Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demelza ... never

Go down

Demelza ... never Empty Demelza ... never

Post by Hilda Sun 30 Dec 2007, 17:43

trust a man - especially the round headed untamed kitchen animal.

After church this morning, he tells me to change into denims and a T-shirt because we are going to see the white Siberian tiger cubs whose mother rejected them. Apparently they are being kept at the Hartebeespoort (don't try and say that word) Dam. Off we go - pay R100,00 (less than 10 UK pounds) we walk around looking at all these poor caged animals. After an hour of walking I eventually asked the lady who was selling the tickets where these cubs were. She said that she had heard of them but they are not at this place.

Off we go to Ta Malie's place. They sell the most wonderful freshly baken loaves of bread and proper ginger beer and I found some sour acid sweets which I hadn't had for about 50 years.

Then we went for lunch.

Got home just after 2 this afternoon and I still haven't seen the cubs.

I will do my own detective work by phoning the SABC and ask for the newsroom and maybe then we will get a different answer.

I could have wrung his neck when we got home. I still have so many jerseys, mittens, beanies.. etc. to finish before the start of the winter. onguard
Hilda
Hilda

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-10-26
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Demelza ... never Empty Re: Demelza ... never

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2007, 17:46

Ooohh, you had acid drops and you're complaining woman?

Think yourself lucky!

And I'm still trying to say Hartebeespoort.

Back to top Go down