Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black cricketers starting to break through on merit in South Africa

4 posters

Go down

Black cricketers starting to break through on merit in South Africa Empty Black cricketers starting to break through on merit in South Africa

Post by Henry Tue 18 Aug 2015, 23:38

Kagiso Rabada, Temba Bavuma, Aaron Phangiso, Eddie Leie, Omphile Ramela.

All of them are in, or on the fringes of the South African team. Has the tide turned? Most of them seem to be good enough as well, rather than being ridiculous quota picks.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Black cricketers starting to break through on merit in South Africa Empty Re: Black cricketers starting to break through on merit in South Africa

Post by Growler Tue 18 Aug 2015, 23:44

Are they batsmen or bowlers Trev, and who could you see of the current SA squad possibly having their place challenged over the coming year or two ?
Growler
Growler

Black cricketers starting to break through on merit in South Africa MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Black cricketers starting to break through on merit in South Africa Empty Re: Black cricketers starting to break through on merit in South Africa

Post by Henry Tue 18 Aug 2015, 23:47

Kagiso- Fast bowler capable of 150 kph+, Bavuma and Ramela are batsmen, and Phangiso and Leie are spinners.

I think Kagiso for sure will be in or around the team, and he could be putting pressure on Morne Morkel for a spot in the test team. I reckon he'll be unleashed against England later in the year. Bavuma will likely play at six in the test side in India, and Ramela may make the test squad as a reserve batsman.

Phangiso and Leie will be around the ODI and T20 squads, but it's unlikely they'll play tests anytime soon.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Tue 18 Aug 2015, 23:53

Thanks mate - I (and others I'm sure) will keep an eye on them, and see if you've put the hex on 'em Very Happy .

Be interesting to see taips' thoughts on these players.
Growler
Growler

Black cricketers starting to break through on merit in South Africa MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 19 Aug 2015, 04:33

Radaba looks to be the genuine article. I personally don't think Bavuma should be in the test team.

One of the problems with the quota is that even the player himself does not know if he is picked on merit. That is why some black players are anti it.

Another irony is that most of the black players are coming through the private school system unlike the white players. Black cricket at grass root level is still poorly developed.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 21 Aug 2015, 07:46

All doomed now. A bad day for these particular black people.

You utter, utter, bastard Trev.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38119
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 21 Aug 2015, 07:55

Meh, if they're not good enough to escape my praise, they should take up something else (and would probably be forced to, assuming all their limbs are still intact, and they haven't developed a mystery strain of plague)
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 21 Aug 2015, 07:58

Henry wrote:Meh, if they're not good enough to escape my praise, they should take up something else (and would probably be forced to, assuming all their limbs are still intact, and they haven't developed a mystery strain of plague)
Bavuma should be safe.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down