wrist spin academy.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Sat 28 Aug 2010, 07:45

A step forward that GSC has been named a fulltime selector
A step back Hilditch retains his position.

Blackadder

Chappell - NTM. I'm not sure if this is good news or not ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 28 Aug 2010, 11:55

Post his playing days GSC's CV is pretty disastrous. I guess it pays to be a former great cricketer when it comes to getting a job.

Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 28 Aug 2010, 18:53

Henry wrote:Post his playing days GSC's CV is pretty disastrous. I guess it pays to be a former great cricketer when it comes to getting a job.

Yeah, he has no tits
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down