Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reflections in a very dry martini.....

5 posters

Go down

Reflections in a very dry martini..... Empty Reflections in a very dry martini.....

Post by Bradman Sun 24 May 2020, 12:49

......with apols to Ian Fleming...the world sucks ATM...this thread starting crap is good though..... I'm smoking more and drinking more...but things could be worse....there are no aliens threatening to destroy the planet.... Trump could be an even bigger farkwit (okay that bit is fantasy).... Jim Molan is calling for a new jihad amidst the turmoil ....but a lot of people are doing a lot of good.....more to follow.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Reflections in a very dry martini..... Empty Re: Reflections in a very dry martini.....

Post by Bradman Sun 24 May 2020, 15:59

....now as this things calms down more of you might be thinking of flying north or south depending on geographical location......forget Cairns, it's a farking dump in Winter.... Mexicans love it because it's twenty degrees warmer than the dump they live in...
go to Darwin....you can actually swim in the motel pool in Winter..... admittedly the only place you can safely swim....need more booze... more to follow
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Reflections in a very dry martini..... Empty Re: Reflections in a very dry martini.....

Post by horace Sun 24 May 2020, 19:14

Keep going ???
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 24 May 2020, 23:23

oi, I lived in Cairns for the best part of 15 years, summer and winter ... and it's not a dump

(though the Esplanade is crawling with manky Mexicans almost all year round)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38068
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 25 May 2020, 00:44

Such a good word..."manky"...
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105883
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 25 May 2020, 00:50

I am enjoying Q's new found skill of starting new threads.

They are very philosophical. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 25 May 2020, 01:49

Very good word. Though lardy's reflections on Cairns are probably skewed by living in Tassie. The only place in the world I've ever visited and used an electric blanket in summer.

For Nath electric blankets are like walkmans, VCRs and dinosaurs you need to go to a museum to see one.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 25 May 2020, 03:35

......tonight I think it might be reflections in a Manhattan...getting a bit sick of vodka.....well not really....but a change is as good as a holiday.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 25 May 2020, 05:25

Electric blankets, ay? I must be very hot-blooded because I haven't felt the need for one since I was a teenager.

It's probably because I'm fat.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 25 May 2020, 06:00

Well it was forty odd years ago.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 25 May 2020, 07:14

Funny thread. Keep it going Qmy.

Never a fan of electric blankets.

To this day I must have a bedroom window open at night for fresh air. Always try to get a balcony in hotels ... course I do like to smoke.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 25 May 2020, 08:25

Yeah but you're a Victorian. You maniacs go to footy games with ponchos made out of bin liners.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 25 May 2020, 09:36

Bradman wrote:Yeah but you're a Victorian.  You maniacs go to footy games with ponchos made out of bin liners.

Phurt. We sleep in them at my age.

Went to the old Lake Oval to watch a game v Melbourne a very long time ago. I was working in the city that Saturday morning and as it was fekkin' freezing I took and wore an alpaca poncho brought back from Peru as a gift by a gf.

Finished work and after a few beers headed off through torrential rain to the Sth ground. I was meant to meet a mate there. Despite there being only a few thousand other loons there, my mate and I did not find each other 'til the third quarter. The rain was so heavy I could not see as far as the centre for the entire game.

The poncho was a complete fail after the first quarter. Must have weighed 10kg by then. I remember eating a few pies - all icy cold. The only thing in the place that was warm warm was the beer.

Sth lost of course.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 26 May 2020, 13:02

skully wrote:Electric blankets, ay? I must be very hot-blooded because I haven't felt the need for one since I was a teenager.

It's probably because I'm fat.

My kids discovered electric blankets when we stayed in Katoomba one winter. They immediately wanted one for home.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 26 May 2020, 13:49

Arc them up to high and feel nice and toasty warm and then like you've picked up some tropical disease
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 26 May 2020, 22:54

horace wrote:
Bradman wrote:Yeah but you're a Victorian.  You maniacs go to footy games with ponchos made out of bin liners.

Phurt. We sleep in them at my age.

Went to the old Lake Oval to watch a game v Melbourne a very long time ago. I was working in the city that Saturday morning and as it was fekkin' freezing I took and wore an alpaca poncho brought back from Peru as a gift by a gf.

Finished work and after a few beers headed off through torrential rain to the Sth ground. I was meant to meet a mate there. Despite there being only a few thousand other loons there, my mate and I did not find each other 'til the third quarter. The rain was so heavy I could not see as far as the centre for the entire game.

The poncho was a complete fail after the first quarter. Must have weighed 10kg by then. I remember eating a few pies - all icy cold. The only thing in the place that was warm warm was the beer.

Sth lost of course.

Great VFL memories.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38068
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down