Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Al Jazeera match fixing documentary

4 posters

Go down

Al Jazeera match fixing documentary Empty Al Jazeera match fixing documentary

Post by Guest Mon 28 May 2018, 11:46

Anyone seen this? Some Asian ex pros are absolutely bang to rights. There's some claims of English and Australian players fixing matches but they didn't give out the details due to legal reasons. To me it smacks of not wanting to get sued as they aren't sure how credible it is.

For me the veracity of the claims (for the England and Australia players at least) depends on how they are defining 'end of a session'. I can't tell if they mean mean the last over before a break or the last over in a ten over 'session' of play. If it's the latter then that would probably lend a bit of credence to the claims but if it's the former then it's not exactly rare for a team to block out the last over before a break.

I hope it's just a bit of sensationalism and the guys they were talking to were just con artists who are making educated guesses as to what will happen in test matches.

ECB and CA boards don't seem too fussed by it at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Al Jazeera match fixing documentary Empty Re: Al Jazeera match fixing documentary

Post by taipan Mon 28 May 2018, 11:50

If they are too scared to name players then there is no proof.

Next.......
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Al Jazeera match fixing documentary Empty Re: Al Jazeera match fixing documentary

Post by Guest Mon 28 May 2018, 12:14

Next?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 28 May 2018, 12:18

ca would only be fussed if their arses were in the sling
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 28 May 2018, 12:23

vilkrang wrote:Next?

Nothing to discuss unless some facts are produced.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 May 2018, 12:42

taipan wrote:
vilkrang wrote:Next?

Nothing to discuss unless some facts are produced.
So sayeth the FB spokesman Laughing .

There's more in the documentary than just those allegations (including some ex pros being caught as mentioned in my first post) and seeing as this is a cricket forum I imagine there might be a tad more to discuss if it relates to fixing at any level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 28 May 2018, 12:51

you play park cricket for obscene amounts guess what
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 28 May 2018, 13:12

Hmmn ...I played park cricket and I never got a sling.

EJ are a reputable crew. I have not seen the doco yet tho two mates said it was not convincing.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42595
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 28 May 2018, 13:20

horace wrote:Hmmn ...I played park cricket and I never got a sling.

EJ are a reputable crew. I have not seen the doco yet tho two mates said it was not convincing.

that was a hack on odis t20 crap horrie. i have nothing but respect for
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 28 May 2018, 13:23

Bradman wrote:
horace wrote:Hmmn ...I played park cricket and I never got a sling.

that was a hack on odis t20 crap horrie. i have nothing but respect for

Watching brief I guess.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 28 May 2018, 13:29

Where are the Oz reviews at? I note the player aka Schoolgirl made a ton in a T20 in the Bannie comp.

Isn't he the ACA's noble nominee for one of the Reviews? Why isn't he here adding his gravitas and gravity defying bottom lip to the process of restoring a modicum of credibility to Oz cricket?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 28 May 2018, 13:45

watson who should be cashing a pension cheque scores a100
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 28 May 2018, 13:54

Bradman wrote:watson who should be cashing a pension cheque scores a100  

YEP. Yet another reason to not credit this form of cricket with any credibility.

Mind you the ECB seems to have taken IPL form into account in selecting their team for the First Test v the Stannies
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 28 May 2018, 14:38

account nice word
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 May 2018, 15:55

In a way I wish that the entire England team had been on the take over the past couple of years.

But no, we're just that shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 29 May 2018, 01:05

It seems the ICC plan to interview the 3 Pom and 2 Oz players.The question is whether they know their names.

Seems all rather confusing.

Has anyone seen the program?

Seems the ICC want access to info redacted or edited out.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 29 May 2018, 03:05

if i was a playerplayer 发人可能
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 29 May 2018, 04:02

Your characters are interesting.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 29 May 2018, 04:18

yeah my son just fixed this cheap piece of Chinese crap. hopefully it works
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2018, 08:27

horace wrote:It seems the ICC plan to interview the 3 Pom and 2 Oz players.The question is whether they know their names.

Seems all rather confusing.

Has anyone seen the program?

Seems the ICC want access to info redacted or edited out.
Yes, they know their names as AJ have given them all of the evidence they have including the redacted information.

I saw the program and for me they didn't really define 'end of a session' clearly enough. There were I think three incidents where a 'manda' (betting slang for under 2 runs in an over) were scored at the end of a 'session'.

Now if it's what we understand as an end of a session i.e. the last over before a break then this really isn't very strange at all, however the program seemed to imply that they were just using the word 'session' to mean the end of a 10 over period of play.

But even then, it could just be a coincidence unless it was in an otherwise high scoring part of the game in which case it would look quite suspicious. If it was towards the end of an innings where everyone was swinging the bat then a maiden (in both cases it turned out to be maidens I think) suddenly looks very suspicious but if it was in the final innings where England were trying to save the match then a maiden isn't out of place at all.

My gut feeling is that the English and Aussie players will be alright (I really hope so anyway) but there was lots of other fixing going on that looked a lot more credible involving some ex and current pros. Looked like some IPL matches had a bit of spot fixing going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 29 May 2018, 08:48

Sounds very dubious ... why would anyone bet on an Australian lasting long enough on a bunsen burner to qualify as a slow innings? You couldn't bet on them surviving twenty balls on those tracks.

Name names ... put up or shut up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38497
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 29 May 2018, 11:21

lardbucket wrote:Sounds very dubious ... why would anyone bet on an Australian lasting long enough on a bunsen burner to qualify as a slow innings? You couldn't bet on them surviving twenty balls on those tracks.

Name names ... put up or shut up.

actually I was curious about that Imean you wouldn't have to rig a pitch nowadays
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 01 Jun 2018, 07:09

Well this interesting. CA has summarily sacked its own integrity officer. Dame Joan and cbnlg are running a tight ship.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sun 03 Jun 2018, 07:51

And the fat dark claims the board knows no names.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sun 03 Jun 2018, 07:53

OK that should have read "the fat fark"
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down