Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Rugby Union Thread

+15
Henry
beamer
taipan
tricycle
mynah
Big Dog
Zat
skully
holcs
Mick Sawyer
PeterCS
PearlJ
JGK
JKLever
DJ_Smerk
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

International Rugby Union Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: International Rugby Union Thread

Post by beamer Sat 24 Nov 2012, 19:09

NH rugby is seriously crap at the moment. Decent performance from the Irish against the in-form Argies though, even more so minus BOD and POC.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

International Rugby Union Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: International Rugby Union Thread

Post by Big Dog Sat 01 Dec 2012, 20:23

A real suprise with England downing the All Blacks 38 - 21. Who would have predicted that after getting beaten by the Wobblies.
Meanwhile, the Wobblies just fell over the line with a last minute try to beat Wales 14 - 12.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 01 Dec 2012, 21:43

Enjoyed the highlights of the 2nd half when the Poms ran rampant. Also a useful fluke that Aus beat Wales.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106432
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 01 Dec 2012, 22:30

Have the bookies done well out of this?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38479

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Sun 02 Dec 2012, 00:28

Did anyone watch the England v ABs game?
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 22 Jan 2013, 23:49

Confessions of a hooker

A couple were lying in bed together on the morning of their 10th wedding anniversary
when the wife says, 'Darling, as this is such a special occasion I think that it is time I
made a confession...... before we were married I was a hooker for eight years..'

The husband ponders for a moment and then looks into his wife's eyes and says, 'my
love, you have been a perfect wife for 10 years! and I cannot hold your past against you..
Maybe you could show me a few tricks of the trade so as to spice up our s3x life a bit..?'

She said, 'Darling I don't think you understood me correctly, my name was Brian and I played rugby for Wales ........'

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 23 Jan 2013, 04:38

Can someone please sue Kuntouris

FORMER Wallaby Scott Fava has sued the Waratahs rugby union team physiotherapist, claiming he was to blame for ending Fava's playing career.

The five-Test star retired from the game with a chronic back problem in 2009. The alleged reason behind his decision to quit the game has been revealed in documents filed in the Supreme Court.

Fava, 37, has claimed his playing days ended at the hands of physiotherapist Michael Moran.

He said he was permanently injured after Mr Moran carried out what is known as a shift correction, or a list correction, on his back in February 2009 when the physio knew or should have known that Fava had steroid injections to ease pain the day before - one an epidural, the other in a facet joint. It left him with a prolapsed disc in the lower part of his spine as well as nerve root damage.

It not only ended his career in Australia but cost him sponsorships and the likelihood of playing in Japan on a three-year contract worth more than $320,000 a year, Fava alleged in his statement of claim.
The case was due to return to court today but Fava's solicitor, Thomas Cahill, of Eakin McCaffery Cox lawyers, said yesterday that a confidential settlement was reached last week. He said that he could not comment further.

Mr Moran, who is in private practice but was working with the Waratahs' team doctor, admitted in his defence that he knew or should have known about the steroid injections but he denies negligence and denies causing any injury to Fava.

Fava, who played for the Australian sevens team at the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games, had no comment yesterday from his south coast home. But he claimed in documents the physio had failed to consider using less forceful treatment in the circumstances.

"(Fava) as a result of his injury and disability was rendered unfit to continue his career as a professional rugby player," his statement of claim states.

"Uninjured (he) was likely to continue as a professional rugby player and was likely to secure playing contracts in Australia and Japan."

Fava suffers pain even when standing, the claim said.
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26303
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 10 Feb 2013, 04:35

Good win to the Taffs over the Frogs. 16-6.
Scotland 34 def Italy 10
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 10 Feb 2013, 04:45

How shit are the Frogs?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sat 17 Aug 2024, 23:56

feels like forever since Australian rugby has been great
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 12126
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 08 Sep 2024, 09:14

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wallabies-worst-ever-defeat-aussies-capitulate-in-embarrassing-loss-to-argentina/news-story/f3ffd78842252427a7c370c3d1e8553a

we suck. and it's getting worse!
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 12126
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 08 Sep 2024, 10:22

Appalling, we are.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106432

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4