Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year?

+10
Gary 111
JKLever
Chivalry Augustus
spangler
JGK
taipan
Red
Brass Monkey
Zat
Henry
14 posters

Go down

So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year? Empty So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year?

Post by Henry Mon 13 Jun 2011, 12:38

Are there still tickets available? Will there be any tickets available on the day of events? I'm considering being in London during the Olympics to take some of it in, but I wont bother if the tickets are already gone.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year? Empty Re: So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year?

Post by Zat Mon 13 Jun 2011, 13:05

I was planning a trip but the daughter got engaged. Wedding is in August 2012. That's pretty well rooted finances for next year.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year? Empty Re: So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year?

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:13

I shall be avoiding the Olympics like it was a ginger wallflower at a 70's disco.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:15

It will be hard to get tickets. Anyway I'm chuffed because my leave as come through and I can go to the Caribbean to watch our cricketers. I've linked with a number of possible tour groups and will select the best package. Hope Hildick is not in charge of picking the squad.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17098
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:19

Hilditch will be picking the tour group?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:20

Make sure your passport says 'male' red.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:23

Red wrote:It will be hard to get tickets. Anyway I'm chuffed because my leave as come through and I can go to the Caribbean to watch our cricketers. I've linked with a number of possible tour groups and will select the best package. Hope Hildick is not in charge of picking the squad.

Any chance you can pick up any new posters.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:52

I am angling to get a week or two off to go to the Olympics. Tix to the main events will be hard but there will plenty of tix to lesser events - as there were in Sydney.

Not sure that Mrs K will be too chuffed by it though having already given me a week off for the Champions League final. The only card I have left to play is that it is my 40th next year and given that London and Sydney are the only two cities on the planet that I have chosen to live in, it would be nice to see Olympics in both.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:59

Or just say, "F*ck it i'm 40....I'm going to the f*cking Olympics. I'll send a postcard maybe."
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 13 Jun 2011, 15:02

It will more likely be "I'll bring back diamonds".

JGK

Number of posts : 41790

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Mon 13 Jun 2011, 21:03

Signed up for about a grands worth of tickets and got about £120 worth. Shitehawks
spangler
spangler

So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year? 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Mon 13 Jun 2011, 21:53

Olympics? I'll host my own Olympics. I'll round up some Chinese, Japanese, Germans, Indians, whatevers, keep them locked up in my cellar until next summer, then let them participate in a series of events on the back garden. Tickets are £2 a pop - £5 if you want to take a piece of your favourite athlete home with you. £3 for athlete burger. Participants will have appendages removed after each event to make it more interesting. Modern pentathlon will be bloody. The opening ceremony will feature human sacrifice. As will the closing ceremony.

In fact, human sacrifice all around.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year? Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 13 Jun 2011, 21:56

JGK wrote:given that London and Sydney are the only two cities on the planet that I have chosen to live in, it would be nice to see Olympics in both.

you have actually chosen to live in London before? Nutter.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 22:15

Chivalry Augustus wrote:Olympics? I'll host my own Olympics. I'll round up some Chinese, Japanese, Germans, Indians, whatevers, keep them locked up in my cellar until next summer, then let them participate in a series of events on the back garden. Tickets are £2 a pop - £5 if you want to take a piece of your favourite athlete home with you. £3 for athlete burger. Participants will have appendages removed after each event to make it more interesting. Modern pentathlon will be bloody. The opening ceremony will feature human sacrifice. As will the closing ceremony.

Silly.

India doesn't compete in the Olympics.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 13 Jun 2011, 22:20

Yeah, they object about the photo finish
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 13 Jun 2011, 23:09

Chivalry Augustus wrote:Olympics? I'll host my own Olympics. I'll round up some Chinese, Japanese, Germans, Indians, whatevers, keep them locked up in my cellar until next summer, then let them participate in a series of events on the back garden. Tickets are £2 a pop - £5 if you want to take a piece of your favourite athlete home with you. £3 for athlete burger. Participants will have appendages removed after each event to make it more interesting. Modern pentathlon will be bloody. The opening ceremony will feature human sacrifice. As will the closing ceremony.

So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year? 482
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 13 Jun 2011, 23:12

Is he mocking the practices of your Briton druids?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 13 Jun 2011, 23:13

Wales would be ideal place to hold an olympic games. It would be electric.

Plenty of drugs too, incase anyone was wondering.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 13 Jun 2011, 23:16

I know, I've been there. And I've seen Twin Town. All in all, drugs.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 14 Jun 2011, 01:29

[quote="Gary 111"]

Silly.

India doesn't compete in the Olympics.[/quote]
fixed...cept in being the most corrupt country on earth

horace
horace

Number of posts : 42595
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Thu 16 Jun 2011, 00:08

Brass Monkey wrote:I shall be avoiding the Olympics like it was a ginger wallflower at a 70's disco.

I'd reassess that decision if I was you.

There were plenty of Sydneysiders who fled the city in 2000 because they wanted to avoid the Olympics. I know quite a few who came back early to catch the last few days once word got around of how great the party was.

I'm a chance of heading over to Europe for a decent stint next year. If I can make it work I'd love to be in London when the Games are on.

Hass

So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year? MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie Jill Thu 16 Jun 2011, 01:48

I`ll be fleeing Olympic mania for the 'safety' of Oz. The Olimpiks have been crap since that Steve Redgrave quit.
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

So who is planning on going to the Olympics next year? 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down